• Show
Clear All

• 8bit Fighter
    replied
    Check this out:

Leave a comment:

• kamikazetom
    replied
    Just curious if any Dallas Tx board members are going to see the Dio's Disciples show on Sunday (10/9) at Trees? My wife & I will be there

Leave a comment:

• Pink Led Rush
    replied
    Originally posted by Hell_Awaits View Post
    Are you sure about that? I've seen video of Martin singing "Children of the Sea" on one of his solo tours.
    Yes, but he has said that that is one of his favorite songs of all time.

Leave a comment:

• Hell_Awaits
    replied
    Originally posted by ChapaczNorek View Post
    Tony Martin wants to be Tony Martin, not Ronnie James Dio's ass(istant). ;P
    Are you sure about that? I've seen video of Martin singing "Children of the Sea" on one of his solo tours.

Leave a comment:

• mds
    replied
    Listened to Neon Knights and I thought Ripper sounded pretty good except when he goes for the high parts with his Halford wail. Didn't care for the guitar solo; very 80s cliched.

Leave a comment:

• gl797
    replied
    Originally posted by Charger View Post
    Also since this is for charity, I do think it is okay.
    ah, that's totally different then.
    Good luck to them, I hope they raise a lot of money.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Well it's all about keeping the music alive. Ronnie was all about preforming live and he never wanted his music to die with him...

Granted no one can ever be a new Ronnie, he was one of a kind talent. That being said, Tim is without a doubt the best singer out there now and he is the one that I would ever say comes close to Ronnie.

Also since this is for charity, I do think it is okay.

I doubt this will be a long term thing anyways. I think they want to do this one world tour and that would be about it....I don't know for sure though, but I do know Tim has about gazillion things going on so he is pretty busy, and he has also stated that he wants to spend more time with his family too.

Leave a comment:

• gl797
    replied
    I'm new to all of this Dio Diciple thing so I'd like to give a bit of a different perspective on it. I know all Dio's songs though and love many of them.

I've watched a few of these DD's videos and I've come to this conclusion:

It really shows me just how incredible RJD was.
    Let the man rest and peace,
    we have the recordings that no one will ever come close to again.

A tribute once in awhile is cool but anything extended is...idk kind of strange and comes across to me as making money and fame off of someone's else lifetime work.

It's like Thin Lizzy without PL.
    It's over.
    Last edited by gl797; 07-31-2011, 08:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Thanks for the interview buddy! That was an awesome read!

Leave a comment:

• Pink Led Rush
    replied
    Originally posted by MH1986 View Post
    Thanks excellent read! I sure hope they come near me when the hit the U.S.

Leave a comment:

• MH1986
    replied
    cool interview

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/inter..._is_great.html

Leave a comment:

• MH1986
    replied
    The Last In Line-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZKOc...layer_embedded

Leave a comment:

replied
    I was on first show in Moscow and it was great. Tim was great and Toby was not bad and both together was very very good (Stargazer cover for example). My personal recomendation is to go and see it LIVE, not youtube videos, just go and see it - great show IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    I've been listening to couple of shows now and Tim is bloody brilliant! He really can sing anything to perfection...truly the only one that could ever fill the gigantic shoes of Ronnie....

Jepson did better than I thought...although his 80s hair metal voice isn't the best possible one for DIO songs he does do well with the Rainbow stuff...would I prefer Tim alone, damn straight, but their duets are damn good and powerful!

All in all this is a great tribute to the man...done with great style and great passion and most of all with great love. It really shows that they're doing it for Ronnie, just keeping his music alive. Just the way he would have wanted.

Can anyone ever replace him, hell no, and that's the point, no one is trying to. They're just honoring the greatest singer that has ever walked this planet.

Leave a comment:

• Sabbathman
    replied
    Originally posted by Pink Led Rush Dio View Post
    First time I've seen the videos, they aren't doing bad at all. I will definitely go see them if they come near me.
    Do go. You'll enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X