No announcement yet.

Ozzy Osbourne Names Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, not sure what to make of that title..?!?!?!

Speaking of titles, I'd love to see the next H&H record titled HEAVEN IN BLACK. I know it's the title of a song BS closed the album TYR out with, but the song didn't justify the great title IMO. It does fit H&H perfectly though....
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Comment

How about We Sold our Soul Sucka

Comment

I've been disappointed with most of his releases for nearly 20 years, save for a few decent songs.But I guess if Gun's & Roses can do an instrumental of The Jackson 5's I Want You Back in concert recently, anything is possible.After buying his 4 disc set including the duet with MissPiggy(mainly for the free Ozzfest ticket) nothing he releases surprises me.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman616 View Post
          If Tony Martin was comin' out with a new cd called "Soul Sucka" you'd all be just as appalled right???????

Yes, I would be just as appalled. "Soul Sucka" is not a proper name for a heavy metal album, no matter who the artist is. "Soul Sucker" would be proper. In my mind.

Fuck, now I can't get the "Mr. T" effect out of my head with this title! Sucka!!!
          "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Mr. T is already rehearsing for the promotional campaign...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyGbKElMy2A

Comment

Sigh. I guess he's mainly marketing to teens.

Comment

Just saw the album cover for Ozzy's new album.

Actually, the full title of the album is "(watch it), soul sucka".

http://www.crazycoolstuff.com/watch-...nny-shirt.html

Comment

who cares?

he could name it "another piece of sheisse" or "golden shower" or "black rain", it's all the same innit.

Comment

And...as stupid and non-heavy metal the new title is, the music is what counts in the end. But still, in the case of Ozzy, the original voice of Black Sabbath and one of the most successful rock icons of the last 40 years, one would expect a more fitting album title than this.

As I said, I would consider "Soul Sucker" a more suitable title, that brings to my mind some kind of a vicious cthulhu-ish entity of mystique and dark arts, maybe a vampire, maybe an ancient mummy, maybe some mind flayering beast...or just someone evil who takes away everything from someone else, mentally destroying the other. Now that is a tale of heavy metal, isn't it? But "Soul Sucka"??? That brings to mind someone who likes soul music beyond regular liking...

Sometimes it's just the little things that make a huge difference in thinking.

Comment

I thought the original poster was just joking around at first but it looks like this really is the name of the album. I know the music is what matters but since Black Rain was such garbage and this album title is shitty I don't have much hope for Ozzy's next release.
                      Nobody will ever let you know
                      When you ask the reason why
                      They just tell you that you're on your own
                      Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                        Sounds like a name for a crappy rap album...

Seriously the name sucks! I wonder if nomen est omen, in this case...if so..well this album is gonna seriously suck ass....but I really don't care a whole lot either way...Ozzy's irrelevant to me.
                        I bought Black Rain (import) 'cause the cover was cool and had an ok title, I also had some money to burn. The CD is not a masterpiece but the songs eventually grew on me. Soul Sucka? I agree sounds like a loser. Hopefully the songs will be half way decent but I know I'll be dissapointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzy View Post
                          Hopefully he'll change the name of the album, its ridiculous.
                          I remember in the mid 90's he was releasing an album called X -Ray, but that eventually became Ozzmosis
                          Wasn't that the Steve Vai album? When Vai went away, they changed the title.

Story I read:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...new_album.html

I'll check it out - I've been listening to his solo work since Diary was the current album. I'm one of the few who has liked the last two studio albums (they took a lot of bashing around here). I'll probably like it, too.
                          Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                          View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                            I'll check it out - I've been listening to his solo work since Diary was the current album. I'm one of the few who has liked the last two studio albums (they took a lot of bashing around here). I'll probably like it, too.
                            Same here mate, I really like Black Rain, some good songs on there, Down to Earth I think is OK, but not great.
                            But overall as a body of work I pretty much like every album he's released.
                            He must be still doing something right 'cos I've bought everything he's ever done and seen him on every UK Tour since Blizzard of Ozz, (except Diary which cancelled 3 shows in) so I'll keep going back for more of the Ozzman.
                            Soul Sucka does kinda suck big time, but so what, its only an album title, and I suppose at this stage in his career Ozzy has earned the right to call his albums whatever he likes. (even though its still a shite title lol)
                            Do you believe a word what the good book says?
                            Or is it just a holy fairytale and God is Dead?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                              I'm with you for the most part with Ozzy's solo stuff. I've liked everything from it. Black Rain was the first time I was disappointed by something he did and felt he should quit before he makes another album that was as bad and embarassing to his legacy. Every great artist has a few bad ones and maybe with Black Rain that was the case. Still, the name of the new one doesn't give you a first good impression at all as far as i'm conserned. We'll just have to wait and listen to the music and that will tell the true story. Hopefully, getting rid of Zack(who I have no probelm with musically) and bringing in a new guitar player will freshen things up and bring some new ideas to the song writting.
                              Nobody will ever let you know
                              When you ask the reason why
                              They just tell you that you're on your own
                              Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                                Yes, I would be just as appalled. "Soul Sucka" is not a proper name for a heavy metal album, no matter who the artist is. "Soul Sucker" would be proper. In my mind.

Fuck, now I can't get the "Mr. T" effect out of my head with this title! Sucka!!!
                                I Pity Da Fool who don't like that name, sucka...

Originally posted by devilmaycare View Post
                                I always give Ozzy's stuff a chance... but then I hear it...
                                Until Ozzy gives everyone the blessing of announcing his retirement, every single news snippet I read/hear about him will leave me doing below for paying attention:

Comment

Working...
                                X