Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

That time Tony Iommi told me that a 2nd Sabbath album with Ian Gillan would be better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its not sabbath

I get that the sab fanaticism is strong and its not a knock on its quality but having two Sabbath members does not make something a sabbath album.
    Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
      its not sabbath

I get that the sab fanaticism is strong and its not a knock on its quality but having two Sabbath members does not make something a sabbath album.
      Buffalo Bill, you're a Black Sabbath is only Black Sabbath with Ozzy, guy?
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

No, Im just a "its Black Sabbath if it was intended to be released as Black Sabbath" kinda guy. I dont consider Fused to be Sabbath, I dont consider TDYK Sabbath, I don't consider any of Wards albums Black Sabbath. I can't even in good conscience call Seventh Star Sabbath, even though it was released as such it wasn't intended to be, it was intended to be a solo album. Again; not a knock on their quality.

Same way I don't consider this Black Sabbath. If it was meant to be Sabbath theyd have released it as such

The virtue of having a couple Sabbath members does not inherently make something Black Sabbath

This is coming from someone who lists Born Again and Heaven and Hell among his favorite Sabbath albums.
        Last edited by Buffalo Bill Scruggs; 11-17-2019, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
          No, Im just a "its Black Sabbath if it was intended to be released as Black Sabbath" kinda guy. I dont consider Fused to be Sabbath, I dont consider TDYK Sabbath, I don't consider any of Wards albums Black Sabbath. I can't even in good conscience call Seventh Star Sabbath, even though it was released as such it wasn't intended to be, it was intended to be a solo album. Again; not a knock on their quality.

Same way I don't consider this Black Sabbath. If it was meant to be Sabbath theyd have released it as such

The virtue of having a couple Sabbath members does not inherently make something Black Sabbath

This is coming from someone who lists Born Again and Heaven and Hell among his favorite Sabbath albums.

I see, I thought we were talking Born Again, sorry, this is about Who Cares
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Who cares is Sabbath

Comment

Originally posted by ronn View Post
              Who cares is Sabbath
              Valuable input. Very well-reasoned argument.

Jokes aside, no its actually not lmao.

You obviously feel like it is, but the facts don't agree with you, and facts dont care about your feelings

Comment

Originally posted by ronn View Post
                Who cares is Sabbath
                100% my good brother ,, 100% ,, and tremendous Sabbath as well !!

Comment

Who Cares , good stuff .... http://somvalvulado.blogspot.com/201...iommi.html?m=1

Also got a kick out of this 7th Star read .... https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2019...-seventh-star/

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                    Who Cares , good stuff .... http://somvalvulado.blogspot.com/201...iommi.html?m=1

Also got a kick out of this 7th Star read .... https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2019...-seventh-star/
                    Having recently listened to 7th Star for the first time...I appreciate that read as well!
                    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
                    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Comment

Working...
                    X