Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill Ward hopes to release three albums this year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Ward hopes to release three albums this year!

Will one of these be "Beyond Aston"?

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=134743
    http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

You can count me in for all three. I've been waiting for new music by Bill for YEARS !!!!
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies don’t use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of “Dehumanizer”.
    "Black Sabbath : la Bęte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

not one word of support for Dio's cancer... what a !&%$#&%$ !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nunoni View Post

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Originally posted by Metal Priest View Post
        Will one of these be "Beyond Aston"?

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=134743
        When I heard that I had to ask his manager. Three? in 2010? I've worked for Bill for over a decade, and I hope it can happen, as I had some idea of what he was planning after Beyond Aston, but that's never come out.

We'll see.
        Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
        View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

There are several interviews floating around where Bill addresses Ronnies cancer and is very sympathetic.
          Good Beer is the perfect blend of Art & Science.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
            When I heard that I had to ask his manager. Three? in 2010? I've worked for Bill for over a decade, and I hope it can happen, as I had some idea of what he was planning after Beyond Aston, but that's never come out.

We'll see.
            There's a bunch of BM bands I know of that have released three or so albums in one specific year. It's possible.

Comment

The interview was done prior to RJD's cancer announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Gardener View Post
                You can count me in for all three. I've been waiting for new music by Bill for YEARS !!!!
                Ditto! I know Bill's bringing in a lot of musical guests, which is great, but I'll be happy just to hear him sing again.

Hey, I wonder if he'll get Geezer, Tony and Ozzy to guest on the same song!? That would be a first official release of classic-era Sabbath since '78. Either that or Bill should hijack a song or two from what would've been the next classic-era Sabbath album.

And I'm still hoping for a reissue of his first solo album, which was so brilliant and so unlike everything else out there at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by mds View Post
                  The interview was done prior to RJD's cancer announcement.
                  did you bother readin it?

Stay Thirsty: Do you still hold a relationship with Ronnie James Dio? Recent news revealed that he is battling cancer…

Bill Ward: Oh shit yea. For quite a while we did the whole "Heaven and Hell" album together, so I felt like I spent a lot of time with him. We wrote together and played together and did some of the business things together. I also spent a lot of social time with him and his family as well.

"shit yea" is all he has to say about it.

Comment

did you bother readin it?"shit yea" is all he has to say about it.
                    I believe the "Oh shit yea" was the answer to the "Do you still hold a relationship with Ronnie James Dio?" question.
                    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies don’t use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of “Dehumanizer”.
                    "Black Sabbath : la Bęte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Originally posted by Gardener View Post
                      I believe the "Oh shit yea" was the answer to the "Do you still hold a relationship with Ronnie James Dio?" question.
                      exactly my point - he couldn't be bothered making any comment whatsoever about a serious illness of a fellow human being, let alone someone he rehearsed and played with just 3 years ago. Oh well, I don't know what Bill Ward thinks and says in private, but this was a public interview and I don't like the lack of reaction shown.
                      Last edited by nunoni; 02-10-2010, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Butt View Post
                        There's a bunch of BM bands I know of that have released three or so albums in one specific year. It's possible.
                        That wasn't the angle I was going for. I know it's possible. However, I'm looking at Bill's record releasing well, "record" since 1990 when Ward One first came out. Not exactly burning down the doors in terms of the speed there.

exactly my point - he couldn't be bothered making any comment whatsoever about a serious illness of a fellow human being, let alone someone he rehearsed and played with just 3 years ago. Oh well, I don't know what Bill Ward thinks and says in private, but this was a public interview and I don't like the lack of reaction shown.
                        Get over it. I know Bill - he's a great human being. Just because you didn't see the precise combination of words an interview does not mean you know what's going on in the man's head, much less have the right to give him shit over it. Besides, that's not what this thread is about anyway.
                        Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                        View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

I look forward to these - I have both of his albums and enjoy them. I think Keith Lynch is a fine guitar player.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

I have yet to hear from one person that knows or knew Bill Ward that would say a bad word about him - that's rather rare and very telling, I think.

Comment

I would pay $20 bucks to just hear a recording of Ward jamming improv' on his drumkit. Come on Bill play some drums again!!!!!!!!

"So if you want to know where I've been hiding all these years, follow the tears.. follow the tears.."

Comment

3 albums seems like alot...wouldnt that much material recorded in 1 year sound too similar..like when metallica released load then reload the next year...maybe not but I'll probly atleast give the 1st one a shot.
                              My Rock, Alternative, and Metal review page:

http://deadrockanthem.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X