Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entire Scream in MySpace

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Thanks for posting! Going to listen to this later today after I finish up listening to a 2 hour Dio tribute on the House of Hair program. WRIF in Detroit is playing it this morning www.wrif.com
    "I can honestly say its truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by 62_SG View Post
      I think if you isolated the guitar tracks of a few BLS tracks and put them against the isolated guitar tracks of BLS they'd be similar. But I also think there is a big difference that comes from the rest of the band that affects the overall sound. I think the bass is a lot more forward and present in Black Rain than in BLS. I also think the structure of the verses are different. The melodies feel different. This is of course all my opinion and you have yours.
      Absolutely, I agree completely and that was what I meant too. I think their similarities stop after the guitar riffs and construction. The rhythm sections are two different entities and Kevin Churko creates a different type of studio vibe BLS has never had before. I just think Zakk's sound created a sludgier, mid tempo sound in Black Rain. There's a different type of amped up energy in Scream.
      ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

      Comment


      • #33
        Zakk always writes the same melody. Ozzy's melodies are much more inspired. I like Black Label. But Ozzy is in another level of songwriting and production. I love Black Rain but Scream is increadible!!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
          Absolutely, I agree completely and that was what I meant too. I think their similarities stop after the guitar riffs and construction. The rhythm sections are two different entities and Kevin Churko creates a different type of studio vibe BLS has never had before. I just think Zakk's sound created a sludgier, mid tempo sound in Black Rain. There's a different type of amped up energy in Scream.
          Yeah, everything in Scream sounds really tight, hard and energetic compared to Black Rain.

          Comment


          • #35
            Im very impressed with this new Ozzman recording, finally album which I like from beginning to the end. Great songs, riffs, production etc.

            Im glad he came back with so strong album!

            Comment


            • #36
              I am also loving this recording. My favorite Ozzy recording since Ozzmosis (which I love). The album is very heavy and I am loving Gus G.'s lead work. There is a great flow to the recording and the 2 "ballads" are really good and aren't sappy at all. The song structures are a little more thought out as well. The whole album from top to bottom is very solid.
              Religion won't save me
              The damage is done
              The future has ended
              Before it's begun
              - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

              Comment


              • #37
                Just bought it, I like it a lot so far. But then again, I like them all. The acoustic was a surprise on Life Won't Wait. It seems wrong not to have Zack there, but I like Gus's playing too.

                Now the wait begins for the next one...
                People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I think what people are forgetting is that Ozzy has a 'sound.' He's not going to do jazz, or hip hop, or soul music. He's going to do heavy metal music, in the vein of Ozzy.

                  I don't think any of the albums sound the same, except for maybe the later 80's albums. Ozzy sort of got into a pattern around the time of Bark At The Moon/The Ultimate Sin/No Rest For The Wicked, and those 3 albums sound very similar. But I don't see where you're getting that later Ozzy sounds repetitive; No More Tears sounds like Blizzard Of Ozz, only more 90s, Ozzmosis is an incredibly heavy record, Down To Earth is even heavier, and Black Rain is weaker than the other three.

                  My problem with Black Rain is that it sounds unfinished. It sounds like Ozzy went into the studio, threw down a bunch of half-assed ideas, and put out an unpolished album. It has no substance or depth, its only charm is that it's an Ozzy record. However, other than the vocals, it sounds more like an alternative rock band playing than Ozzy.

                  Scream is a return to form, because, once again, Ozzy found himself. He's back to the heavy metal music, and it sounds GOOD.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by RealityDream View Post
                    I think what people are forgetting is that Ozzy has a 'sound.' He's not going to do jazz, or hip hop, or soul music. He's going to do heavy metal music, in the vein of Ozzy.

                    I don't think any of the albums sound the same, except for maybe the later 80's albums. Ozzy sort of got into a pattern around the time of Bark At The Moon/The Ultimate Sin/No Rest For The Wicked, and those 3 albums sound very similar. But I don't see where you're getting that later Ozzy sounds repetitive; No More Tears sounds like Blizzard Of Ozz, only more 90s, Ozzmosis is an incredibly heavy record, Down To Earth is even heavier, and Black Rain is weaker than the other three.

                    My problem with Black Rain is that it sounds unfinished. It sounds like Ozzy went into the studio, threw down a bunch of half-assed ideas, and put out an unpolished album. It has no substance or depth, its only charm is that it's an Ozzy record. However, other than the vocals, it sounds more like an alternative rock band playing than Ozzy.

                    Scream is a return to form, because, once again, Ozzy found himself. He's back to the heavy metal music, and it sounds GOOD.
                    I agree to what you say.
                    http://www.facebook.com/cosmicchants
                    https://soundcloud.com/cosmicchants
                    http://www.myspace.com/cosmicchants

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I like this album quite a bit. In my opinion it's better than anything he's done since No More Tears. It's a huge improvement over Black Rain and I'm hoping that his next album will be even more of a return to form.
                      Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
                      Do you think of all the pain from your lies
                      Or do you deny, you're responsible
                      For the victims of the sins you devised

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I wasn't expecting much from this after hearing Let Me Hear You Scream which I still think is one of the weakest songs on the album. I listened to it a couple of weeks before release and it sounded OK to me. Yesterday, my dad bought this and I heard it two times yesterday and I really changed my opinion about it, overall it's good! Sure, a few weak tracks, but I think it's his best since Ozzmosis. I really wasn't expecting this!
                        http://www.last.fm/user/Gypsyroad

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          The iTunes bonus track, 'One More Time' is totally killer. 2 awesome solos in the song. Gus plays a lot like Randy.
                          Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
                          Do you think of all the pain from your lies
                          Or do you deny, you're responsible
                          For the victims of the sins you devised

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by SDMF Jon View Post
                            Anyone have the bonus tracks yet?

                            "One More Time" (iTunes Pre-Order Only)
                            "Jump The Moon" (Japanese Bonus Track)
                            Yet again plz.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by SDMF Jon View Post
                              Yet again plz.
                              I've got them. Someone loaded them on YouTube. Not the greatest quality but they're there. I'd love to have CD quality though. Just a couple fun, energetic songs. Check out the links below.

                              One More Time
                              Jump The Moon
                              Last edited by hipster doofus; 06-24-2010, 01:49 PM.
                              ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                                I've got them. Someone loaded them on YouTube. Not the greatest quality but they're there. I'd love to have CD quality though. Just a couple fun, energetic songs. Check out the links below.

                                One More Time
                                Jump The Moon
                                Cool, thanks. Can someone please convert to MP3? I tried w/my YouTube video downloader, but it wouldn't work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X