What Do You Think Of Born Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Think Of Born Again?

I actually like this album and not too freak some of you I actually like the album art too. The beat, the riffs, the Devilish Laughs I think its brilliant but also because I've been a Black Sabbath Fan for ages and it was this album after hearing Ian Gillans voice that made me start to listen to Deep Purple and become a fan of DP so it was Black Sabbath that made me a fan of DP if this album didn't happen I think I wouldn't be a fan of DP as well. Not only that but to me but some songs on here a true Sabbath classics to me:
    Trashed
    Disturbing The Priest
    Digital Bitch
    Born Again

I love the Born Again album, Zero The Hero is a classic Sabbath song.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

It's one of my favourite albums to go to whenever I feel like listening to something that just doesn't give a ☻.
      Trashed, Zero the Hero, the title track.
      All very different in tone, but such a dark atmosphere in general...and then you have these totally crazy lyrics set against it all.
      "I'll SWALLOW YOUR SOUL!"
      -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Love the album, love the cover art, I see no reason to feel that this album is a guilty pleasure by any means. This album fuckin rules!!! Too bad the Deluxe Version is a piece of shit , this album deserved better.
        Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Born Again? Great, great album! Too bad this lineup was so short lived. It's so underrated, as is this lineup in general. There has been a lot of complaints about the sound and the mix, but I love the thick, robust heaviness of the album. Even if DP didn't reunite shortly thereafter I don't think Ian Gillan would have made another album with Tony and Geezer. Over the years he has expressed how much fun it was, but that it really wasn't his thing. What we the fans did get was a true gem, a kind of Black Sabbath/Deep Purple hybrid album. How cool is that!?!

Comment

I really love the Born Again album, it's all I listened to for the longest, Zero The Hero is one of my all-time favorite songs.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

IMHO, it's the best Sabbath album of any era, muddy original mix notwithstanding. It's pure aural brilliance. Totally overlooked because of no Ozzy/RJD and the silly cover. The tour, which I saw with a rocking Nazareth as the opener was absolute sonic fury.

Comment

Born Again, what a fantastic record. Of the three 1983 albums; Holy Diver, Bark at the Moon, and Born Again, I think BA blows the first two out of the water. Gillan writes differently, but you wonder what Perfect Strangers would have sounded like if is was a Sabbath album. The same goes for Holy Diver, what if Iommi had written the music.
                Robert McAfee

Comment

I think 'Born Again' is a good album BUT I don't consider it a Black Sabbath album. That said, I do like it better than BOTH 'Technical Ecstasy' AND 'Never Say Die' , which, frankly, I also don't consider to be TRUE Black Sabbath albums. I will say that 'Zero The Hero' is easily the best song on there. Overall, 3 out of 5 stars. Great comments everybody. Thanks BSO.

Comment

B A IS A KICK ASS ALBUM. The singers may come and go, but the musical spirit is still all there

Comment

My fav Sab album of all time. Its the most evil sounding Sabbath album since the debut.
                      Gillan's vocals are unmatched. and Tony took it too another level.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellrazor View Post
                        My fav Sab album of all time. Its the most evil sounding Sabbath album since the debut.
                        Gillan's vocals are unmatched. and Tony took it too another level.
                        What else could match Zero The Hero? Awesom song.

Comment

Originally posted by rmdouglas27 View Post
                          Born Again, what a fantastic record. Of the three 1983 albums; Holy Diver, Bark at the Moon, and Born Again, I think BA blows the first two out of the water. Gillan writes differently, but you wonder what Perfect Strangers would have sounded like if is was a Sabbath album. The same goes for Holy Diver, what if Iommi had written the music.
                          Seriously? You think Born Again "blows" Holy Diver "out of the water?" Interesting.

I saw Sabbath on the BA tour in Providence, RI. At the time, I loved the album, and I was glad that Sabbath got a vocalist of Gillan's stature to replace Ronnie. As time has gone on, I try to get into the album about once a year. It never happens. I love Sabbath. I love Gillan's work in Purple. BA just doesn't do it for me.

Holy Diver is as close to Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules as Ronnie got. It is his masterpiece.

Bark at the Moon is a noticeable decline from Blizzard and Diary. But BATM, and No More Tears, are Ozzy's best solo albums without Randy.
                          "But I don't want to go among mad people."
                          "Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
                          "How do you know I'm mad?"
                          "You must be or you wouldn't have come here."

Comment

Originally posted by rmdouglas27 View Post
                            Born Again, what a fantastic record. Of the three 1983 albums; Holy Diver, Bark at the Moon, and Born Again, I think BA blows the first two out of the water.
                            100% agree !! Born Again at the time was Evil , Dark , surprising , I still listening it very often with the same pleasure
                            One of the best Black Sabbath post Ozzy .

Comment

Originally posted by The Rules Mob View Post
                              Bark at the Moon is a noticeable decline from Blizzard and Diary. But BATM, and No More Tears, are Ozzy's best solo albums without Randy.
                              I agree with you on that, "No More Tears", being Ozzy's last good solo album.

Comment

Working...
                              X