Tony Iommi / Ian Gillan Charity Song Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Iommi / Ian Gillan Charity Song Update

Joe, you announced this Sep. 28th 2010, not a word has come out in months, any update, or was this a big hoax? How could 1 song take so long?
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

It should be out soon. Here is an article from Oct 2010 that says the song is done and just needs to be mixed.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/1...p-for-charity/
    The time it is coming when all life will end,
    With doomsday approaching to hell we'll descend.
    Religion won't save me, the damage is done.
    The future has ended before it's begun.

Comment

Originally posted by Hell_Awaits View Post
      It should be out soon. Here is an article from Oct 2010 that says the song is done and just needs to be mixed.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/1...p-for-charity/
      Thanks, but Oct was 6 months ago.. there must be some legal crap they have to finalize or something. A song can be mixed in 15 minutes.
      "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
      R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
        Thanks, but Oct was 6 months ago.. there must be some legal crap they have to finalize or something. A song can be mixed in 15 minutes.
        Takes a little bit longer than that. But certainly in an afternoon. Doesn't take too long though. I'm sure its done, just waiting for them to decide when they want it released. Probably alot of procrastination going on.
        "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
        http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Comment

I wonder if there's an issue with the charity, legalities or something? Would be nice if those involved put out a statement on what's holding things up.
          R. Blackmore

Comment

I was under the impression that this was one song from a collection of songs to be assembled as an album, with other artists doing the other songs.... which would be a large project.

Comment

Originally posted by fondula View Post
              I was under the impression that this was one song from a collection of songs to be assembled as an album, with other artists doing the other songs.... which would be a large project.
              I was thinking maybe this is what's delaying it as well. I'm not sure if there is going to be a full album, the article only mentions the one song.

"All proceeds from the upcoming single will go toward rebuilding a music school in Armenia that had been affected by the original disaster. No official release date has been set, but stay tuned for more details."

Comment

Originally posted by fondula View Post
                Hmm, I hadn't heard that, but maybe that's it, and your right, that would be a "project" vs just a song... I'm still surprised there's been no updates, since the intial press release was late Sep 2010..
                R. Blackmore

Comment

After seeing no news at all for months, I did read on Steve Hoffman's forum a post from someone who says he interviewed them for a Dutch magazine.

I never thought that Ian Gillan and Tony Iommi would ever work again after the Born Again album. But they do. In May 6th a 2 track single will come out, with two tracks Out Of My Mind/Holy Water. The project is called Who Cares.

The rest of the band consists of Jon Lord, Jason Newsted, Nicko McBrain and Mikko Lindstrom (HIM).

Last Friday I had the privilige to interview both Ian and Tony in London for an upcoming article in the Dutch rock/metal magazine Aardschok.

Of course I had to opportunity to listen to the new tracks, and all I can say is: wow! Two heavy, yet melodic tracks that do justice to all the talent involved.

And it's all for a good cause. Profits of the single will be used to build a music school in Armenia. A cause chosen by both Ian and Tony.

I don't care for autographs too much, but this occasion was too special to let pass. So at the end of the interview I pulled Born Again out of my bag, which both Ian and Tony were more than happy to sign. Note Ian's little remark - he obviously still hates the artwork, but he responded rather amused by the little surprise.

I have met both artists before and all I can say is both are gentlemen!

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/sh...d.php?t=246788

Sounds reasonable, and I hope it's true!

Comment

Thanks for the update buddy!

Sounds great! Can't wait for May!

Comment

Thx for the info, but I'm still skeptical, esp. since the info came from a forum response and a Danish interview when we haven't heard a peep since Set 2010..? Talk about stringing us along... maybe that's why Tony hasn't come out with any new news on his future plans, because they are way in the future.. like a year or more. That's ok, because I don't like hearing something about new music then 7-8 months later we're still waiting... I'll believe it when I hear it!
                      R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                        Thx for the info, but I'm still skeptical, esp. since the info came from a forum response and a Danish interview when we haven't heard a peep since Set 2010..? Talk about stringing us along... maybe that's why Tony hasn't come out with any new news on his future plans, because they are way in the future.. like a year or more. That's ok, because I don't like hearing something about new music then 7-8 months later we're still waiting... I'll believe it when I hear it!
                        I can understand that - after seeing that I checked black-sabbath.com, iommi.com, and gillan.com. Nothing. But he did say it was for an upcoming interview, so we will see.

Comment

It says on Ian's website that the songs will be released on May 6th 2011.

http://www.gillan.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Hell_Awaits View Post
                            It says on Ian's website that the songs will be released on May 6th 2011.

http://www.gillan.com/

that was not there this morning when I checked! That went up TODAY.

Comment

Originally posted by AngryHeart View Post
                              that was not there this morning when I checked! That went up TODAY.
                              It must have just went up this afternoon. The sound bite of the song sounds pretty cool.

Born Again II , to bad Gezzer is not playing on the tracks.

Comment

Working...
                              X