Ozzy/Sharon's involvement in BA album and tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzy/Sharon's involvement in BA album and tour

This is taken from a comment on Blabbermouth in the news item about Ozzy and Sharon reportedly renewing their wedding vows:

Ian Gillan told me about 10 years back in no uncertain terms how most people "can't stand her" (Sharon O.) and something along the lines of how Ozzy (and Sharon by association) walked away with a few million from the Born Again album and tour, an album they had nothing to do with and of which Ozzy has never sung one song from. Sharon has reaped money from every Sabbath release and tour in some form or fashion (even the lowly Forbidden) yet refuses to acknowledge Sabbath history from 1979-1997 and pretty much removes it on the official site or any place she feels fit.

I don't think I've previously read about any of the above. How could Ozzy (and Sharon) walk away with a few million from the BA album and tour? Does it have something to do with Don Arden (Sharon's father) having been Sabbath's Manager at the time? And what about Sharon having reaped money from every Sabbath release and tour and removing Sabbath history from 1979-1997 on the official site?

Ted
    Last edited by Ted Sallis; 12-13-2016, 11:10 AM.

As much as I would love to demonize $haron more, a Blabbermouth commentator isn't exactly the most reliable source, so I'd take this with a grain of salt (the size of Mount Everest)
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
      ...I'd take this with a grain of salt (the size of Mount Everest)
      When you state a grain of salt (the size of Mount Everest), I'm not 100% sure you mean it shouldn't be taken seriously at all. Of course it does seem pretty preposterous to me but then so does so many other things Sharon (and Ozzy) have done.

Ted

Comment

There would have to be some record of this somewhere, if it were true.
        Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

They would have had to have rights to the Black Sabbath name back then and throughout.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Yeah I don't really buy into this either.

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt she would have if she could have but it would have come out by now.

If anything, I'll bet it worked the other way around- people buying Black Sabbath albums thinking they were going to have Ozzy on them!

That's coincidentally how I got my first non Ozzy Sabbath album (Cross Purposes)...a friend of mine bought it and was disgusted to find Ozzy wasn't singing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
              If anything, I'll bet it worked the other way around- people buying Black Sabbath albums thinking they were going to have Ozzy on them!

That's coincidentally how I got my first non Ozzy Sabbath album (Cross Purposes)...a friend of mine bought it and was disgusted to find Ozzy wasn't singing.
              Yes, Ozzy/Sharon having any involvement in Sabbath during the BA era seems bogus.

Wheels Of Confusion, that's a shame your friend had that happen. Too bad it wasn't a Sabbath album with Dio or Born Again.

Ted

Comment

Read a little more, and Don Arden, the band's manager, hated Ozzy for marrying his daughter. He was also the guy that flubbed the dimensions on the Stonehenge props...

Comment

Working...
                X