Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your fav Dio album?

Holy Diver!

One of the best album's ever as well, and the cover is just one of the best.

I don't know, Dio albums usually fit a mood that I'm in. Each time is something different. I'd say Dream Evil is definitely up there in the running for favorite. I really, really like Magica too. Holy Diver of course, classic.
    ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

The Last In Line, plays like a greatest hits album. Great album. After that its Holy Diver and Master of The Moon.
      "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
      http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Comment

1. The Last in Line
        2. Holy Diver
        3. Sacred Heart

Comment

Holy Diver
          The Last In Line
          Dream Evil

Comment

Dream Evil
            Magica
            Holy Diver
            "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Holy Diver
              Last In Line
              Strange Highways

I think all three albums are just amazing but Holy Diver is one of the best albums ever released, so it is my favorite.
              Religion won't save me
              The damage is done
              The future has ended
              Before it's begun
              - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

Is this even a competition? Holy Diver is the best.
                Last in Line and Dream Evil are 2nd and 3rd place. After Dream Evil, Dio's studio albums were kind of spotty, and alot weren't that good, but Lock Up the Wolves and Magica are the best from that era.

For live albums, definitely Dio At Donington.
                My Rock, Alternative, and Metal review page:

http://deadrockanthem.blogspot.com/

Comment

Strange Highways by a landslide for me. Killing the Dragon, The Last in line then the Diver to follow.
                  The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
                  The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
                  As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
                  We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Comment

RIDE THE TIGER! \m/

Comment

Originally posted by IommiRules View Post
                      Strange Highways by a landslide for me. Killing the Dragon, The Last in line then the Diver to follow.
                      Even though he killed off the Who in the Hurt/Heal game today, I find myself twice agreeing with Iommi Rules today (the first was in thinking to recommend Stevie Ray Vaughan for the Hurt/Heal game #11).

I like Strange Highways.
                      How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                      --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

All of the albums have a special place in my heart...I'm not sure I could pick one...

But Holy Diver, Strange Highways and Magica are the top ones for me. The Last In Line has some really great tracks especially the epic masterpiece Egypt (The Chains Are On) but it also has some not so good ones, Mystery, Eat Your Heart Out and Breathless...

Killing The Dragon is also a brilliant record which is rather strange since Aldrich was the least fitting guitarrist for Dio...but the album is brilliant...Doug's live playing was where the problems started to occur.

Comment

Originally posted by Franklin View Post
                          Even though he killed off the Who in the Hurt/Heal game today, I find myself twice agreeing with Iommi Rules today (the first was in thinking to recommend Stevie Ray Vaughan for the Hurt/Heal game #11).

I like Strange Highways.
                          Sorry about The Who thing man, just never got into them as a whole. Several all time great songs (Baba O'Riley, See Me, 5:15), but never really my thing. Glad to see you put Stevie up in the H&H challenge though.
                          The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
                          The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
                          As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
                          We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Comment

Dio is my favorite Sabbath singer.

That being said, I hated, HATED, HATED his solo albums until Magica. Not only is Magica his greatest work in my humble opinion, but to me it's one of the very best albums made by anyone ever. Only after digesting this album could I really appreciate some (definitely not all) of his other works in hindsight. I do particularly appreciate the piss-and-vinegar of Holy Diver these days - But nothing beats Magica to me. I've said it many times: MAGICA is the best Sabbath album Sabbath never made.

All the best,
                            PAULIE
                            http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UoulA6r90n...ill%2Bward.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
                              Holy Diver
                              Last In Line
                              Strange Highways

I think all three albums are just amazing but Holy Diver is one of the best albums ever released, so it is my favorite.
                              ^^ This. Those are the 3 Dio albums I really like.
                              I don't need wings to reach the sky
                              And I don't need hands to hold you tight...
                              ~~~ Coroner ~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X