The Seventh Star Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Seventh Star Thread

Seventh Star is one of my favorite Black Sabbath albums (probably more so than Born Again)
    for those who don't know (shame on you!), The Seventh Star line up consisted of
    Glenn Hughes-vocals
    Tony Iommi-guitar
    Dave Spitz-bass
    Eric Singer-drums
    Geoff Nicholls-keyboards
    This marked the first album without Geezer or Bill and the first to reconise Geoff as an offical member and let him on stage as a normal member. This marks a good time in Sabbath history to me, where as some think it's the low!
    I've heard Turn to Glenn and although Glenn is less than kick ass (a lot less) he's still better than Ian Gillan today!
    Anyone else LOVE this album?

Re: The Official Seventh Star Thread

This was the last Sabbath album I have aquired in my great search for the cds. It was an import from Best Buy, and I really felt lucky to grab such a great album. Before this I got my hands on Dep Sessions 96 at a Wal-Mart (Of all places!), and I always wondered what Seventh Star sounded like. I really like the bluesy edge they had on it, Heart Like A Wheel is fantastic. Not a single miss on the album either.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Yes, it was a wonderful album, so underrated-I love it to bits!

Comment

The album is great, Every track is good. But it is definatly the product of the lowest point in Sab history. It was the wrong product at the wrong time and marketed very poorly. When I bought it on release, I was very dissapointed, it has grown on me over the years and always seems to get better, I now think it is timeless .

Comment

First time I heard Hughes I hated him, then I heard In for the Kill and was a fan forever!!!
          I never thought it was a low point in the Sab's carrer-1997 was!

Comment

I love Seventh Star.
            The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Seventh Star is one of my favorite albums, EVER. Hughes and Iommi make an amazing team. Combine that with the enthusiastic rhythm section of Spitz/Singer, and the tasteful keyboards of Geoff Nicholls, you have a killer album.

The last line Hughes sings on "In For The Kill" gives me goosebumps every time.

Comment

That's what made me a Hughes fan!
                I don't know why so many won't even mention that album! You never hear anybody talk about it! It's sad-Glenn did so well (not on the tour but it wasn't his fault-some ass hole punched him the throat!) but we got Ray Gillen and he was great too!

Comment

Kind of difficult to dislike an album that has astonishing tracks like "Danger Zone", "Turn to Stone", "Seventh Star", "Angry Heart", "In Memory ...". Ofcourse you cannot forget "No Stranger to Love" and the best song on the album and perhaps of the entire Others Era, "Heart Like a Wheel"

Comment

Ill probably eventually get this album but I really dislike Glenn's vocals. Every time they come up in the Deep Purple albums I have with him he just grates on me for some reason.

Comment

I have no words, I'm speechless.
                      I love this album so much, probably one of my top 10 favorites ever. It really marks the genuine 80's spirit combined with experimental and innovative sound. Fine songs, fine musicians...
                      It's the call of the Seventh Star!

Comment

This album was a long time one of my least favorite Sabbath albums, but I have learned to like it in recent years.

Comment

I'm kind of lukewarm about this album. I think it might be my immense dislike of "No Stranger to Love". Sorry guys and gals, but IMO it's a pretty weak and sappy ballad that screams "I want a hit single please!" Never thought Tony Iommi would do that. Also, I hate to admit it but the look of the band at that time, and Glenn in particular with his enormous mullet, is tough for me to swallow. I usually don't judge a book by it's cover, but it's hard for me to overlook it in this case.

Comment

I liked his hair better in his Deep Purple days!
                            But In for the Kill and Danger Zone are killer songs!

Comment

Originally Posted By: 8bit Fighter
                              I really like the bluesy edge they had on it, Heart Like A Wheel is fantastic. Not a single miss on the album either.
                              I tend to agree although I don't like In for the Kill or No Stranger to Love that much. The rest of the album is fantastic and I think it's #3 in my Top 5 of Sabbath albums.

However, I think it was pretty unusual for the time and thus not many people got into it. The chaotic tour with Glenn being kicked out in the middle of it didn't help matters either.

I kind of disliked Glenn in Deep Purple (except on You Keep on Moving and This Time Around), especially live, but he's much better on DEP Sessions, Fused and Seventh Star.
                              "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Working...
                              X