Cozy Powell and Gary Moore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cozy Powell and Gary Moore

How many shows did Cozy last for the After the War tour in 89 ? Anyone have any shows to trade ?
    The worst Sabbath era , is when theres NO Sabbath era !

I can't answer that, and I'm not a trader, but I thought I'd take the opportunity to pass along the BEST example of these two greats rocking out together - Joe posted this tune a while back, I think it was the aniversary of Cozy's passing.

Play it and rock.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vH-mOqZou0

All the best,
    PAULIE
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UoulA6r90n...ill%2Bward.JPG

Comment

No recordings exsist.
      Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Did Cozy actually do any '89 gigs with Gary?

As I understood it at the time, he played on After The War as a session player but made it clear to Gary (who refutes this) that he was becoming a full-time member of Black Sabbath.
        He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

Originally posted by DiosSword View Post
          Did Cozy actually do any '89 gigs with Gary?
          I don't think he did. Cozy was recording and producing "Headless Cross" with Sabbath until the very end of 1988. Then he did the promotion for the album until the end of April 1989 when the rehearsals for the tour started, and the tour stretched as far as December 1989. I don't really see when shows with Gary Moore would have fit in this time line. I think he only recorded the album.
          Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies don’t use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of “Dehumanizer”.
          "Black Sabbath : la Bête venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Originally posted by Gardener View Post
            I don't think he did. Cozy was recording and producing "Headless Cross" with Sabbath until the very end of 1988. Then he did the promotion for the album until the end of April 1989 when the rehearsals for the tour started, and the tour stretched as far as December 1989. I don't really see when shows with Gary Moore would have fit in this time line. I think he only recorded the album.

He started the tour only to be replaced by the bald headed drummer from the Firm .

Comment

Originally posted by wyzguy51
              Well if you knew music you would know that the bald drummer is "Chris Slade". The guy is a power house drummer that is far superior to rondenelli, Check out his playing with gilmour,uriah heep or manfred mann.......Slade is the only reason i was talked into going to see ac/dc years ago for the razors edge tour....IM SO GREAT

His names a no factor , hes crap compared to Cozy ,Bill or Bobby in fact !

Comment

so what do ya think of terry bozio or simon phillips???

Simon is great love his drumming on the MSG cds and other studio ventures hes done, Bozio not sure of his work he has a hot wife tho !

Comment

Checkout the 1989 Powell Iommi radio interview on youtube. He talks about the Gary Moore band.
                  Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

HEY DOCTOR GREGORY MOUSE,
                    i SAW YOUR RONDENELLI BOY IN 2006, I forget the bands name (yeah they were that good) They opened for uli jon roth at the HOB here in chicago. Kinda reminded me of ringo starr. Some of bozios best drumming can be heard on any of jeff becks guitar shop tour boots, or you could pick up bozio,levins,stevens stuff and give that a listen. It prog,fusion hard rock trio that may be a bit to advanced for you but you would get a good idea of what a good drummer sounds like...Dont get me wrong i love cozy powells playing and there is no substitute for bills playing ( I believe iommi talked about that in an interview i heard in the mid 90's) but rondi is and NEVER WILL BE IN THEIR CALIBER OF PLAYER, NOR WILL HE EVER Get close to the capabilities of someone like CHRIS SLADE.....

Its cool Slade does nothing for me drumming wise , Bozio ill try to check out tho !

Comment

Working...
                    X