"Rainbow In The Dark: The Autobiography Of Ronnie James Dio"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Rainbow In The Dark: The Autobiography Of Ronnie James Dio"

I much anticipate the release of the Ronnie James Dio autobiography ( "Rainbow In The Dark: The Autobiography Of Ronnie James Dio"). It will be released in 2013: http://heavyrocktheplaylist.blogspot...w-in-dark.html

Hope it`s gonna be a great book!

It will surely be a great book, any story about this man's life is far from a let-down to me :D There is still very little information available about many parts of his life which I am extremely looking forward to reading about. I simply must have this book the day it is released!
    "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
    -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
    - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
    http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

2013? Why? Is that how long it will take him to dictate it via a medium to some ghostwriter?

Comment

Originally posted by nunoni View Post
        2013? Why? Is that how long it will take him to dictate it via a medium to some ghostwriter?
        In a interview I saw with Wendy Dio via Blabbermouth she said she was almost done the final chapters and was ready to give it to the publishers sometime in January - she then said it would take a year and a half for the publisher to get it out.
        Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
          In a interview I saw with Wendy Dio via Blabbermouth she said she was almost done the final chapters and was ready to give it to the publishers sometime in January - she then said it would take a year and a half for the publisher to get it out.
          exactly my point - this is not an autobiography, not all of it anyway. Dio said in his lifetime that he was writing it and had perhaps half ready or so. The other half is the Wendy Dio biography of Ronnie James Dio.

Comment

Sounds great. I'll be looking forward to it.

Comment

exactly my point - this is not an autobiography, not all of it anyway. Dio said in his lifetime that he was writing it and had perhaps half ready or so. The other half is the Wendy Dio biography of Ronnie James Dio.
              It was 3/4 written according to Wendy here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=167605

Wendy was also asked about the status of "Rainbow In The Dark: The Autobiography Of Ronnie James Dio", the revealing memoir of the heavy metal master, which was three-quarters written before the singer's death and which will be published in the fall of 2013 via MTV Books.

"I have to deliver it by January 15," she said. "I'm writing the last few pages. I'm finding all the photos to go with it. I deliver it January 15 so it comes out a year and a half later."
              "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

again, "according to Wendy". What does 3/4 mean, and what is "auto" here? I very much doubt we're going to get a real first hand account of Dio's story. In any case, it will be edited by Wendy, who nowadays is busy promoting Dio related releases and products like never before when he was alive - live albums, pic discs, action figures, baseball balls, Christmas cards, guitar picks, you name it. So my guess is that this book is one more in that line, and that anything that goes out of this commercial management line is not boing to be there.

Comment

Damn that is a long ways off.
                  I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Comment

Originally posted by cwilder86 View Post
                    Damn that is a long ways off.
                    Exactly, I hate that they even bothering mentioning something coming out that far away. Lots of stuff can and will happen before then, plus now that we know about it, we will all just be impatient about it.
                    Originally Posted by Monster Boy

Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

Comment

So if she's done by January what the fuck are the publishers gonna do for a year and a half?
                      Still I wonder what its like to be loved, instead of hiding in myself...

Comment

In any case, it will be edited by Wendy, who nowadays is busy promoting Dio related releases and products like never before when he was alive - live albums, pic discs, action figures, baseball balls, Christmas cards, guitar picks, you name it.
                        Yyyyeeeaaahh. There is a fine line between honoring/memorializing and making a near mockery. It was borderline insulting within weeks of his passing all those "archive" tour shirts and cheap Dio baseballs flooded the internet. Not to mention, at U2 tour prices. Obnoxious.

Nevertheless, I look forward to the book but I don't know how seriously I'll take it, depending on how it's marketed.
                        ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Any new on this one? Fall 2013 is pretty close and not even amazon have it up on their page yet and they are usually way early (and optimistic) about these kind of things. I wonder if it just petered out into nothing.
                          http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

I'm surprised there has never been a book released, about Ronnie James Dio, it would be an interesting read.
                            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                            ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

this will be very interesting, since RJD grew up 40 miles form where I've live and grew up, he use to play the WJ Teener, which was a H.S. hangout place, no alcohol served of course, right across from our H.S., in fact there's a pic of the Elves playing there, so I'm looking forward to hearing Ronnie's rekelactions and his personal views on my 2 all time fav. guitarists, the mysetrious Lord Blackmore, and of course Tony I...
                              "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                              R. Blackmore

Comment

Working...
                              X