Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which era or eras of Black Sabbath are you currently into?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which era or eras of Black Sabbath are you currently into?

So a while ago, I got an unofficial box set containing all of the eras of Black Sabbath within it. I became acquainted with all the Sabbath eras because of it. I'm currently into the Seventh Star album...I dig the vibe of it and Glenn Hughes' singing on it. I feel like there isn't a single bad song on it. Danger Zone, Angry Heart, Heart Like a Wheel, In Memory (basically the whole B side of it) are some of my favorites from it. What about you, BSO? Which era/eras of Black Sabbath are you currently into?
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Originally posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbath! View Post
    So a while ago, I got an unofficial box set containing all of the eras of Black Sabbath within it. I became acquainted with all the Sabbath eras because of it. I'm currently into the Seventh Star album...I dig the vibe of it and Glenn Hughes' singing on it. I feel like there isn't a single bad song on it. Danger Zone, Angry Heart, Heart Like a Wheel, In Memory (basically the whole B side of it) are some of my favorites from it. What about you, BSO? Which era/eras of Black Sabbath are you currently into?
    Same era as you!! Get your hands on FUSED , DEP and 8TH STAR (totally a different album in every way from DEP) ..... These 3 albums along with the impeccable 9 track 7TH STAR release , make up a 4 disc Sabbath era listening experience 2nd to none .... Glenn Hughes is bar none the most sensational vocalist from this era of time still singing today.

Enjoy buddy!

Comment

Thanks for the info, Doc! It's great to know there's more Iommi/Hughes material out there! I'll see what I can do regarding acquiring/listening to them!

Comment

I'm into all the eras, but Ozzy being my number one preference of the bands long history.

Seventh Star is a great album, like you said not one bad song on there, I have Doctor John Sabbath MD & PhD Sabbathology, to thank for getting me into Sabbath post the Ian era of Sabbath, a lot of great stuff in the other eras, it's all good stuff, keep enjoying 70's!!!!!

"Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

I'm into all the eras, but Ozzy being my number one preference of the bands long history.

Seventh Star is a great album, like you said not one bad song on there, I have Doctor John Sabbath MD & PhD Sabbathology, to thank for getting me into Sabbath post the Ian era of Sabbath, a lot of great stuff in the other eras, it's all good stuff, keep enjoying 70's!!!!!
          Thanks! Yea I think all the eras have something from them to enjoy. My heart will always be with Ozzy era Sabbath, it's really hard to top the classic lineup of Osbourne, Iommi, Butler, and Ward. But it's pretty interesting to hear what the other incarnations of Sabbath had to offer as well.

Comment

I'm really in a Forbidden mood lately. Much of the songs on there resonate with me lately. Earlier today asides from listening to several Forbidden songs, I listened to most of the demos of Forbidden. They're really raw! I'm happy with how they turned out in the final, yet hearing the demos was a unique experience as well.

Comment

I'm really in a Forbidden mood lately. Much of the songs on there resonate with me lately. Earlier today asides from listening to several Forbidden songs, I listened to most of the demos of Forbidden. They're really raw! I'm happy with how they turned out in the final, yet hearing the demos was a unique experience as well.
              Forbidden can be put up against any album by any band and win \m/

Comment

Originally posted by ronn View Post

Forbidden can be put up against any album by any band and win \m/
                Indeed! \m/

Comment

Great to see so much love for Forbidden, excellent album.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Generally speaking, i'm into everything after Ozzy's departure from the band with the exception of Technical Ecstasy so, Dio era, Gillan era and Martin era are regular visitors in my playlists....

Comment

Originally posted by tsimisde View Post
                      Generally speaking, i'm into everything after Ozzy's departure from the band with the exception of Technical Ecstasy so, Dio era, Gillan era and Martin era are regular visitors in my playlists....
                      TE is a fantastic album!! WHAT ABOUT THE HUGHES ERA ?? .... Absolutely brilliant , all 5 albums!! 7TH STAR , 8TH STAR , IOMMI (yes , thows who know me , know why it falls here) , DEP and the 7th most spectacular release in the history of our fine planet - FUSED !!

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

TE is a fantastic album!! WHAT ABOUT THE HUGHES ERA ?? .... Absolutely brilliant , all 5 albums!! 7TH STAR , 8TH STAR , IOMMI (yes , thows who know me , know why it falls here) , DEP and the 7th most spectacular release in the history of our fine planet - FUSED !!
                        To be honest, I didn't get in touch with Hughes era yet, except the Seventh Star of course. But, considering everything with Hughes handling the vocal duties, i have plenty of stuff to hear....

Comment

I think Dehumanizer has potential to grow on me. Letters from Earth and Master of Insanity are growing on me at the moment, time will tell if they'll become regulars in my music listens.

Comment

I think Dehumanizer has potential to grow on me. Letters from Earth and Master of Insanity are growing on me at the moment, time will tell if they'll become regulars in my music listens.
                            Listen to Too Late, I’m sure that’ll grown on you as well, it’s a great song, and I as well.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

Listen to Too Late, I’m sure that’ll grown on you as well, it’s a great song, and I as well.
                              Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try listening to them!

Comment

Working...
                              X