Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

That time Tony Iommi told me that a 2nd Sabbath album with Ian Gillan would be better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70sOzzyBlackSabbath!
    replied
    Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Who Cares , good stuff .... http://somvalvulado.blogspot.com/201...iommi.html?m=1

Also got a kick out of this 7th Star read .... https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2019...-seventh-star/
    Having recently listened to 7th Star for the first time...I appreciate that read as well!

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    Who Cares , good stuff .... http://somvalvulado.blogspot.com/201...iommi.html?m=1

Also got a kick out of this 7th Star read .... https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2019...-seventh-star/

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    Originally posted by ronn View Post
    Who cares is Sabbath
    100% my good brother ,, 100% ,, and tremendous Sabbath as well !!

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo Bill Scruggs
    replied
    Originally posted by ronn View Post
    Who cares is Sabbath
    Valuable input. Very well-reasoned argument.

Jokes aside, no its actually not lmao.

You obviously feel like it is, but the facts don't agree with you, and facts dont care about your feelings

Leave a comment:

• ronn
    replied
    Who cares is Sabbath

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
    No, Im just a "its Black Sabbath if it was intended to be released as Black Sabbath" kinda guy. I dont consider Fused to be Sabbath, I dont consider TDYK Sabbath, I don't consider any of Wards albums Black Sabbath. I can't even in good conscience call Seventh Star Sabbath, even though it was released as such it wasn't intended to be, it was intended to be a solo album. Again; not a knock on their quality.

Same way I don't consider this Black Sabbath. If it was meant to be Sabbath theyd have released it as such

The virtue of having a couple Sabbath members does not inherently make something Black Sabbath

This is coming from someone who lists Born Again and Heaven and Hell among his favorite Sabbath albums.

I see, I thought we were talking Born Again, sorry, this is about Who Cares

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo Bill Scruggs
    replied
    No, Im just a "its Black Sabbath if it was intended to be released as Black Sabbath" kinda guy. I dont consider Fused to be Sabbath, I dont consider TDYK Sabbath, I don't consider any of Wards albums Black Sabbath. I can't even in good conscience call Seventh Star Sabbath, even though it was released as such it wasn't intended to be, it was intended to be a solo album. Again; not a knock on their quality.

Same way I don't consider this Black Sabbath. If it was meant to be Sabbath theyd have released it as such

The virtue of having a couple Sabbath members does not inherently make something Black Sabbath

This is coming from someone who lists Born Again and Heaven and Hell among his favorite Sabbath albums.
    Last edited by Buffalo Bill Scruggs; 11-17-2019, 10:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
    its not sabbath

I get that the sab fanaticism is strong and its not a knock on its quality but having two Sabbath members does not make something a sabbath album.
    Buffalo Bill, you're a Black Sabbath is only Black Sabbath with Ozzy, guy?

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo Bill Scruggs
    replied
    its not sabbath

I get that the sab fanaticism is strong and its not a knock on its quality but having two Sabbath members does not make something a sabbath album.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! View Post
    Listened to Out of My Mind, it's pretty neat! Although Holy Water didn't have the same impression on me Out of My Mind did, I still appreciate that very Iommi-sounding solo in it
    Out Of My Mind is an excellent track!

Leave a comment:

• 70sOzzyBlackSabbath!
    replied
    Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Sabbath's 27th Studio release ,, 2 track EP is what matters in the world of Sab .... "Out Of My Mind" - One of the very best tracks ever written ,,,, "Holy Water" - Excellent track !!
    Listened to Out of My Mind, it's pretty neat! Although Holy Water didn't have the same impression on me Out of My Mind did, I still appreciate that very Iommi-sounding solo in it

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    Originally posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! View Post
    Never heard about WhoCares until this thread!

I may listen to some songs from it when I get the chance
    Sabbath's 27th Studio release ,, 2 track EP is what matters in the world of Sab .... "Out Of My Mind" - One of the very best tracks ever written ,,,, "Holy Water" - Excellent track !!

Leave a comment:

• 70sOzzyBlackSabbath!
    replied
    Never heard about WhoCares until this thread!

I may listen to some songs from it when I get the chance

Leave a comment:

• DiosSword
    replied
    I thought the production - dark and murky - was one thing that made it sound so heavy.

I was 17 when the album came out and I "treated" my parents to regular spins of it, leading my late stepfather to give me his famous "TURN THAT SHIT DOWN!"

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by DiosSword View Post
    I still like the album very much, and sod those who bitch about the production.
    I also like the album, a lot, it gets regular spins from time to time, the production has never bothered me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X