No announcement yet.

DIO Disciples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracy G did very well with his own songs (and I love Angry Machines), but he butchered a lot of the old stuff, Don't talk to strangers a case in point.

Comment

I really digged the Tracy G lineups rendition of Mistreated.
      Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Based on the shows I've seen with Ripper (Judas Priest, Beyond Fear, Iced Earth, Yngwie Malmsteen, Hail! and his solo band), he's an okay singer but has absolutely ZERO charisma/stage presence. This makes him in my eyes the polar opposite of Dio. I would still go see this just for the curiosity value though.

Comment

I gotta disagree with that one.

Saw him with Hail! last year and Tim made it feel like a personal party...he has zero attitude and overall nice guy and he just talked to all like we were best of friends just having fun. To me that is stage presence too. That is actually very similar to Ronnie...but to each his own I suppose.

Comment

Of course Ripper doesn't have the same charisma like Dio or Halford...because he's been known to the world for only 13 years so far. But still, for me personally, Ripper HAS a charisma of his own because I love the music he's been involved in & his high-caliber performance. When I see Ripper on the stage, I know a serious payload of metal is coming out in mere seconds...

Look, I was almost afraid when it was announced that Ripper is going to be the next singer for YJM. I was like "fuck, he's a dangerous metal singer, is he going to be too vicious for the YJM classics?!?". But man, Ripper delivered a great show with YJM back in 2008 (Rockperry, Vaasa). I can tell you he did a great job and I never lie about my favourite stuff. I can also tell you Ripper made a fantastic jamming move when he howled the riff of the classic "Green Manalishi" for us Priest fans...that was a short but sweet moment back then!

I'm definitely waiting - dying - to hear Ripper give his absolute best for the songs & honour of Dio this summer. Ripper more than deserves to be there with the guys of Dio, performing the classics he loves. Ripper has earned his place there. They didn't choose him for nothing. Ripper has my support, he's a great METAL singer.
            "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Charisma

Originally posted by Relic View Post
              Based on the shows I've seen with Ripper (Judas Priest, Beyond Fear, Iced Earth, Yngwie Malmsteen, Hail! and his solo band), he's an okay singer but has absolutely ZERO charisma/stage presence. This makes him in my eyes the polar opposite of Dio. I would still go see this just for the curiosity value though.
              I would agree, but would add that what Ronnie put forth was a sense of kindness and love for his fans. You could tell he really cared about his fans from the way he spoke to them, the gratitude he always demonstrated. Although his music and voice was strong he always had a gentle demeanor about him.

Comment

The first set of Tour Dates have been announced!

Wed 6/08 Moscow, Russia, A2 Club
                Thu 6/09 St. P...etersburg, Russia Kosmonayt
                Fri 6/10 Tampere, Finland Sauna Open Air Festival
                Sat 6/11 East Midlands, UK Download Festival
                Sun 6/12 Newcastle, UK Academy
                Tue 6/14 Glasgow, Scotland Garage
                Wed 6/15 Wolverhampton, UK Sleigh Rooms
                Thu 6/16 Manchester, UK Academy 2
                Fri 6/17 London, UK Islington Academy
                Sun 6/19 Uden, Netherlands De Pul
                Mon 6/20 Aschafensburg, Germany Colos Saal
                Tue 6/21 Hamburg, Germany Markthalle
                Wed 6/22 Berlin, Germany C Club
                Fri 6/24 Dessel, Belgium Graspop
                Sat 6/25 Bochum, Germany Matrix
                Mon 6/27 Vienna, Austria Szene Wien
                Tue 6/28 Lucerne, Switzerland Konzerthaus Schuur

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                  The first set of Tour Dates have been announced!

Wed 6/08 Moscow, Russia, A2 Club
                  Thu 6/09 St. P...etersburg, Russia Kosmonayt
                  Fri 6/10 Tampere, Finland Sauna Open Air Festival
                  Sat 6/11 East Midlands, UK Download Festival
                  Sun 6/12 Newcastle, UK Academy
                  Tue 6/14 Glasgow, Scotland Garage
                  Wed 6/15 Wolverhampton, UK Sleigh Rooms
                  Thu 6/16 Manchester, UK Academy 2
                  Fri 6/17 London, UK Islington Academy
                  Sun 6/19 Uden, Netherlands De Pul
                  Mon 6/20 Aschafensburg, Germany Colos Saal
                  Tue 6/21 Hamburg, Germany Markthalle
                  Wed 6/22 Berlin, Germany C Club
                  Fri 6/24 Dessel, Belgium Graspop
                  Sat 6/25 Bochum, Germany Matrix
                  Mon 6/27 Vienna, Austria Szene Wien
                  Tue 6/28 Lucerne, Switzerland Konzerthaus Schuur
                  hope they announce some North American dates.
                  "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
                  http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Comment

Originally posted by danielb View Post
                    There is no one out there who can Dio as well as he can,
                    Well, Nils Patrik Johansson is so much better as a Dio clone (in Astral Doors) still being original and fresh (in Wuthering Heights).

But in my opinion Apollo Papathanasio would be an ultimate singer for that project. He's like a cross between Dio and Paul Rodgers, so Jepson would not be needed on that tour.
                    Last edited by ChapaczNorek; 05-08-2011, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChapaczNorek View Post
                      Well, Nils Partik Johansson is so much better as a Dio clone (in Astral Doors) still being original and fresh (in Wuthering Heights).

But in my opinion Apollo Papathanasio would be an ultimate singer for that project. He's like a cross between Dio and Paul Rodgers, so Jepson would not be needed on that tour.
                      You'd be dead on if they where looking for a Dio clone. Obviously they aren't as they decided to go with Ripper.
                      "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
                      http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Comment

DORO Pesch will be joining the Dio Disciples for couple of dates in Spain because Tim can't take part due to personal reasons!!!

I'm sure she'll do a great job!

Comment

I do not agree with thier whole gimmick!

Dio was using Doug Aldrich already to record Electra!
                          www.reverbnation.com/sungod4

www.facebook/curseofdisobedience

www.reverbnation.com/clawhammer1 and www.reverbnation.com/blackmountainthunder

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteSabbath View Post
                            Dio was using Doug Aldrich already to record Electra!
                            Because Craig Goldy was unable to attend since he was on tour with another band at the time...Doug was going to also play for the winter tour but Craig was never out of the band he just had other commitments at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MH1986 View Post
                              You'd be dead on if they where looking for a Dio clone. Obviously they aren't as they decided to go with Ripper.
                              Yeah, I know. But if they are going to make an album (http://www.iwantrock.com/ripper-owens-to-replace-dio "(...) the band is planning on recording previously unreleased material (...)") I hope that they do it as Dio Disciples but not only with Owens (and Jepson) but they can invite some other great voices like Jorn, Johansson, Papathanasio, Messiah Marcolin, Rob Lowe etc. for example. Ya know, It would be an ultimate tribute to Ronnie with the greatest vocalist among his disciples.

Comment

Doro Pesch would do a great tribute! if a tribute was what that was. craig was out touring with Budgie. I am aware of this. I am also aware that everytime Dio wanted a dvd to sound great Doug was brought in.

Evil Or Devine
                                Holy diver!

Killing the dragon brought Dio back!
                                Last edited by WhiteSabbath; 05-08-2011, 08:27 PM.
                                www.reverbnation.com/sungod4

www.facebook/curseofdisobedience

www.reverbnation.com/clawhammer1 and www.reverbnation.com/blackmountainthunder

Comment

Working...
                                X