X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Iommi update

Update From Tony!

25th August 2010

I've been working in the studio this week with Mike Exeter, putting some ideas down for future projects. My mate Jasper Carrott popped by the studio the other day and we ended-up putting a song down together! It was just for fun but in true Jasper style he came up with some great comedy vocals!

- Tony

www.iommi.com
    http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Please, no...

Comment

Well nice to see Tony going forward after the tragedy...and having some fun! I think that is the best way to deal with this all...

Comment

Tony's a hard worker and a road dog, he won't stay pat for long, and he's not a wallower, death, divorce, breakups, he soldiers on... Mike E. has bene working with him for some time, this is good news, there will be new music, both from Tony and Sabbath, bet on it.
        "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

Comment

Dio too would like Tony to rock on...

KEEP ON MAKING NEW MUSIC FOR US, TONY IOMMI!!!
          "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Good to hear Iommi's back to the studio. I still don't think we'll hear anything new musically from him until next year though. He needs to have time to get people on board and write stuff for whatever he has in mind for his next project.
            Nobody will ever let you know
            When you ask the reason why
            They just tell you that you're on your own
            Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathfan78 View Post
              Good to hear Iommi's back to the studio. I still don't think we'll hear anything new musically from him until next year though. He needs to have time to get people on board and write stuff for whatever he has in mind for his next project.
              Just as long as the Carrott collaboration goes no further. (Childhood blighted by 'Funky Moped'.)

Comment

Originally posted by Trogg View Post
                Just as long as the Carrott collaboration goes no further. (Childhood blighted by 'Funky Moped'.)
                Hehe, it already happened - do you remember Carrott performing Paranoid with Black Sabbath (or was it just Iommi?) at the end of one of his TV shows?

...had a quick look on you tube, but can't find it .

EDIT: I did a bit of searching on google (although it's probably elsewhere on this very site!) and found it was the band known as Belch with Bev Bevan on drums ..this performance took place back in the Tony Martin era. However, I also found this, which refers to a far more recent gathering of the line-up http://blogs.sundaymercury.net/bev-b...cker-with.html (although they didn't perform wih Carrott that particular night) - so maybe your nightmare really is the future
                Last edited by Totentanz; 08-27-2010, 11:02 AM.
                I don't need wings to reach the sky
                And I don't need hands to hold you tight...
                ~~~ Coroner ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Totentanz View Post
                  Hehe, it already happened - do you remember Carrott performing Paranoid with Black Sabbath (or was it just Iommi?) at the end of one of his TV shows?

...had a quick look on you tube, but can't find it .

EDIT: I did a bit of searching on google (although it's probably elsewhere on this very site!) and found it was the band known as Belch with Bev Bevan on drums ..this performance took place back in the Tony Martin era. However, I also found this, which refers to a far more recent gathering of the line-up http://blogs.sundaymercury.net/bev-b...cker-with.html (although they didn't perform wih Carrott that particular night) - so maybe your nightmare really is the future
                  Thanks so much for that link. Something in me just died...(assumes foetal position, weeping uncontrollably)

Comment

Originally posted by Trogg View Post
                    Please, no...
                    ?????????????

Comment

Originally posted by fishtowner View Post
                      ?????????????
                      Jasper Carrott - Funky Moped:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKnoffPV8m0

This man has already performed with Iommi on British televison.

This is the future
                      I don't need wings to reach the sky
                      And I don't need hands to hold you tight...
                      ~~~ Coroner ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Totentanz View Post
                        Jasper Carrott - Funky Moped:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKnoffPV8m0

This man has already performed with Iommi on British televison.

This is the future
                        Yep, it's a slippery slope all right. Phrases like 'end-of-pier' and 'panto' keep going round my mind. He's behind you...

Nightmares can come true, people.

Comment

This moped song is awesome!

Comment

What´s wrong with this Carrott? Even if there is humor in the lyrics, whats the problem? Humor isnt forbidden in music. It would be great if a new album would be released, no matter who sings.

Comment

Originally posted by Gijscoman View Post
                              What´s wrong with this Carrott? Even if there is humor in the lyrics, whats the problem? Humor isnt forbidden in music. It would be great if a new album would be released, no matter who sings.
                              I guess you would have to have been a British teenager during the '70s to get that one! Carrott covers so many shades of 'naff'. He did a few good comedy specials for BBC TV back in the '80s, but otherwise...

Comment

Working...
                              X