Bill Ward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Ward

Like several on this board I am big fan of Bill's solo material and eagerly awaiting release of his new material. I check his website periodically for updates and yesterday noticed the Bill Ward Music Player (top right of the page). Played through it and it has some excellent live versions of songs which I hadn't heard before. In case anyone else has missed this take a listen, there is The Dark Half Hour, Children Killing Children (live), Bombers (can open bomb bays) live, Snakes and Ladders (live), plus Animals and Sweep (which I think are both same as album versions).

http://www.billward.com/

The Dark Half Hour is a killer tune; is that Bill? If so I would love to see this happen: Iommi, Butler, Ward, & Appice with Bill handling vocals, Vinny pounding the skins and no Sabbath tunes except for It's Alright and Swinging The Chain. Bill has a fantastic voice with nuance and character that would allow the band to go in a new direction with their music and still keep it in the family. I would find this much more compelling than Gillan, Jorn, Ripper, Hughes, Martin, or even Ozzy on vocals.

Comment

mds, that's Bill singing that track.

NOTE: I handle Bill's site too - so if there's anything new, I'd know. Sadly, I have no news regarding new material. No idea whatever happened to Beyond Aston.

Edit: Posted this.

http://twitter.com/#!/blacksabbathwe...03535294177280
      Last edited by Joe Siegler; 09-15-2011, 12:22 PM.
      Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
      View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Originally posted by mds View Post
        I would love to see this happen: Iommi, Butler, Ward, & Appice with Bill handling vocals, Vinny pounding the skins and no Sabbath tunes except for It's Alright and Swinging The Chain.
        That would've been cool. But maybe with another drummer for my taste... Zack Starkley, maybe? Or Ian Paice, to keep it in the "extended family"...
        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
        Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
          mds, that's Bill singing that track.

NOTE: I handle Bill's site too - so if there's anything new, I'd know. Sadly, I have no news regarding new material. No idea whatever happened to Beyond Aston.

Edit: Posted this.

http://twitter.com/#!/blacksabbathwe...03535294177280
          I really think it would work. Reuniting with Ozzy would certainly be more profitable and "successful" but having Bill join Tony, Geezer, and Vinny as a songwriter and lead vocalist would be much more interesting.

Comment

I think it would work on some tracks, but upon reflection as an attempt at a living and breathing regular band? Probably not.
            Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
            View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

It probably wouldn't make for the greatest live show in the world but I bet they could make one interesting album.

Comment

Working...
              X