Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which era or eras of Black Sabbath are you currently into?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Lately I've been focused on the original Black Sabbath! Osbourne, Iommi, Butler, Ward. I still listen to other eras of Sabbath but the four mentioned previously to me will always be Black Sabbath, plain and simple.
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbath! View Post
      Lately I've been focused on the original Black Sabbath! Osbourne, Iommi, Butler, Ward. I still listen to other eras of Sabbath but the four mentioned previously to me will always be Black Sabbath, plain and simple.
      Amen brother! Same as me, hope you’ve been well 70’s!

      I like all eras but love the original Sab Four, they hold a special place in my heart.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbath! View Post
        Lately I've been focused on the original Black Sabbath! Osbourne, Iommi, Butler, Ward. I still listen to other eras of Sabbath but the four mentioned previously to me will always be Black Sabbath, plain and simple.
        That’s funny I always considered the first eight albums to be an extension of the band “Earth” , I was surprised they put the name Black Sabbath on the cover , but again you can’t change what is. I always saw the first 2 Dio albums and the Gillan album as a bridge to what they would become, I guess the record company just decided to keep the name on the cover for monetary purposes.

        And of course, what they became , Was the one and only true Black Sabbath from “7th Star” through “13” , with all five era’s being represented , for the one and only Sabbath had finally found their signature sound .... the sound of TRUE Greatness!

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

          That’s funny I always considered the first eight albums to be an extension of the band “Earth” , I was surprised they put the name Black Sabbath on the cover , but again you can’t change what is. I always saw the first 2 Dio albums and the Gillan album as a bridge to what they would become, I guess the record company just decided to keep the name on the cover for monetary purposes.

          And of course, what they became , Was the one and only true Black Sabbath from “7th Star” through “13” , with all five era’s being represented , for the one and only Sabbath had finally found their signature sound .... the sound of TRUE Greatness!
          Love the Earth band extension comment Doc, absolutely genius!
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

          Comment


          • #65
            I generally only listen up to Sabotage. And I completely gave up after 7th Star

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by revbob View Post
              I generally only listen up to Sabotage. And I completely gave up after 7th Star
              That's close to my preferences - I dismiss 7th Star but I highly regard Dehumanizer. I have mixed feelings about what I've heard from both The Devil You Know and 13.

              Ted
              Black Sabbath cannot exist without these Individuals in the lineup: Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Ozzy Osbourne or Ronnie James Dio or Ian Gillan.

              Comment


              • #67
                I'm into the Martin era right now, but I could crave any era and put a CD on based on a song popping into my head.

                Comment


                • #68
                  No particular era I'm craving as of this post. I'm grateful for any Sabbath I listen to these days. At the moment I'm listening to Kiss of Death, took a while for this beast of a song to grow on me, but when it did, there's no going back! This is no ordinary soul that you're destroying, just another soul that drifts along the sands of time!
                  ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
                  and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    The best era and my favorite era the Ozzy era, is what I’ve been listening to lately.
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      I'm into the Martin era right now, but I'm getting into the '80's Swedish Metal band 220 V.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Ozzy Chevy View Post
                        I'm into the Martin era right now, but I could crave any era and put a CD on based on a song popping into my head.
                        Perfect post that’s what Sabbath is all about ,, perfection in all five era’s!!

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbath! View Post
                          No particular era I'm craving as of this post. I'm grateful for any Sabbath I listen to these days. At the moment I'm listening to Kiss of Death, took a while for this beast of a song to grow on me, but when it did, there's no going back! This is no ordinary soul that you're destroying, just another soul that drifts along the sands of time!
                          Great post 70s!

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

                            Great post 70s!
                            Thanks Doc!

                            The next item on my Sabbath menu is the Sabotage Super Deluxe 4CD set, which should be out soon enough!
                            ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
                            and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              I love Sabotage.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Sabotage is a masterpiece.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X