Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Ray Gillen sing Black Moon and Some Kind of Woman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Ray Gillen sing Black Moon and Some Kind of Woman?

Some Kind of Woman might fit Ray's voice better IMO
    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
    Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

That's actually an interesting question...but I do thnk that both of those songs were written or atleast completed only after Tony had already joined the band...I however have no certain knowlage of it.

Comment

I don't think so. I always assumed Tony Martin wrote the lyrics to both Black Moon and Some Kind of Woman during the time he re-recorded the vocals for The Eternal Idol album. This was to prove to Iommi that he could write lyrics as opposed to Ray who could not, which is why Iommi hired Bob Daisley to write lyrics while Ray was still with the band.

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
        That's actually an interesting question...but I do thnk that both of those songs were written or atleast completed only after Tony had already joined the band...I however have no certain knowlage of it.
        I'm sure they were only completed after TM joined the band. Early takes of both exist, but they lack vocals.

Originally posted by Dante_Doomsday View Post
        I don't think so. I always assumed Tony Martin wrote the lyrics to both Black Moon and Some Kind of Woman during the time he re-recorded the vocals for The Eternal Idol album. This was to prove to Iommi that he could write lyrics as opposed to Ray who could not, which is why Iommi hired Bob Daisley to write lyrics while Ray was still with the band.
        That's always what I had heard.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
          I'm sure they were only completed after TM joined the band. Early takes of both exist, but they lack vocals.
          That's what I was remembering too.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
            I think I read somewhere that Geoff Nichols layed the bass down for "Black Moon" as well as coming up with the lyrics and "Some Kind Of Woman" has Dave Spitz playing the bass. For the longest time I disliked SKOW because it sounds so unSabbathlike and more like a "Hot For Teacher" bastard child. But over the last week, I've been working on a guitar backing track for SKOW and I've got to say that SKOW really grows on you after a while, The song just absolutely tears you a new one for sure! Massive guitar tone, ripping solo and awesome vocals!!
            We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

Working...
            X