Seventh Star Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seventh Star Documentary

I've done documentaries on the Born Again, Headless Cross, and Forbidden albums. (All still on Youtube). So here is one done on the Seventh Star album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKfU...ature=youtu.be

Glenn Hughes fan page
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKfU...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by EDTRADER; 08-29-2016, 03:40 PM.
    Pain and Poison Roses

"People said it ('Seventh Star') didn't sound like a Black Sabbath album. Because it wasn't a Black Sabbath album."

Tony Iommi (1992)

Thanks for posting 'Ed'

Comment

Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
      "People said it ('Seventh Star') didn't sound like a Black Sabbath album. Because it wasn't a Black Sabbath album."

Tony Iommi (1992)

Thanks for posting 'Ed'

Funny enough I was watching a Black Sabbath documentary last night on YouTube, and Tony said the exact same thing, he even went as far as saying something to the effect of it just coming out as one without his knowledge.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
        he even went as far as saying something to the effect of it just coming out as one without his knowledge.
        Finally , and thank you , this is what the conversation's have been about on these boards for so long with certain members .... Seventh Star was released as a Black Sabbath album , without Iommi's stamp of approval ..... BOOM!!

.... making everything he touches Black Sabbath , something that is forever set in stone ,, thank you Arden , WB for securing the Sabbath legacy instead of destroying it , and thank you Ed for this wonderful conclusive , supporting documentary ..... got to love when this happens.

Sabbath for life

Comment

Tony Iommi (1992)

Thanks for posting 'Ed'

Just goes to show that it doesn't matter WHAT is printed on the cover,
          it still doesn't change reality. If the cover said Led Zeppelin, it wouldn't
          MAKE it Led Zeppelin.
          Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Typhon View Post
            Just goes to show that it doesn't matter WHAT is printed on the cover,
            it still doesn't change reality. If the cover said Led Zeppelin, it wouldn't
            MAKE it Led Zeppelin.
            aww buttercup, still struggling with reality are we \m/

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
              Finally , and thank you , this is what the conversation's have been about on these boards for so long with certain members .... Seventh Star was released as a Black Sabbath album , without Iommi's stamp of approval ..... BOOM!!

.... making everything he touches Black Sabbath , something that is forever set in stone ,, thank you Arden , WB for securing the Sabbath legacy instead of destroying it , and thank you Ed for this wonderful conclusive , supporting documentary ..... got to love when this happens.

Sabbath for life
              'BTE', how do you figure that the album was released as a Sabbath album without Iommi's "stamp of approval"? He GLADLY agreed to it at the time because he wanted the world to know that he was the sole original member left. And no, 'Seventh Star' did not not secure Sabbath's legacy. How can a mere "solo album" do that?

Bottom line, Iommi was in damage control mode over that entire fiasco because he and his handlers tried to pass it off as a "Sabbath" album, and ultimately failed. Embarrassing indeed ()!

If you noticed, the quote I stated of his is from 1992. Inconsistency in the press was one of Iommi's strong suits for YEARS. You as a longtime fan know that all too well. You just don't care to acknowledge it for some reason. To conclude, it's clear that you missed the point entirely behind my post, unfortunately. Thanks for responding. Respect.

Comment

Funny enough I was watching a Black Sabbath documentary last night on YouTube, and Tony said the exact same thing, he even went as far as saying something to the effect of it just coming out as one without his knowledge.
                Respectfully, I don't buy that for a minute 'OID'. He knew EXACTLY what Arden, Warner, and the rest of his handlers were doing. Good to see you chime in ().

Comment

Respectfully, I don't buy that for a minute 'OID'. He knew EXACTLY what Arden, Warner, and the rest of his handlers were doing. Good to see you chime in ().
                  I never bought it either, Sabbath Historian, for the record.
                  Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 08-24-2016, 04:06 AM.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Correction: Tony said Seventh Star was a solo album and that it was released as a Black Sabbath album without his involvement in it coming out as a Black Sabbath album.

I went back and watched the documentary last night and that is what he said, I am not trying to start a disagreement with those that feel this is Sabbath, just reiterating what I saw and heard Tony Ionmi saying in the interview, and respect everyone's feelings regarding Sabbath.

Comment

Correction: Tony said Seventh Star was a solo album and that it was released as a Black Sabbath album without his involvement in it coming out as a Black Sabbath album.
                      Excellent post, some people just don't get the truth OID
                      Doc has been saying this over and over, but you know how slow people are
                      that's why Doc always Thanks Arden and WB for securing the real Sabbath legacy
                      Seventh Star sabbath at there very best \m/

Comment

Correction: Tony said Seventh Star was a solo album
                        That's exactly what I've said from day 1.
                        Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Typhon View Post
                          That's exactly what I've said from day 1.
                          It doesn't negate the fact that they shamefully passed it off as a Black Sabbath album, even though fans like yourself knew better. Keep in mind 'Typhon' that "Black Sabbath" () toured behind a...solo album ()? The 'Seventh Star' debacle is a classic case of damage control courtesy of Iommi ().

Comment

It doesn't negate the fact that they shamefully passed it off as a Black Sabbath album, even though fans like yourself knew better. Keep in mind 'Typhon' that "Black Sabbath" () toured behind a...solo album ()? The 'Seventh Star' debacle is a classic case of damage control courtesy of Iommi ().
                            I think most people understood that when a band goes from <Band Name> to [<Band Name> Featuring <somebody>] that things have...changed. I don't think there's much shamefulness involved. Whether it was The Ray Cole Orchestra Featuring Fred Albert, The Ronettes Featuring Veronica, The Turtles Featuring Flo and Eddie or any number of bands that used that marketing ploy, it never detracted from the music.

Bill Ward should totally roll out a band called The Bad Contracts Featuring Bill Ward.
                            gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

Originally posted by Vynlsol View Post
                              Bill Ward should totally roll out a band called The Bad Contracts Featuring Bill Ward.
                              Ha ha, that'd be cool! Better than Day Of Errors.

IMO, I don't think Tony was trying to deceive anyone, or that he trying to give the middle finger to his original bandmates. But I do think Tony lacked the confidence and the proper value of the Sabbath name to tell Arden and Warners to shove it. back in 1986, Tony and Sabbath were regarded by most people (and even a lot of so called fans), as being a washed up entity that was no longer relevant. Tony probably figured that he had to what he had to do to carry on.
                              Last edited by Axe fiend; 08-24-2016, 06:39 PM.
                              We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X