Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your top 5 vocalist choices for a possible NEW Iommi & Geezer project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your top 5 vocalist choices for a possible NEW Iommi & Geezer project.

Alright, thought this might be fun to see everyones *top 5* choices for singers for an ever possible new Iommi & Geezer project. Let's keep it to vocalists that are alive, and able to perform. The sky's the limit other then that, and keeping it to 5 choices. (At least try to keep it at 5 or so)

Here's mine in no particular order.
    1- Tony Martin
    2- Robert Lowe (Solitude Aeturnus/Candlemass)
    3- Ian Astbury (The Cult)
    4- Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth (OverKill)
    5- Geoff Tate (Queensryche)
    Words laced with blasphemy, drip with sincerity. Falling into the plan, like sacrificial lambs. Hearing the words, and said rings like nail to the head. Now I can see the stars, I know we have gone too far.
    - OverKill, "Horrorscope"

Scott Weinrich would be cool, but I really don't see that as ever being realistic....

Back to earth here, probably Hughes
    http://wickedinquisition.bandcamp.com/

Comment

1. Tony Martin
      2. Ian Gillan
      3. Ozzy
      4. Glenn Hughes
      5. Jorn Lande
      Originally Posted by Monster Boy

Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

Comment

Tony iommi!

Comment

Going off his Solo album for singers

#1) Skin- she has been my number one choice to work with Tony ever since I heard "Meat".
          #2) Serj Tankian- loved "Patterns", an album filled with this could be incredible.
          #3) Billy Corgan- voices tell me strike the match and burn it all to hell, voices tell me I could watch if I promise not to tell. (Dark, Heavy, Disturbing)
          #4) Phil Anselmo- not my favorite vocalist- probably not in my top 50, but his 2 songs with Tony work for me. His voice has the right sound for Iommi/Butler.
          #5) Dave Grohl- Maybe Tony and Geezer experience a bit of commercial success.
          #5A) Chris Cornell- Maybe 2 bits of commercial success while re-igniting Doom Metal for the masses. Cornell's voice could make this happen. His voice alone, is another instrument in a band.

I would love to see Glenn Hughes, but his "Funky" approach and Geezer's "Thunder" approach may not be able to find a way to mesh, let alone mesh with Tony. If it works, then Glenn would be right there for #1 with Skin.
          The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
          The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
          As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
          We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Comment

1. Ozzy
            2. Ozzy
            3. Ozzy
            4. Ozzy
            5. Ozzy

Sorry, I really want one more Sabbath record with the original lineup. I will support all lineups of course but that is what I am really hoping for.
            Religion won't save me
            The damage is done
            The future has ended
            Before it's begun
            - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
              1. Ozzy
              2. Ozzy
              3. Ozzy
              4. Ozzy
              5. Ozzy

Sorry, I really want one more Sabbath record with the original lineup. I will support all lineups of course but that is what I am really hoping for.
              THIS.

MAYBE Phil Anselmo, but definitely NOT as a Black Sabbath album. Ozzy or fucking bust, on that front.

Comment

1. Tony Martin my second choice for all time favourite vocalist after Dio /R i P/

2. Andy Engberg /Section A, Lions Share/ - similar vocal range to Tony Martin. Very powerfull and emotional. If you've listened debut Lion's Share album you know what i mean.

3. Mats Leven /Krux/ - a man born for making DOOM metal!
                Last edited by dioivanov; 10-15-2010, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dioivanov View Post

3. Mats Leven /Krux/
                  I like that! I really like that a lot actually. He's got a fairly distinctive voice with a good range and enough gravel to please those who doesn't want another "power metal" singer or a Hughes/Rodgers type of singer.

Anyway here's what I'd like:

1. Paul Rodgers.

Still my main pick! Out of all the rock singers from the 70's, I think his voice has held up the best. He has a great bluesy voice and I think him and Iommi and Butler could create something special if they got back together.

2. Bernie Shaw

Another great singer who's close to Butler and Iommi in age and still has a very impressive voice. He's probably too busy with Uriah Heep though.

3. Mats Leven

Because it's a fantastic suggestion! Hell I think I'll go put on some Krux right now

4. Glenn Hughes

I'd probably rank him higher if it wasn't for Geezer Butler. Hughes does prefer to play bass himself (even though he's a cracking front man when he doesn't) and I'd prefer Iommi and Butler to stay together.

5. Robert Halford

Because him and Butler and Iommi really should do something together at some point
                  http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

This is to keep in mind that this will not be a Black Sabbath album.

1. Tim "Ripper" Owens (without a doubt the best metal singer out there right now, his versatility would make him an awesome fit with this. He can scream he can growl, and anything in between.
                    2. Tony Martin (This would be great, but this would never ever never happen)
                    3. Rob Lowe (he would be great, his voice has a lot of depth, he also brought Candlemass to a whole new level with his singing talent)
                    4. Phil Anselmo (He has improved as a singer a whole lot since the Pantera days...his singing with Down has been great at times and I know he could deliver)
                    5. Several different vocalists (Like Tony did with his first solo album...this might be interesting idea.)

Comment

1. Ozzy
                      2. Ozzy
                      3. Ozzy
                      4. Ozzy
                      5. Ozzy

Just my words!!!

If not:

King Diamond!!
                      You work your life away and what do they give?
                      You're only killing yourself to live?

Comment

One more album? Well, they should take all the unreleased material they have with Dio, which should be at least half an album, and release that.

Otherwise, Ozzy of course, what's the doubt? He just proved he can still deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Kenneth View Post

2. Bernie Shaw

Another great singer who's close to Butler and Iommi in age and still has a very impressive voice. He's probably too busy with Uriah Heep though.

3. Mats Leven

Because it's a fantastic suggestion! Hell I think I'll go put on some Krux right now

:

I have to admit that Bernie has a good voice , altho im not into Uriah Heep's music.

I am going to put on KRUX too... because its a killer stuff!

Comment

Rob Halford
                            Tony Martin
                            Ian Gillen
                            Ozzy
                            Boy George
                            Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Originally posted by Never Satisfied View Post
                              Boy George
                              How come I dind't think of this one!

Comment