No announcement yet.

Ozzy Osbourne Names Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha, this is a pretty low blow to fans expecting a minimally decent title to an Ozzy album---Soul Sucka sounds like everything so many of you have already suggested. It's easily the most atrocious album title Ozzy and Co. have conjured up, over the past nearly thirty years. Yea, it does reek of a hip-hop hit single cum album title track to it.

All that said, like for some others here, I'm probably gonna buy this latest disc when it comes out, cos ultimately it's the actual 'music' that will decide how I feel about the album.

Originally posted by sandman616
    If Tony Martin was comin' out with a new cd called "Soul Sucka" you'd all be just as appalled right???????
    No, actually a lot less so. I'd be knowingly nodding at something like 'Dancing Diva' or 'Evil Empress' or 'Metal Moustache' etc etc as a new release title, from somebody like the venerable Tony Martin, cos in his case, the guaranteed suckiness of the music actually merits an album title to match.
    Last edited by RLP4ever; 12-25-2009, 09:12 AM.
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

he should call it " YE HA! HONKY MUSIC"

Comment

I made the same face as my avatar when I read Ozzy's new album title!
        We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman616 View Post
          If Tony Martin was comin' out with a new cd called "Soul Sucka" you'd all be just as appalled right???????

Not at all. Martin's writing style just doesn't do anything for me. Although I think he's a good singer.

Anyway I'll reiterate, as long as Gus brings some classic riffs to the album they could call it "everyone who buys this album is a shithead" and I'd buy it. The music matters most. If Soul Sucka is full of material that lives up to the legacy of his past classic albums then so be it.

Most of his albums have gone through multiple working titles before they ended up as they did. As I recall No More Tears had a couple before they came up with that one. And maybe enough fan backlash will convince him to change it.
          Last edited by devstorm; 12-25-2009, 04:55 PM.
          The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Originally posted by Axe fiend View Post
            I made the same face as my avatar when I read Ozzy's new album title!

Hahahaha-likewise. "Soul Sucka" sounds like Ozzy is attempting to cross over into some other genre of music. Like attempting to blend some soul, rap, funk etc. You'll see Ozzy on the cover with plenty of bling, wearing a clock as a necklace and a cap on backwards.

Why not just go all out I say? Ozzy should just crossover into some rap/hip hop, but combining traditional elements of Ozzy/Sabbath themes. The new album could be called:

"BUST A CAP IN THE DEVIL'S ASS"

Comment

Gotta agree with most of the comments above. It sounds like a rap CD title. I will wait to hear the music before passing full judgement. Black Rain was OK, and I will buy it, no matter the title.

I am not a fan of the title.
              "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Originally posted by H&H View Post
                Gotta agree with most of the comments above. It sounds like a rap CD title. I will wait to hear the music before passing full judgement. Black Rain was OK, and I will buy it, no matter the title.

So, if Ozzy came out with an album called, "My Songs are Shit and my Voice is Hoarse", would you still buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by WheelsOfConfusion View Post
                  So, if Ozzy came out with an album called, "My Songs are Shit and my Voice is Hoarse", would you still buy it?

as the name for the album? Holy shit YES!!!! I imagine I'd do what most people would upon seeing that in a CD store. hit the floor laughing and after about an hour (to regain composure) I'd march to the checkout line knowing i'M IN FOR SOME KICKASS TUNES
                  "I want to tell you, yeah
                  How Good It Feels
                  Sleeping here with you tonight
                  And thatís for real"
                  -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Originally posted by WheelsOfConfusion View Post

Like Psycho Man said above, I would LMAO, and then 100% I would buy it. Why not?
                    "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho Man View Post
                      as the name for the album? Holy shit YES!!!! I imagine I'd do what most people would upon seeing that in a CD store. hit the floor laughing and after about an hour (to regain composure) I'd march to the checkout line knowing i'M IN FOR SOME KICKASS TUNES
                      And then you'll be like:

It was Ozzy, what was I thinking. Now we know why the songs suck as bad as the album title.

But hey, at the very least, we will get our 873873879543 version of Ozzy's favorite lyric line: "I Don't Know Where I Am Going Cause I Don't Know Where I've Been"

Comment

Soul sucka sucks... Maybe Ozzy means it to be like a Vampire sucking a soul out of the physical body. Soul Thief or Soul Extractor might be more appropriate for heavy metal... Shrugs, at least The Devil You Know was a cool title.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley Dalby View Post

Until Ozzy gives everyone the blessing of announcing his retirement
                          $haron won't let him retire!! He's her meal ticket!!

Comment

Working...
                          X