limited edition dio boxset for sale on his own site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BunnyPink View Post
    I'm not much of a Dio band fan but I'm thinking of buying Tournado since it's basically his swan song. I'm concerned it's PAL format. I know it wont play in the USA. Is a multiregion DVD player expensive? Do I need to upgrade the TV as well?
    i don't think this box set will be his swansong. people who know a lot more than me are saying that a lot of magica 2 and 3 have been recorded but who knows?. hopefully they will appear after the latest Heaven and Hell tour has been done. no doubt there will also be some more live stuff fron dio and H@H. given a full recovery there is plenty of scope for more dio-music to be released!.

no sign of my Tournado boxset either, it'll arrive when it arrives. i'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Comment

http://www.dvdexploder.com/

From the site: "This service has been created to free players from domestic region locks, added by manufacturers to control movie distribution. This is achieved by tapping one of our simple DVD codes into your machine using its remote control. Once the DVD unlock has been entered, your player will become region free. Multi-region unlock codes will free the power of your machine and allow you play movies from anywhere in the world - in seconds. No software, chipping or burning need be used that would otherwise invalidate your warranty. DVDExploder ensures a first class experience, offering personal DVD code research and rapid customer service. We describe ourselves as 'Number One' in the DVD remote control codes industry. See for yourself today."

Caveat: I have not tried this.

All the best,
      PAULIE
      http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UoulA6r90n...ill%2Bward.JPG

Comment

I got a notficiation that my box set is shipped and its on the way ( along with a tracking number as well !) expecting it very soon ! cant wait !

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie 88 View Post
          http://www.dvdexploder.com/

From the site: "This service has been created to free players from domestic region locks, added by manufacturers to control movie distribution. This is achieved by tapping one of our simple DVD codes into your machine using its remote control. Once the DVD unlock has been entered, your player will become region free. Multi-region unlock codes will free the power of your machine and allow you play movies from anywhere in the world - in seconds. No software, chipping or burning need be used that would otherwise invalidate your warranty. DVDExploder ensures a first class experience, offering personal DVD code research and rapid customer service. We describe ourselves as 'Number One' in the DVD remote control codes industry. See for yourself today."

Caveat: I have not tried this. PAULIE
          It's only for computers and you have to pay for the software, it's less expensive to buy a region free player but thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
            I got a notficiation that my box set is shipped and its on the way ( along with a tracking number as well !) expecting it very soon ! cant wait !
            me not yet! And I ordered within a few hours of it becoming available

Comment

Originally posted by nunoni View Post
              me not yet! And I ordered within a few hours of it becoming available
              I actually received mine yesterday on my U.S address , however iam still waiting for it to be forwarded all here to me here in Dubai ! probably you will receive your by today , tommorrow or early next week max !

Comment

Could someone post a few photos of what it looks like. The photo on the Dio site only shows the artwork but not the contents, size, etc... My guess is that it will be a pullout box something around half the size of Rules of Hell. It could also be a digipack but I doubt it since there are supposedly three discs - Or perhaps a huge box like the old "CD Collection Limited Edition".

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                  I actually received mine yesterday on my U.S address , however iam still waiting for it to be forwarded all here to me here in Dubai ! probably you will receive your by today , tommorrow or early next week max !
                  well I don't have a track number either, so I guess it will take a little onger than that, anyway, it doesn't matter that much since Electra was released.

Comment

yes! Now it's on its way!

Comment

Yippiee! Mine is on it's way now too! Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                        Yippiee! Mine is on it's way now too! Can't wait!
                        let's see if it reaches first snowy Suomi or sunny Lisboa

Comment

Okay! Let the race begin!

Comment

Originally posted by BunnyPink View Post
                            It's only for computers and you have to pay for the software, it's less expensive to buy a region free player but thanks for the info.
                            I have seen other "free codes" listed elsewhere, I was just grabbing the first such example when I Google'd it. Also, this is, in fact, for free-standing players, not computers (does your computer have a remote?).

All the best,
                            PAULIE
                            http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UoulA6r90n...ill%2Bward.JPG

Comment

Got mine today. Here's a couple of grainy cell phone pics:

grainy cell phone pics

One interesting thing, when I was importing the Electra single into iTunes, it identified as Unforgiven by Metallica lol. It plays Electra, though.
                              gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

Is there any way to check on the status for my order? I paid 7 days ago but the website doesn't have a place to check the status. I'm eagerly waiting for some sort of communication but there's nothing but silence from Ninji.

Thanks for posting the pix. The set looks classy. Very cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X