Hughes'd (Just listened to Fused)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes'd (Just listened to Fused)

I recently listened to the "Fused" album in it's entirety. I don't know why it took me so long to actually take a serious listen but anyway. This is a great album. I can see why some call it a lost Sabbath album as much of the material sounds like it was written for the 2001 Sabbath album.

So far, I think my favorite songs are What You're Living For (has such a ferocious riff) and Saviour of the Real (a great doomy riff that some how manages to be upbeat at the same time).

What are your thoughts?
    If you tried to give Heavy Metal another name, you might call it "Tony Iommi."

I recently came to check this album out as well and I agree with the lost Sabbath album vibe it has. Some of my favorites are Dopamine, Wasted Again, Grace, The Spell, and I Go Insane.

I also recommend checking out the 1996 DEP Sessions as well if you enjoyed Fused. Got some great material on that album as well.
    I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Comment

I love that album. I Go Insane is definitely my favorite track. Also, Glenn's voice and bass lines are awesome too.

Comment

I Go Insane is such an incredible track. One of my favorite songs all time. What You're Living For is another strong track on the CD. I like the CD a great deal. The Innocence (bonus track) is also a very good song.
        "I can honestly say it’s truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

I love the record, surprised it didn't go over that well when it came out, I thought Glenn sang in a very "modern" vain on the CD, sort of like Chris Cornell, and that it fit in well with today's metal. Geezer was quoted as saying it would have made a great Sabbath record. The production is great, and the producer and eng. of the CD is the same one that produces Rev Theory, a popular new metal band, (great band if you haven't heard them). I bought it the day it came out then headed to vacation in Maine, and heard it played on a hard rock/metal station up there, Dopamine was the song, I thought it was going to sorta take off, but it died a quick death. Great record though. Very powerful.
          "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
          R. Blackmore

Comment

I don't think there's a bad cut on it, nor The Dep Sessions. Tony and Glenn work very well together. I hope that once Heaven and Hell are done that Tony goes back to working with Glenn on a permanent basis.
            He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaun† View Post
              I recently listened to the "Fused" album in it's entirety. I don't know why it took me so long to actually take a serious listen but anyway. This is a great album. I can see why some call it a lost Sabbath album as much of the material sounds like it was written for the 2001 Sabbath album.
              It probably was. I wonder would the fanboys lash out at it because Ozzy's not on it?

So far, I think my favorite songs are What You're Living For (has such a ferocious riff) and Saviour of the Real (a great doomy riff that some how manages to be upbeat at the same time).
              What are your thoughts?
              Excellent album from start to end, except maybe for Grace and Face Your Fear which I don't care for as much as the rest of the album. Both Tony and Glenn were on fire. Back in 2005, I remember sorely missing the tour that was promised but never materialized (surely as the Ozzfest money were dangled within reach, Tony's resolve to continue with Glenn has waned). If the Heaven and Hell thing ends soon, I would love to hear what Tony and Glenn can do in the future. There's certainly plenty of music left in this well.

If there's only one shortcoming in Fused, it's the lack of variety in song tempos and structures. But the music and the power more than make up for it.
              "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Funny, I just dusted this one off & dropped it in after not listening in a few years.

Its trully a remarkably awesome album. For some reason the DEP album fell flat with me. I don't think the material was as dark as Fused.

I Go insane is on right now matter of fact. I Gotta spin this album much more often.
                I like this better then the other Iommi album for sure.
                The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Ya know, when I first bought DEP, I played it and it just did not click. It tainted me on buying Fused. I finally purchased Fused shortly after joining this board, after reading a number of good reviews.

Fused clicked with me instantly. I really like the album start to finish, so I pulled out DEP and listened again. That time around, I really enjoyed the bluesy feel to it in comparison to Fused. I guess at the time when I purchased DEP, I was expecting more of an "Iommi" (solo record) feel.

Now I love to put both on my iPod and play them back to back on long business trips.
                  "I can honestly say it’s truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

It's a fantastic album, miles ahead of a very good DEP Sessions, and it still finds
                    it's way into my car stereo quite often. A lot of the lyrics have some personal resonance
                    for me.

Comment

Anybody heard the Japanese & exclusive bonus tracks?
                      The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

This album is pretty good! I was wondering, anyone know if there is a vinyl edition of this album? I have been looking for it!

Comment

Did Tony play any live shows as a solo artist?
                          The time it is coming when all life will end,
                          With doomsday approaching to hell we'll descend.
                          Religion won't save me, the damage is done.
                          The future has ended before it's begun.

Comment

I'd love it if Tony maybe did a little club tour (after the H & H tour of course) with Glenn. That would be pretty cool. Think about it, they have 3 solid albums worth of material together now (7th Star, DEP and Fused). I for one would love to go see that.

Comment

Originally posted by Modern Day Warrior View Post
                              I'd love it if Tony maybe did a little club tour (after the H & H tour of course) with Glenn. That would be pretty cool. Think about it, they have 3 solid albums worth of material together now (7th Star, DEP and Fused). I for one would love to go see that.
                              Put me on the list. I'd would go see this.

Comment

Working...
                              X