Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OliRocks View Post
    Hey Guys

Mine arrived on Saturday and I got number 150. If any of you guys are members of the Dio forum could you stick your box set numbers over there as I am trying to track where the sets are ending up.

Cheers

Oli
    which Dio forum? The official one or the DMB? The official is pretty useless, last time I changed pc and with it the password was gone I never managed to get it back, not even by sending admin a pm, so I just gave up on it.

Comment

I still don't have mine. I've received a couple emails from the record company asking me if I still want it and trying to discourage me from the purchase "Only works in Europe" bla, bla. I think they oversold and are out. The ebay price already shot up to $200. I hope I didn't miss the boat on this one.

Comment

I haven't gotten mine yet either...I fear that it has gotten lost in the mail....It's been a long time since it was sent....

Not really worried about the money, knowing it goes straight to Ronnie so that really doesn't matter but not getting the item itself...that pisses me off, this was a very special thing.

Comment

one thing, I ordered a few hours after it was announced, so maybe they are shipping by order?

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
            Oh bugger!

I hope mine will arrive this week too then. Can't wait!
            Charger, did you get yours already, a Finnish friend from Helsinki just told me he got his!

Comment

Nope, didn't get it...I'm seriously thinking it's lost in the mail...damn it! But I still hold a little hope it might come this week...pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!

Comment

If this DVD is PAL region 2 then it WILL NOT play on a US or Jap TV!!
                You can play it on a pc but you will only be able to change your region a few times!!
                In Europe (region 2) TV's and DVD players are multi-region (PAL & NTSC) compatible to accommodate both the Japanese and European (All region 2 markets) In the US (Region 1) there is only one image standard NTSC so the TV's and DVD players will not play PAL!!
                Also Europe uses 240v 50hz mains as opposed to the us 120v 60hz mains, this also has an effect! In conclusion the Europeans can play US DVD's the US cannot play European DVD's, and for the most part why would they...DVD's are released sooner in the US, have extra features and are cheaper!! That's why I had to sell ALL my DVD's when I moved from England to California!

Comment

Originally posted by Ellbery View Post
                  You can play it on a pc but you will only be able to change your region a few times!!
                  What do you mean you can only change the region a few times? Why can't you play it in your computer a bunch of times?

Comment

That's not true at all. You can play both region dvd's as many times as you want on you computer, you just need to have a region free software, and almost all are nowadays...I think only some really old softwares might have some restrictions, but I haven't had those in years and years.

Also as stated here many many times before, most new tv's and dvd's have both standards already built in, both PAL and NTSC...same with region codes...and soon they will be extinct.

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                      That's not true at all. You can play both region dvd's as many times as you want on you computer, you just need to have a region free software, and almost all are nowadays...I think only some really old softwares might have some restrictions, but I haven't had those in years and years.

Also as stated here many many times before, most new tv's and dvd's have both standards already built in, both PAL and NTSC...same with region codes...and soon they will be extinct.
                      That's because you live in Europe!!
                      The hardware here in the US that plays DVD's typically is set to Region 1 NTSC. It can in most cases be changed but only a limited number of times. There may be exceptions especially in Europe because of the Japanese market being the same region. It's not the software!!
                      In the US (Which is a huge market) there is only standard NTSC Region 1. To be honest it's the NTSC which is the major problem and it (525 lines at 30fps) compared to PAL (625 lines at 25fps)
                      I'm not gonna get into a pissing contest but, I've lived in both regions and this is what I see today!!

On another note, the movie/tv industry is in no hurry to remove region coding, it makes them too much money!

Comment

There is no region code lock in computer dvd-drives. Not here and not in the US. The lock's are in the playing software....If you use software that came with the drive it is most likely region coded, but the internet is full of softwares that play all formats without any limitations and they're free!

I know this for a fact from few years ago already when I dealt with some US import dvd drives. They didn't play PAL with the original software but did play everything very nicely with other softwares even with Windows's own Media Player.

Ofcourse I cannot be 100% sure that this is the case with every single drive, but as much as I do know having been a computer tech by profession, in most cases it is.

But indeed you are probably right, the movie/music marketing isn't going to end the region coding, I'm just saying it doesn't mean as much anymore as it did before since in lot cases with a lot of drives and players and tvs it doesn't matter anymore...

But enoughs enough about this.
                        Last edited by Charger; 04-07-2010, 03:29 PM.

Comment

For those of you that received the box set can you clarify the contents. From what I understand there are 4 disks (CD KTD, CD Evl or Divine, CD w/1 song Electra, DVD (PAL) Evil or Dvne) In addition there are DIO cards and the Limited Edition Certificate. Does the set have a booklet? How many Dio cards?

Comment

4 disks - cd and dvd in one jewel case, cd in another jewel case, cd single in a sleeve

4 cards

cert of authenticity with sig

No booklet.
                            gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

The Hub confirmed there are less than 100 units left. My take is that by now they are sold out. You might still get lucky but if you haven't ordered you missed the boat. I'm still waiting for mine..

Comment

Well I think it's official that mine got lost in the mail somewhere...god only knows where, how and why...well the why part is easy, postal services suck major ass!

This pisses me off!

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Just after I posted that I went to my mail box and look and behold what was in it...a package from Niji!!!!!

I suppose it was just lost for a while and finally found its way to home. It took 1 day short of a full month to get here in Finland from California... Better late than ever!

What a grat package, awesome pictures of the band and Ronnie, really sharp and the certificate is indeed signed by Ronnie himself authenticating my number 187.

I was very surprised that Electra has Doug Aldrich on guitar, I thought it would be Craig, but I suppose this was recorded just before the tour was supposed to start...Craig should handle the guitar duties for the album(s) though I hope.
                                The song itself is very good, and is clearly a part of Magica, very much the same sound. If the rest of the album is gonna be of this standard it will be a great record!
                                And Ronnie sounds just amazing once again.

Long Live Rock 'n Roll and Ronnie James Dio and Magica!

Comment

Working...
                                X