Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Ozzy's website refers to Bob Daisley as an ass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzy's website refers to Bob Daisley as an ass

These are the musicians listed for the Blizzard of Ozz album on Ozzy's website. Notice a missing letter anywhere?

"MUSICIANS: Ozzy Osbourne : Vocals, Randy Rhoads: Guitar, Bob Daisley: ass, Gong, Backing vocals, Harmony Vocals, Lee Kerslake : Drums, Don Airey: Keyboards, Robert Trujillo: Bass (You Lookin' At Me Lookin' At You), Mike Bordin : Drums (You Lookin' At Me Lookin' At You)"

Given the trouble between Sharon and Bob and Lee with that whole re-recording of their parts for the re-release, I wonder if it's intentional. The Diary of a Madman listing has the 'b'.

Maybe he is an ass?

"So if you want to know where I've been hiding all these years, follow the tears.. follow the tears.."

Comment

The thing that surprises me is that he actually list that he plays the gong. Do you actually have to take lessons for that? I'm self taught. I learned by watching the Gong show. Thank you Chuck Barris.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman616 View Post
        Maybe he is an ass?

So what if he is, it still immature to do this crap, especially for a guy that was on all his best albums and wrote most of the songs for Ozzy. Still nothing shocks me after re-recording the first 2 albums.

Good thing the old versions are easy to find on CD and Vinyl.

Comment

Someone should email the admin of Ozzy site and lets see if they are going to correct that...

Comment

I also wonder if they will fix the typo that called Ozzy a musician.

Comment

Originally posted by AngryHeart View Post
              Touche
              "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
              "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
              "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

This made my night!

Comment

As well as being a key contributor to Ozzy's first two albums, how many times did Bob come back in later years to lend him a hand by playing bass and writing lyrics.

He seems to have been treated very shabbily. If Ozzy and Sharon didn't want Bob and Lee in the band back in the early 80s then fair enough, but to deny them royalties isn't playing fair and re-recording these classic albums is just an insult to the fans. I've never heard of this happening elsewhere; band members fall out all the time but you don't hear Keith Richards say, ok lads, let's get rid of Bill Wyman's bass from Sticky Fingers. That is just petty. But it also has a negative effect in the fact that Randy Rhoads' playing now sits uncomfortably alongside musicians he never met. His memory has been tarnished.

Now Tony Iommi seems to be copping a lot of shit from Sharon. She'll be the root of it all, Ozzy will just be sitting stoned in the background.

Comment

Do you also think Ozzy re did Bobs gong playing on the classic first 2 albums.?

Comment

Bob Daisley is cool as hell.

I asked him a question via his myspace page and he responded in an extremely gracious manor.
                      The time it is coming when all life will end,
                      With doomsday approaching to hell we'll descend.
                      Religion won't save me, the damage is done.
                      The future has ended before it's begun.

Comment

I have talked to Bob Daisley many times he answered all my questions and more. He is a cool guy in my book. As far as his gong playing I could hear the intro to I Don't Know was different on the re-recordings.
                        www.reverbnation.com/sungod4

www.facebook/curseofdisobedience

www.reverbnation.com/clawhammer1 and www.reverbnation.com/blackmountainthunder

Comment

Originally posted by Hell_Awaits View Post
                          Bob Daisley is cool as hell.

I asked him a question via his myspace page and he responded in an extremely gracious manor.
                          Really? How cool.

I tried to friend him but I had to know his e-mail to friend him (and it wasn't @bobdaisley.com, BTW)

Comment

Really? How cool.

I tried to friend him but I had to know his e-mail to friend him (and it wasn't @bobdaisley.com, BTW)
                            I actually did'nt befriend him,. I just sent him a message with a simple question and he sent back a rather lengthy answer. I just thought it was cool that he even responded.
                            The time it is coming when all life will end,
                            With doomsday approaching to hell we'll descend.
                            Religion won't save me, the damage is done.
                            The future has ended before it's begun.

Comment

As for the Bob Daisley thing, I was talking to my mate yesterday. The one that sang on the Phenomena - Psychofantasy album with Glenn Hughes and Tony Martin, etc. He tells me he could be working with Daisley next year. All depends on how much money he demands and I guess how much the record label will pay. Apparently he likes the stuff he's wrote.

So that's another of his heroes he's gonna end up working with. In a lengthy phone call to Australia, he was telling Bob how me and him used to sit down in the early 80's and work out the stuff off the early Ozzy albums.
                              He said he was touched that those albums made such an impact on us.

Lucky fucker. heh

Comment

Working...
                              X