Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Junior's Eyes With Dave Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior's Eyes With Dave Walker

So I've been listening to this song a lot lately, and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the video of this song. I know there's recordings, but I've not seen Sabbath actually play this song with ihm.

Secondly, I was also wondering if anyone had the lyrics to the song. Dave's voice... is awesome, I wish they had released an album. Anyway, Anybody have the lyrics?
    "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Re: Junior's Eyes With Dave Walker

His voice is good,but i cant understand anything.
    he also did War Pigs at that show.
    no video recordings are around at all.

BBC archives have it though
    R.I.P. Ronald Padavona,Ronnie James Dio,DIO,Legend.

Comment

Originally Posted By: WarningRules So I've been listening to this song a lot lately, and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the video of this song. I know there's recordings, but I've not seen Sabbath actually play this song with ihm.

Secondly, I was also wondering if anyone had the lyrics to the song. Dave's voice... is awesome, I wish they had released an album. Anyway, Anybody have the lyrics?
      There was already a topic on this where people gave transcriptions : http://www.black-sabbath.com/forums/...ngs#Post108728

Hope you'll find what you're looking for
      Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
      "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Originally Posted By: NoWayOut His voice is good,but i cant understand anything.

From the info I gathered, they only played the intro of "War Pigs". Dave didn't sing this one.
        Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
        "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Originally Posted By: Gardener
          Originally Posted By: NoWayOut His voice is good,but i cant understand anything.

From the info I gathered, they only played the intro of "War Pigs". Dave didn't sing this one.
          Exacly.
          Can't you see what I see
          You and I victims of Their word
          As the master of power
          Try to poison our world
          ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Originally Posted By: Gardener
            Originally Posted By: WarningRules So I've been listening to this song a lot lately, and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the video of this song. I know there's recordings, but I've not seen Sabbath actually play this song with ihm.

There was already a topic on this where people gave transcriptions : http://www.black-sabbath.com/forums/...ngs#Post108728

Hope you'll find what you're looking for
            Thanks. It seems as though no matter where you look, no one really knows the exact lyrics to this song. But i guess I got the best that I'm going to get. Anyway, thanks again Gardener.

Comment

He doesn't fit Black Sabbath at all, I do wish I understood what he said just to compare the lyrics.

Comment

Originally Posted By: Monkey He doesn't fit Black Sabbath at all, I do wish I understood what he said just to compare the lyrics.
                I can't agree. I think that he would have done an excellent job with Sabbath.

Oh Well. I guess it was Dio's time.

Comment

Dave wouldn't have suited the later sounding stuff - but if you gave him some more blues based stuff as Black Sabbath and Paranoid had, I think he'd have done ok. They definitely made the right move with Ronnie James Dio though - he breathed new life into the band.

And Ozzy went on to record some great solo stuff as well.

I wonder if this lawsuit is to get Ozzy in a pissed frame of mind to write the new album - it seems when he was at his angriest with Sabbath - such as on the first two Ozzy albums, he was at his best vocally.

I'd be curious to see the original lyrics as well - I know that the song was changed lyrically and I think structurally when Ozzy rejoined the band.

Comment

I think Dave Walker would have done a fine job for Black Sabbath ... as with any incarnation of the band, it would have been Sabbath, just different.

There is an irony here, though - at the time Ozzy made public statements that he wished Black Sabbath would head in more of a musical direction like Humble Pie. I think with Dave Walker at the helm, Ozzy may have gotten his wish!

Comment

Originally posted by Gardener View Post
                      Correct. Although he did play tambourine. You can see said tambourine on the drum riser in this picture:

Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                      View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

I know this is "coming from left field" but if anyone is interested, Dave Walker released a cd on October 30, 2007 called "Walking Underwater". Samples from each track are on Amazon.com
                        ---> http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Underw.../dp/B00104KIPC

He's 64 years old and alive and well. I'm sure it's possible to contact him somehow to inquire about the lyrics to Junior's Eyes. I bet he'd be amazed so many people would even know about it and be interested 30+ years later!!!
                        "So if you want to know where I've been hiding all these years, follow the tears.. follow the tears.."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                          Correct. Although he did play tambourine. You can see said tambourine on the drum riser in this picture:

http://www.black-sabbath.com/images/...walkerlive.jpg
                          naughty, naughty Joe, lol
                          Last edited by Joe Siegler; 08-29-2009, 09:03 PM. Reason: Removed quoted image

Comment

He's from my home town of Walsall. Wait there, I'll go and ask him......................................

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Just a little wierd fact/co-incidence. Both Dave Walker and Ronnie James Dio were in bands called The Redcaps.

Some interesting stuff about Dave Walker in the link below. Talks about gigs at Bloxwich Baths, etc. That's only minutes from where I live.

http://www.brumbeat.net/redcaps.htm

Comment

You know, after hearing Dave Walker's version of Junior's Eyes, I think that he'd be a great fit for the band. It strikes me that after hearing the music that he made in Savoy Brown that he would have taken Black Sabbath in a much different direction - far, far away from the classic, "devil horns" music that Ronnie brought to the band.

I loved his version of Junior's Eyes - it's personally my favorite version, I won't lie. His voice is quite unique and much different than Ronnie; I prefer Walker, personally. I think he would have been a phoenomenal fit in the band.

Comment

Working...
                              X