Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That time Tony Iommi told me that a 2nd Sabbath album with Ian Gillan would be better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

Great story OID!

Ozzy Chevy , Again you are preaching the Sabbath life blood! Great stuff
    Thanks Doc, memories is what makes something special, back in my younger days when when things weren't always so great I always had Sabbath, and to this day I still do.

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

Headless Cross is special to me in my heart, even though I wasn't a Martin fan at that time the album was released or a fan of any other Martin albums, this one stood out, I remember when it was being released it was being advertised as a return to Sabbath, I bought the LP and cassette which I still have, when I heard the title track I was like wow, Sabbath is back, but then the other songs didn't catch on so well, I was going through a rough period and buying this album and seeing the video on Headbangers Ball, kind of relieved some of those bad times.

Eventually I grew to love the entire album, Nightwing, Devil & Daughter, When Death Calls, Kill In The Spirit World, Black Moon, Cloak and Dagger, Call Of The Wild, all of It!
    Great story OID!

Ozzy Chevy , Again you are preaching the Sabbath life blood! Great stuff

Leave a comment:

• Ozzy Chevy
    replied
    I liked Trashed as it appeared on Gillan's Inn. The topic of Iommi and Gillan working together reminded me.

Leave a comment:

• revbob
    replied
    I thought there was some potential with Iommi and Gillan too bad it ended so quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Ozzy Chevy
    replied
    And yeah, Metal can get you through some rough times.

Leave a comment:

• Ozzy Chevy
    replied
    I found my copy a couple of years ago at a used bookstore in Manassas, VA. I'd been looking for it for a bit. The case said it was part of a "Classic Rock Series," so it must have been a reissue. I don't buy things online, so if I can't find them in stores I don't get them.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Ozzy Chevy View Post
    By the way Eden, I love Headless Cross, Tony Martin kicked ass on it.
    Headless Cross is special to me in my heart, even though I wasn't a Martin fan at that time the album was released or a fan of any other Martin albums, this one stood out, I remember when it was being released it was being advertised as a return to Sabbath, I bought the LP and cassette which I still have, when I heard the title track I was like wow, Sabbath is back, but then the other songs didn't catch on so well, I was going through a rough period and buying this album and seeing the video on Headbangers Ball, kind of relieved some of those bad times.

Eventually I grew to love the entire album, Nightwing, Devil & Daughter, When Death Calls, Kill In The Spirit World, Black Moon, Cloak and Dagger, Call Of The Wild, all of It!

Leave a comment:

• Ozzy Chevy
    replied
    By the way Eden, I love Headless Cross, Tony Martin kicked ass on it.

Leave a comment:

• Ozzy Chevy
    replied
    Right, I also need to check out Eighth Star.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

All 13 tracks from Fused Are absolutely impeccable .... Fused Is the third or seventh top Black Sabbath release of all time ....

1a) Sabatoge

1b) Dehumanizer

1c) IOMMI

1d) Headless Cross

1e) MOR

6) Born Again

7) Fused!!!

DEP along with 8th Star provides the most acute listening experience for the true Black Sabbath aficionado.

Seventh Star is the fourth most important Black Sabbath Album ever released .... Along with amazing material!
    Doc I’m going to make it a point to listen to Fused again, it’s been awhile. Eighth Star I have, you gave it to me, will listen to that too.

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    I need to check out Fused next.
    All 13 tracks from Fused Are absolutely impeccable .... Fused Is the third or seventh top Black Sabbath release of all time ....

1a) Sabatoge

1b) Dehumanizer

1c) IOMMI

1d) Headless Cross

1e) MOR

6) Born Again

7) Fused!!!

I know this is off topic, but I heard the '96 DEP Sessions and they rule.
    DEP along with 8th Star provides the most acute listening experience for the true Black Sabbath aficionado.

Good to see people discovering 7th Star.
    Seventh Star is the fourth most important Black Sabbath Album ever released .... Along with amazing material!

Leave a comment:

• Ozzy Chevy
    replied
    I need to check out Fused next.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Yes I like the DEP session also, I meant anything outside of Sabbath or Iommi.

Leave a comment:

• Ozzy Chevy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Good to see people discovering 7th Star.
    Great album and the only Hughes album I like.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X