replied
    Re: Why the SEVENTH Star

Awesome analysis there Gardener.

Leave a comment:

• bruce190
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    i dont know. until we hear the reason from Tony, I'd say we go with one of Gardener's reasons...wow...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Gardener, I'm impressed. All I can say is WOW.

Leave a comment:

• bruce190
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    i dont know. until we hear the reason from Tony, I'd say we go with one of Gardener's reasons...wow...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Gardener, I'm impressed. All I can say is WOW.

Leave a comment:

• rar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gardener
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Maybe just because 7 is alleged to be a magic number (7 is the sum of 4 and 3, 4 being the number of the universe and 3 the number of the Holy Trinity). You find the number 7 in many legends and expressions, like the 7 gates of Hell, the 7 plagues of Egypt (the magnificent 7... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). So when he had to find something that sounded mysterious for the song, I guess Tony thought of the "Seventh Star".

Plus, it's really weird but when people are ask to give a number between 0 and 10 at random, most of the time they say 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude... how do you know this??

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. School, reading...

Here's another one for you : Have you ever wondered why the "number of the beast" is 666 ? Well, as I said, the 7 is seen as some kind of perfect number as it is the sum of 3 for the Holy Trinity and 4 which is the universe. So "6" is "7 minus 1", meaning it's "unperfect".

And when you repeat a thing three times, it's a way to affirm it and make it a whole, bring it to completion (like St John who had to swear three times that he refused Christ as his saviour before the sun rose).

This gives the 666 a meaning of completion in imperfection, meaning the person bearing this number as his sigil realises himself by not being perfect = being unlike God = the Devil.

It's always interesting to see how the meaning of numbers influenced religion.

Leave a comment:

• Ray Rules
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe just because 7 is alleged to be a magic number (7 is the sum of 4 and 3, 4 being the number of the universe and 3 the number of the Holy Trinity). You find the number 7 in many legends and expressions, like the 7 gates of Hell, the 7 plagues of Egypt (the magnificent 7... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). So when he had to find something that sounded mysterious for the song, I guess Tony thought of the "Seventh Star".

Plus, it's really weird but when people are ask to give a number between 0 and 10 at random, most of the time they say 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave a comment:

• Ray Rules
    replied

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave a comment:

• Gardener
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gardener
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Psycho Man
    replied

well without Fenholt Glenn would be sixth

Leave a comment:

• Psycho Man
    replied

well without Fenholt Glenn would be sixth

Leave a comment:

• Petoria000
    replied

At that time Glenn wasnt in "Sabbath", so the vocalist thing doesnt really work. Plus I dont even know how you could include Fenholt.

Maybe ask the man himself for Ask Tony 5.

Leave a comment:

• Petoria000
    replied

At that time Glenn wasnt in "Sabbath", so the vocalist thing doesnt really work. Plus I dont even know how you could include Fenholt.

Maybe ask the man himself for Ask Tony 5.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X