X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josef_K
    replied
    *bump*

Joe any news on this one? Haven't seen it released anywhere yet.

Leave a comment:

• Josef_K
    replied
    Originally posted by wishing well View Post
    im just wondering why these record companies keep remastering and releasing thie born again album, they have to be loseing money, is there any intrest what so ever in this album, i really would like to know how many of the remasterd cds sold , i cant imagine the sales were even remotely good, i love black sabbath, all eras but to keep re releaseing things like born again is silly!
    AN UNBELIEVER!!!!

No but srsly, there are lots of Black Sabbath albums that sold worse than Born Again when they were released, and I guess they still do. Seventh Star and Eternal Idol are two examples if I'm correct. The reason why they release these albums together with more commercially successful albums is probably partly because they are all (up to Eternal Idol) on the same label making it natural for them to rerelease them all in one go. I wouldn't be surprised though to see that there must be large differences in how many DE copies there are of Eternal Idol compared to Paranoid. Also, I think (maybe hope is a better word) Iommi has begun to have more respect for the Black Sabbath albums he wrote without Dio or Ozzy, and therefore he doesn't want those masterpieces to be forgotten. I cannot blame him for that. All in all, I don't know why they are doing this, as I said in previous post I was merely dreaming about this vinyl release earlier, I was almost certain it would never become reality. My point is, for a fan this is COMPLETELY AWESOME :D

Leave a comment:

• wishing well
    replied
    why?

Originally posted by Josef_K View Post
    THIS IS AWESOME! I never bought the 2CD edition, and man was that a great choice. My mexico-pressed, scratched old Born Again vinyl copy could use some rest, I am SO getting this!!!! Sucks not to have The Fallen though, but still well worth it. I got all the other 2LP vinyl releases except Paranoid, and I was hoping they would release some more of these but never really thought it would happen! Maybe my dream about a 2LP remixed "Forbidden" release isn't just a dream either then? :D Thanks for sharing Joe, best news I heard since I thought they were gonna remix Born Again ^^. (Yes, this is way better news to me than the Ozzy-Sabbath reunion, even if that would have been true, which it still might be)
    im just wondering why these record companies keep remastering and releasing thie born again album, they have to be loseing money, is there any intrest what so ever in this album, i really would like to know how many of the remasterd cds sold , i cant imagine the sales were even remotely good, i love black sabbath, all eras but to keep re releaseing things like born again is silly!

Leave a comment:

• Josef_K
    replied
    THIS IS AWESOME! I never bought the 2CD edition, and man was that a great choice. My mexico-pressed, scratched old Born Again vinyl copy could use some rest, I am SO getting this!!!! Sucks not to have The Fallen though, but still well worth it. I got all the other 2LP vinyl releases except Paranoid, and I was hoping they would release some more of these but never really thought it would happen! Maybe my dream about a 2LP remixed "Forbidden" release isn't just a dream either then? :D Thanks for sharing Joe, best news I heard since I thought they were gonna remix Born Again ^^. (Yes, this is way better news to me than the Ozzy-Sabbath reunion, even if that would have been true, which it still might be)

Leave a comment:

• montferrand
    replied
    Thanks Joe for this news! I already have one question:

The Fallen is NOT in there... :( And the extended version of stonehenge for that matter. I know there is a limited amount of space available on a vinyl but still...

Leave a comment:

• Joe Siegler
    started a topic Born Again 2LP Vinyl Release Coming

Born Again 2LP Vinyl Release Coming

Just got word that a "special edition" of the Born Again album on double vinyl will be released shortly. While I don't have a proper release date yet, I'm told it will be 180gsm special vinyl, and will be culled from the recent remastering sessions for the Universal 2 CD Born Again Deluxe Edition CD package.

You've seen the cover art many times over the years, here's the back artwork. I should have some more info about it shortly.

Working...
X