6 - Jeff Fenholt
    7 - Glenn Hughes
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thatís for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Re: Why the SEVENTH Star

At that time Glenn wasnt in "Sabbath", so the vocalist thing doesnt really work. Plus I dont even know how you could include Fenholt.

Maybe ask the man himself for Ask Tony 5.

Comment

At that time Glenn wasnt in "Sabbath", so the vocalist thing doesnt really work. Plus I dont even know how you could include Fenholt.

Maybe ask the man himself for Ask Tony 5.

Comment

well without Fenholt Glenn would be sixth
        How Good It Feels
        And thatís for real"

Comment

well without Fenholt Glenn would be sixth
          How Good It Feels
          And thatís for real"

Comment

Maybe just because 7 is alleged to be a magic number (7 is the sum of 4 and 3, 4 being the number of the universe and 3 the number of the Holy Trinity). You find the number 7 in many legends and expressions, like the 7 gates of Hell, the 7 plagues of Egypt (the magnificent 7... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). So when he had to find something that sounded mysterious for the song, I guess Tony thought of the "Seventh Star".

Plus, it's really weird but when people are ask to give a number between 0 and 10 at random, most of the time they say 7.
            Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
            "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Maybe just because 7 is alleged to be a magic number (7 is the sum of 4 and 3, 4 being the number of the universe and 3 the number of the Holy Trinity). You find the number 7 in many legends and expressions, like the 7 gates of Hell, the 7 plagues of Egypt (the magnificent 7... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). So when he had to find something that sounded mysterious for the song, I guess Tony thought of the "Seventh Star".

Plus, it's really weird but when people are ask to give a number between 0 and 10 at random, most of the time they say 7.
              Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude... how do you know this??
                Can't you see what I see
                You and I victims of Their word
                As the master of power
                Try to poison our world
                ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't you see what I see
                  You and I victims of Their word
                  As the master of power
                  Try to poison our world
                  ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. School, reading...

Here's another one for you : Have you ever wondered why the "number of the beast" is 666 ? Well, as I said, the 7 is seen as some kind of perfect number as it is the sum of 3 for the Holy Trinity and 4 which is the universe. So "6" is "7 minus 1", meaning it's "unperfect".

And when you repeat a thing three times, it's a way to affirm it and make it a whole, bring it to completion (like St John who had to swear three times that he refused Christ as his saviour before the sun rose).

This gives the 666 a meaning of completion in imperfection, meaning the person bearing this number as his sigil realises himself by not being perfect = being unlike God = the Devil.

It's always interesting to see how the meaning of numbers influenced religion.

Comment

i dont know. until we hear the reason from Tony, I'd say we go with one of Gardener's reasons...wow...
                      -rar

Comment

i dont know. until we hear the reason from Tony, I'd say we go with one of Gardener's reasons...wow...
                        -rar

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Gardener, I'm impressed. All I can say is WOW.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Gardener, I'm impressed. All I can say is WOW.

Comment

Awesome analysis there Gardener.

Comment

Working...
                              X