No announcement yet.

DIO Disciples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rly don't care much who sings it, as long as I get to hear some Dio songs live. "Man on the Silver Mountain" with ED3N (Jeff Fenholt as singer), anything with Jorn/Ripper, the more the better! So this is great news, if they stop by Stockholm, Sweden I will be there, no doubt.
    "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
    -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
    - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
    http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

Sounds incredibly cheesy, but I'm sure it'll be fun.

I'm not sure what to think about all this still. I actually blocked updates from the Dio page on Facebook. Every post is advertising some 'Super Secret Vault' merchandise at obnoxious prices. I'm all for keeping the man's music alive, but I don't see how that's being done with a $50 Dio baseball...

I'll be interested to see what these tickets go for. Congrats to Ripper for landing his 10,000th part time front man gig.
      ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

I'm noit interested in any of this. Dio Disciples? Oh please. I'd rather have a CD player in the stage playing any of Dio's live records.

Comment

I have the last Malmsteen cd with "Ripper" lol on it ! Anyone want it ! Its only got about 3inches of dust on it , his vocals are crap !
          The worst Sabbath era , is when theres NO Sabbath era !

Comment

My Prayers have been answered !
            I'd wish for these songs, my favorite songs of all time, to be preformed now and then.
            So here we go, I'd love to go out and see this band live and sing along with them, really they are the next best thing.
            So, I'm really grateful for that to happen.
            Where could we hear these songs otherwise ?
            www.distant-past.ch
            www.emerald.ch

Comment

Originally posted by evileye View Post
              Where could we hear these songs otherwise ?
              in your CD/ipod/turntable perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by dioslefthorn View Post
                Wendy is Ripper Owens Manager. ! Nuff said.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Oh yeah.. Dio Disciples can have Ripper

Sabbath ( Iommi ) can have Jorn .
                I like your thinking, my friend!

Originally posted by nunoni View Post
                I'm noit interested in any of this. Dio Disciples? Oh please. I'd rather have a CD player in the stage playing any of Dio's live records.
                True, but I don't mind this project. I think it's great that they give Dio a this kind of tribute, and this band's material deserves to be played live. But like I said on my previous post on this thead, I hope this is only a short time/side project and Goldy and co. start new projects creating new material and don't get caugh in the memories from the past. They are all well capable of writing good tunes on their own, and shouldn't spend the later part of their careers as a mere tribute act. Summary: The Dio's Disciples is a great side project, but I truly hope they have some original projects ready to be fired up on their agenda as well.
                "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Fantastic news. Tim Owens is easily the best singer going around these days who would actually be available and willing to do these tributes. You know his heart is in the right place as well, he payed a lot of respect to Dio, covering his tracks and praising him years before he even got sick...Jorn is a decent singer as well but I rate Tim higher.

Comment

i made some research about Toby:

Toby Jepson was singer in hair metal band Little Angels + solo albums
                    2007 - Fastway reunion ("Fast" Eddie Clarke from Motorhead band)
                    2008 - reunion of GUN 80-x hair metal band
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toby_Jepson

http://www.tobyjepson.com/ - IMO good samples

yesterday i heard some Little Angels's albums and i think it can be interesting for glam fans and some songs interesting for hard rock/heavy metal fans.

Very good voice, so it's not bad choice, but i prefer Tim Ripper voice as more thrash metal fan, then glam. But this guy (Toby) is interesting too.

Comment

The reactions to this thread are comical!! Everything from "My prayers Have Been answered!!" to "I'd rather sit in front of an empty stage and hear old DIO live albums." I saw Ripper live with Priest back in 2002. He lacks the cool Rock and Roll vibe that Rob has in his voice but goddamn he has the biggest loudest voice I have ever heard live. I'll go check this out if it comes anywhere near me.
                      Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

This is kind of interesting, possibly a "testing of the waters" to see if having the band record Ronnie's leftovers with Ripper is a worthwhile venture? Or a warmup to the release of that (possibly Magica 2/3 with Dio voice demos, Ripper, and Toby Jepson all doing different character roles or something)?

Comment

Originally posted by nunoni View Post
                          As long as is it's not that one with Tracy G. Puke! Puke!

Comment

what's trouble with Tracy G? IMO best Dio guitarist...

Comment

Originally posted by 666 View Post
                              what's trouble with Tracy G? IMO best Dio guitarist...
                              I wouldn't quite go that far, but, I am a HUGE fan of Strange Highways and the concert boots from the mid-90s. I love G's heavy, heavy riffing and Ronnie's brutally powerful vocals during this period.

Comment

I've never understood all the mindless Tracy G bashing either. Strange Highways is a great great album, with some of the most brutal riffs in the Dio history. Angry Machines was a bit of a letdown, but that too has some great tunes, namely Black, Institutional Man, Double Monday, Golden Rules, This Is Your Life and the masterful Hunter Of The Heart!

Tracy's live playing was interesting as well. He had his own unique style and he didn't compromise it. Also I really enjoyed his versions of the Dehumanizer songs, he made them even bit more brutal than Tony.
                                He's solos were very very different and I suppose he didn't have as much soloing skill as the other guitarrists...

Comment

Working...
                                X