GZR - Boggler's Mound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GZR - Boggler's Mound

Geezer Butler has claimed that the next GZR album will be released in 2010 and is to be titled "Boggler's Mound".

Anybody have any info?
    http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

I sincerely wish he doesn't bother. Not only he takes the time away from Sabbath this way, but to me, his solo stuff sounds like shit anyways.
    "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Originally posted by Metal Priest View Post
      Geezer Butler has claimed that the next GZR album will be released in 2010 and is to be titled "Boggler's Mound".

Anybody have any info?
      Source were Geezer said that? If its true, I cannot even wait!!! Maybe they will tour.
      Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

Geezer's website says that the next GZR album will be released in 2010, and the title is just a rumor I think. I don't know where the "Boggler's Mound" title comes from. A friend of mine says he read an interview with someone stating it, but I haven't actually managed to find anything myself.

Comment

Geezer's website says that the next GZR album will be released in 2010, and the title is just a rumor I think. I don't know where the "Boggler's Mound" title comes from. A friend of mine says he read an interview with someone stating it, but I haven't actually managed to find anything myself.
          Thanks, I will let you know If I find anything!! Right now this is just news to me
          Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

In 2010 that is the 40th anniversary of the first Sabbath album. Now this tells me that the band in what ever form, isn't planing anything for the 40th. GZR does tour and I had tickets for a Louisville show but they cancled that date. Now GZR is a great band. Petro House on guitar rocks. I will look foward to this cd.

Comment

Originally posted by kentuckyfan View Post
              In 2010 that is the 40th anniversary of the first Sabbath album. Now this tells me that the band in what ever form, isn't planing anything for the 40th. GZR does tour and I had tickets for a Louisville show but they cancled that date. Now GZR is a great band. Petro House on guitar rocks. I will look foward to this cd.
              2009 is the 40th.

Comment

Sounds like a joke to announce a new album for 2010. Heaven and Hell announced a new album to be released in 2008 over a year ago, and that is obviously not going to happen. Its also not aligned with GZR's recording habits of late. Ohmwork was a project that began and ended in a couple of months, if that.

One hopes that Pedro and Geezer spent some time writing songs while they were together on the H&H tour, at least that would give an album release date some credibility.

But what am I talking about? Joe runs Geezer's site, so he probably knows whats going on. If there is something to it, I'm sure he'll put it on the news page.
                Damian
                Super Moderator
                Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

Well when they started the Masters Of Metal tour they said they had six songs, they also said a release would be a late 08/early 09. I think they are on schedule. Why complain Black Sabbath are putting out a studio album!
                  "I want to tell you, yeah
                  How Good It Feels
                  Sleeping here with you tonight
                  And thatís for real"
                  -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho Man View Post
                    Well when they started the Masters Of Metal tour they said they had six songs, they also said a release would be a late 08/early 09. I think they are on schedule. Why complain Black Sabbath are putting out a studio album!
                    First, I checked Geezer's website and a couple of other sources and there is NO announcement of a new release for 2010. Which makes sense, based on what I wrote about how silly it is to announce a new album over 14 months ahead of time, especially for these guys.

Secondly, the H&H release was already pushed back when the Masters of Metal began. But even so, if you think they are still on track for a late 08/early 09 release, I have a bridge to sell you. Unless you consider early 09 to be April. I don't.

But why complain, right? We're getting new music so we have no right to call bullshit on bands when statements are made and not lived up to, right?

Psycho, you referred to the new release as "Black Sabbath", not "Heaven and Hell", so maybe you were talking about the new Ozzy/Sabbath album that Sharon announced would be released in 2008? If so I apologize, but I suppose we can't complain though, because Ozzy/Sabbath is going to happen too, right? By the way, the bridge connects Manhattan to Brooklyn.

And while you're at it, you may as well circle 2010 on your calander (In about 9 months when 2010 calendars go on sale, that is) for that new GZR release. Its right on track!
                    Damian
                    Super Moderator
                    Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

Last year I asked Pedro Howse about the possibility of another GZR record and he seemed enthused about the idea and went on to say that he had already things written for it. Around the same time I asked Geezer himself the same question and he said there weren't any plans for a new album.

Personally I doubt there will be another GZR album anytime soon, firstly because it could hinder Heaven & Hell's activities and most importantly because I honestly can't see the demand for it. 'Ohmwork' didn't exactly set the world on fire.

Comment

To put it in this way. I want two Heaven and Hell albums, rather than a new GZR album. No disrespect to the band, but nothing Geezer Butler can do in GZR can match what he can do in Heaven and Hell!

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          I sincerely wish he doesn't bother. Not only he takes the time away from Sabbath this way, but to me, his solo stuff sounds like shit anyways.
                          I really don't think any of his stuff sounds like sh!t, you MUST have an imposter GZR album.

Comment

Anybody have any info?
                            Yeah, sounds like something someone made up (you?). If you cannot produce a viable source, I'm going to call BS on this. I do Geezer's site, I email him fairly regularly, and he (nor Pedro) have given any information that there is another GZR album on the horizon.

Originally posted by Relic View Post
                            Last year I asked Pedro Howse about the possibility of another GZR record and he seemed enthused about the idea and went on to say that he had already things written for it.
                            Writing for an album and actually making an album are two really separate things.

I point to the writing sessions for the Sabbath album with Ozzy in 2001. Case closed.

Uh, that's BS for sure. Every single thing that is on Geezer's website is there because I put it there. I NEVER put anything like that there. Ever.
                            Last edited by Joe Siegler; 12-06-2008, 09:55 PM.
                            Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                            View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

I refered to the journal section:

The first thing I did when I read this was to check Geezers homepage and everything.

My GZR band is on hold for now, but songs will be written along the way, hopefully culminating as an album sometime in 2010, the Lord or Darwin or Richard Dawkins permitting. Quote from the Journal.

And since I read that "Boggler's Mound" would be released in 2010, I wondered if this was it, I thought the same thought that you, "this is most likely BS" , but to be 100% sure, I asked for info here since the likes of you Joe, have inside info that most people don't have.

But with that said, there is no need for you to be rude towards me. I have never said that I read it like it where annonced news, and if I did that was never my meaning.

So you can go ahead and call this BS, because I now know that this is BS, but it sure kills the reason to have a forum if you can't even ask if something is true or not, without getting attacked and have to face stupid answers like "Yeah, sounds like something someone made up (you?)."
                              Last edited by Metal Priest; 12-08-2008, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X