1.Disturbing the priest
    2.Trashed
    3.Zero the hero
    4.Born again
    5.Digital bitch
    6.Keep it warm
    7.Hot line
    8.Stonehenge
    Last edited by Kennyz; 05-06-2020, 01:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• A Sabbath Historian
    replied
    Originally posted by tsimisde View Post
    3/5 for me. The second side, really falls flat in terms of songwriting, with the exception of the title track. While Side A is kicking butt, the second is just meh....
    Agreed. Side one buries side two.

Leave a comment:

• tsimisde
    replied
    3/5 for me. The second side, really falls flat in terms of songwriting, with the exception of the title track. While Side A is kicking butt, the second is just meh....

Leave a comment:

• A Sabbath Historian
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Born Again gets 5 1/2 stars out 5, the greatest post Ozzy/Sabbath album of ‘em all!!!
    Interesting. Didn't realize you loved it that much.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Born Again gets 5 1/2 stars out 5, the greatest post Ozzy/Sabbath album of ‘em all!!!

Leave a comment:

• A Sabbath Historian
    replied
    I give Born Again three (out of five) stars. Solid, but not great.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Cricket
    replied
    the album tour and band that inspired Spinal Tap... cheezy over the top tacky the cartoon version of Sabbath

Leave a comment:

• tsimisde
    replied
    Born Again, is the first Black Sabbath album i heard because i am a Deep Purple and Ian Gillan fan. I like this album very much. It isnt a Black Sabbath album 100% in terms of music style but i like it. I think the blend of Iommi's riffs, Geezer's basslines, Bill's drumming and Gillan's performances, is excellent.

Trashed: Excellent opener, uptempo, full of energy, pretty much like the openers from previous Sabbath albums like Never Say Die, Neon Knights etc.
    Stonehenge: A great prelude to the next song. Hear it on a HI-FI system. You will be pleased from the created atmosphere.
    Disturbing the priest: WHAT A SONG! I heard everything from Deep Purple's discography. I never heard Gillan so maniac and sinister when performing a song. His screaming and evil laughing, gets me everytime i hear this song. For me, tops the list with Sabbath's scariest, evilest and sinister songs.
    The Dark: Another scary but atmospheric prelude. I like the way the next song does Fade In
    Zero the Hero: An arena Rock song i would say with Tony's riff being hypnotic, addicting and haunting. Great song.
    Digital Bitch: The only song in this album that i don't like at all. A filler track and when im hearing the album, i skip it.
    Born Again: If not my favorite, definetely one of my favorites from this album. I like the bluesy feel and the whole atmosphere that this song gives you, Gillan's performance and screaming and most of all, Iommi's outro solo. This solo, embodies the whole song's mood in seconds. Short solo but so emotional and spot on that I would like to hear an extended version of it. The riff is repetitive but i don't know how this is happening, it doesn't bore you. EXCELLENT song from start to finish.
    Hot Line: A good high-octane song but nothing special.
    Keep It Warm: Upfeel song but nothing special either. In the guitar solo, i think that we have a Ritchie Blackmore guitar solo emulation. This solo, reminds me so much of Ritchie Blackmore in terms of style and phrasing.

Born Again, is a good album but my rating is 8/10. The reason? Digital bitch, Hot line, Keep it warm are average and mediocre songs comparing to the other songs in this album. Plain filler tracks. The other problem, is the muddy production. When i first heard the album, Tony's guitar solos, were a torture to hear. A torture equal scratching your nails on a blackboard. As Gillan described the mix, he said that it is like hearing the whole mix with the monitors covered with blanket. I agree 100% with this comment. In Deluxe Edition, the Master mix's overall volume, is lowered so you can hear the album in higher volume without disturbing you. So if you want to hear this album, choose the Deluxe edition

Leave a comment:

• Bugman
    replied
    This album is so Spinal Tap it that is an 11

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    10/10 love this album.

Leave a comment:

• murshidm
    replied
    Re: BORN AGAIN RANKING!!!!!!!!

9/10 have it all..some gloomy,slow songs (born again,keep it warm) & some rocking fact paced songs(hotline,digital bitch etcc) & a exceptionally good track Zero the Hero which maid into the best of sabbath album. so pretty good stuff from ian's stint at sabbath.

Leave a comment:

• Hell_Awaits
    replied

yeah the coloring does make it look a litte cheesy. mabe if it had a black background.

Leave a comment:

• Freddy the O
    replied

I personally think it's a bit too cheesy to work properly, especially if you can't stop thinking about the midget-story! They could easily have created a better cover using the same theme, I think...

Leave a comment:

• Hell_Awaits
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    Trashed - 5/5 (Awesome song!)
    Stonehenge - 3/5 (A nice showcase for Geoff. I prefer the uncut demo version for casual listening, though)
    Disturbing The Prist - 5/5 (Holy shit! Gillan sounds like he's possessed by the devil here!)
    The Dark - 2/5 (Pretty close to 1/5, actually. But, hey, it's Geezer!)
    Zero The Hero - 5/5 (My favourite song on this album and one of my favourite Sabbath songs period. It's a shame it hasn't been played since the Born Again-tour)
    Digital Bitch - 5/5 (Highway Star on steroids! Everybody's playing great here)
    Born Again - 4/5 (Didn't like it that much at first, but it's grown on me. I prefer the demo version for the extra guitar textures, though)
    Hot Line - 4/5 (I really dig the riff! I'll ignore the fact that Iommi pretty much copied it note-for-note on what ended up as TM's Raising Hell)
    Keep It Warm - 5/5 (Another one that has grown on me. I like the lyrics)

All in all, the whole album gets 9/10 from me. The cover is absolutely tasteless and the production is a mess. Apart from that, this is one of my favourite albums!

[/ QUOTE ]

The cover is great its a baby devil on an ablum called born again by a band called black sabbath. its perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Freddy the O
    replied

Trashed - 5/5 (Awesome song!)
    Stonehenge - 3/5 (A nice showcase for Geoff. I prefer the uncut demo version for casual listening, though)
    Disturbing The Prist - 5/5 (Holy shit! Gillan sounds like he's possessed by the devil here!)
    The Dark - 2/5 (Pretty close to 1/5, actually. But, hey, it's Geezer!)
    Zero The Hero - 5/5 (My favourite song on this album and one of my favourite Sabbath songs period. It's a shame it hasn't been played since the Born Again-tour)
    Digital Bitch - 5/5 (Highway Star on steroids! Everybody's playing great here)
    Born Again - 4/5 (Didn't like it that much at first, but it's grown on me. I prefer the demo version for the extra guitar textures, though)
    Hot Line - 4/5 (I really dig the riff! I'll ignore the fact that Iommi pretty much copied it note-for-note on what ended up as TM's Raising Hell)
    Keep It Warm - 5/5 (Another one that has grown on me. I like the lyrics)

All in all, the whole album gets 9/10 from me. The cover is absolutely tasteless and the production is a mess. Apart from that, this is one of my favourite albums!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X