limited edition dio boxset for sale on his own site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• limited edition dio boxset for sale on his own site

you may or may not have seen on the official Dio website but there is a limited edition (1500 signed copies) of a boxset available.

contents include :

killing the dragon cd
    evil or divine dvd/cd
    cd single of new song "elektra"

some other stuff i can't quite remember offhand.

i got mine, 38 sterling including p@p, about $50.

a nice collectable, who knows how much new dio stuff there's ever going to be now (i hope there is more obviously).

Awesome! I just bought mine! Ofcourse I got the KTD and EOD already but I'm really interested in hearing Electra...when in the hell did he have the time to record that anyways? Inbetween his chemos? Man does Ronnie rock big time or what!??!

Long live rock 'n roll and Ronnie James Dio!

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
      Awesome! I just bought mine! Ofcourse I got the KTD and EOD already but I'm really interested in hearing Electra...when in the hell did he have the time to record that anyways? Inbetween his chemos? Man does Ronnie rock big time or what!??!

Long live rock 'n roll and Ronnie James Dio!
      it was recorded before the disease was known I think!

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

anyway, thanks for the info!, I just got mine!

Comment

Just bought mine too. Was wonderin' if they're not sold out already, and if the money made from this box set goes to funding RJD's cancer treatment (Which is well worth my money, nevermind getting a new song, still am excited about that though!) Also nice to get the Killing The Dragon CD in it, seeing as that one was still missing from my DIO collection, though I already have the Evil Or Divine CD/DVD doublepack.

Comment

WARNING: WONT WORK IN THE US!!! From the Dio official site:

Please note on the Tournado Box Set offer... 2/21/2010 2:00:52 PM

We test drove the Tournado Box Set, and in doing so, realized that the DVD is formatted in PAL format, and as such, will not play on US DVD players.

We apologize to the US and Japanese fans for this oversight, but these box sets were made for the European tour which was cancelled, and we did not realize that they would play in the US until we actually tried to play it.

Comment

That's not really an issue anymore...most dvd players play both as well as tv's...and computers will play them anyways.

Comment

I cant wait to hear "Elektra"!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon_Knight View Post
                I cant wait to hear "Elektra"!
                Anyone got the Box set yet ?
                www.distant-past.ch
                www.emerald.ch

Comment

no, but I'm one ocean away. In any case, my Dio friends in the US haven't got it yet either

Comment

I ordered mine around 8 days ago and still didnt receive it yet ! Its such a collective item for old freak fans as myself , having it number and signed just makes it even better ! hope someone could post some pics as soon as he gets his hand on a copy !

P.S - Elecktra was recorded before Dio's tour got cancelled and they were intending to release it for fans during the tour on a certain format , anyway I believe a huge portion of Magica II-III have been already been recorded and Ronnie mentioned that there will be guest vocals on the double album as Doro & Geoff Tate !
                    Last edited by IRON-MaN; 03-03-2010, 06:43 AM.

Comment

I'm not even expecting it yet...It will take it's time to arrive, and I assume Wendy has a lot on her plate right now, so lets give her some time...

I do wonder how much of the album did get done, and when will Ronnie and the guys get a chance to finish it...since most of the summer H&H will be on the road again...gotta say, one cannot but be amazed by the spirit of Ronnie and his devotion to the fans..most people would have taken the year off...but not Ronnie...

Comment

Source: http://ronniejamesdio.com/

Tournado Box Set Update 3/7/2010 5:34:14 PM

We received such an overwhelming response to the Tournado Box set purchase offer, that we got a little behind on shipping. Please know that we are working hard to get your package shipped out to you, and if you have not yet received it yet, it will be on its way very soon. We appreciate your patience.

Comment

I'm not much of a Dio band fan but I'm thinking of buying Tournado since it's basically his swan song. I'm concerned it's PAL format. I know it wont play in the USA. Is a multiregion DVD player expensive? Do I need to upgrade the TV as well?

Comment

Originally posted by BunnyPink View Post
                            I'm not much of a Dio band fan but I'm thinking of buying Tournado since it's basically his swan song. I'm concerned it's PAL format. I know it wont play in the USA. Is a multiregion DVD player expensive? Do I need to upgrade the TV as well?
                            you can watch it on your pc!

Comment

Thanks! I placed the order. If this is a European release it probably wont come with a shrinkwrapp but I hope it does. When I bought the Castle "fake" Black Box it was full of fingerprints and it was suposedly new.

Comment

Working...
                              X