Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Ozzy Osbourne Names Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzy Osbourne Names Album

From metalhammer.co.uk: LINK

Get the full details on the Double O’s new album.

Ozzy Osbourne’s new album is to be called ‘Soul Sucka’ and is due for release in June. ‘Soul Sucka’ conjures images of Mr T listening to James Brown, doesn’t it?

Tracks set for inclusion on the new Ozzy Osbourne album include: ‘Let It Die’, ‘Diggin’ Me Down’ and ‘Soul Sucka’. It is, of course, the first Ozzy record to feature Firewind’s Gus G on guitar. The band also includes Blasko (bass), Mike Bordin (drums) and Adam Wakeman (keyboards).
    Last edited by Neon_Knight; 12-18-2009, 01:46 PM.

Why must Ozzy sell out in the most retarded ways? It takes a lot of audacity to name a Heavy Metal album "Soul Sucka"
    http://wickedinquisition.bandcamp.com/

Comment

I heard this on the radio and laughed. Here he is rehearsing for the new tour.

Comment

What kind of name is that? Well I hope Gus G gets that heavy sound with the new album, I feel that Ozzy would push Gus G to have a more Zakkish kind of a tone with his guitar but I feel Gus G should stick with his kind of playing. I also hope that the new music is not the left over material to what Zak might have recorded.
        http://www.facebook.com/cosmicchants
        https://soundcloud.com/cosmicchants
        http://www.myspace.com/cosmicchants

Comment

Shit name for an album, but who cares as long as the musics OK.
          Do you believe a word what the good book says?
          Or is it just a holy fairytale and God is Dead?

Comment

It's ironic that he has an album title so ridiculous AFTER he got sober. But as in the past, if the music kicks ass I suppose the title will grow on me. I thought titles like Killer of Giants, Tatoo Dancer, & a few others were lackluster titles but the songs kick ass.
            Last edited by devstorm; 12-19-2009, 07:22 AM.
            The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Pathetic title, we will wait and see how the music sounds like...
              http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

Hopefully he'll change the name of the album, its ridiculous.
                I remember in the mid 90's he was releasing an album called X -Ray, but that eventually became Ozzmosis
                Do you believe a word what the good book says?
                Or is it just a holy fairytale and God is Dead?

Comment

Sounds like a name for a crappy rap album...

Seriously the name sucks! I wonder if nomen est omen, in this case...if so..well this album is gonna seriously suck ass....but I really don't care a whole lot either way...Ozzy's irrelevant to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon_Knight View Post
                    Ozzy Osbourne’s new album is to be called ‘Soul Sucka’ and is due for release in June.
                    Soul Sucka...

At first I was like

Then I was like

Originally posted by Neon_Knight View Post
                    ‘Soul Sucka’ conjures images of Mr T listening to James Brown, doesn’t it?
                    After reading this I was like &

I can't believe that is really the album title, I mean the way it's written/spelled.

'Soul Sucker' would have been a credible title and fitting for the dark world of Ozzy-esque music. But 'Soul Sucka'?!? Mr. T must be one of the promoters of this album.

As good as the song is, I hope Ozzy won't do a cover of James Brown's "I Feel Good" on the deluxe edition of this album...
                    Last edited by Sabbathman; 12-19-2009, 12:17 PM.
                    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

If Tony Martin was comin' out with a new cd called "Soul Sucka" you'd all be just as appalled right???????

"So if you want to know where I've been hiding all these years, follow the tears.. follow the tears.."

Comment

Sounds more like a Sharon Osbourne solo album. But, I'll save judgment until it comes out.
                        If you tried to give Heavy Metal another name, you might call it "Tony Iommi."

Comment

Originally posted by sandman616 View Post
                          If Tony Martin was comin' out with a new cd called "Soul Sucka" you'd all be just as appalled right???????

Ahh, but the difference is, Tony Martin would never EVER come out with an album called Soul Sucka...

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                            As good as the song is, I hope Ozzy won't do a cover of James Brown's "I Feel Good" on the deluxe edition of this album...
                            Don't worry... There isn't a chance that Ozzy could get his voice around a classic like that!

It's a horrible title... Sounds like something a Disney kid would call their R&B covers album... It's THAT cliched.

I always give Ozzy's stuff a chance... but then I hear it...

Comment

I heard somewhere that the closing track is a nine-minute medley of the Staple Singers' I'll Take You There, James Brown's Sex Machine and Al Green's Let's Stay Together. Supposedly it features Taylor Hicks and Vanilla Ice on guest vocals.
                              gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

Working...
                              X