"Rainbow In The Dark: The Autobiography Of Ronnie James Dio"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    this will be very interesting, since RJD grew up 40 miles form where I've live and grew up, he use to play the WJ Teener, which was a H.S. hangout place, no alcohol served of course, right across from our H.S., in fact there's a pic of the Elves playing there, so I'm looking forward to hearing Ronnie's rekelactions and his personal views on my 2 all time fav. guitarists, the mysetrious Lord Blackmore, and of course Tony I...
    Are you a Rainbow fan Wicked Cricket?
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
      Are you a Rainbow fan Wicked Cricket?
      Huge Rainbow fan... esp. the Dio years, they were the best... they became a sort of "B" team Foreigner after that... I knew of Dio before Rainbow obviously form my post, and after he joined Rainbow, his former band The Rods, played in our town regularly... I also have pics a co-worker of mine took, his dad grew up with RJD and they remained very close friends right up to the end, I have these pics of RJD and Wendy in Dio's hometown of Cortland NY, my friend had dinner with RJD & Wendy, his dad and brothers... he knew Ronnie very well, they even visted him out in Calif. from time to time... if I knew how to insert of attached photos I'd do it.. they are in a folder in my PC...
      "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
      R. Blackmore

Comment

Huge Rainbow fan... esp. the Dio years, they were the best... they became a sort of "B" team Foreigner after that... I knew of Dio before Rainbow obviously form my post, and after he joined Rainbow, his former band The Rods, played in our town regularly... I also have pics a co-worker of mine took, his dad grew up with RJD and they remained very close friends right up to the end, I have these pics of RJD and Wendy in Dio's hometown of Cortland NY, my friend had dinner with RJD & Wendy, his dad and brothers... he knew Ronnie very well, they even visted him out in Calif. from time to time... if I knew how to insert of attached photos I'd do it.. they are in a folder in my PC...
        That is so cool, I would've love to have met Ronnie he seemed like such a nice person and respectful whenever you saw him being interviewed.

I only like Rainbow with Ronnie at the helm, I don't know what made Ritchie Blackmore want to go commercial, only song I heard that are non-Dio, is Stone Cold and that to me sucks.

So you are a Dio fan, just that when it comes to Sabbath you are strictly an Ozzy man, that is cool and I respect that.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

That is so cool, I would've love to have met Ronnie he seemed like such a nice person and respectful whenever you saw him being interviewed.

I only like Rainbow with Ronnie at the helm, I don't know what made Ritchie Blackmore want to go commercial, only song I heard that are non-Dio, is Stone Cold and that to me sucks.

So you are a Dio fan, just that when it comes to Sabbath you are strictly an Ozzy man, that is cool and I respect that.
          No no... I love Dio with Sabbath... I probably confused you and some others with my teasing in the "13" vs TDYK thread, but I think H&H & Mob Rules are as good as anything the original Sabs did, and I like Dehumanizer and TDYK too... I was extremely sad when Ozzy left in '79... but news that Dio was joining, was actually very interesting and exciting to me, "what would it sound like..?", because I was a big RJD fan... so when the album H&H came out, it floored me! I couldn't believe how good it sounded, where NSD was so tired sounding, at that point in the band's career, H&H was a huge injection of energy, Iommi's playing was as good as it would or could get, it was amazing... the album was absolutly awsome... and then Mob Rules followed and the rest is history, I was sad when Dio left... I thought that really was the final nail in the coffin... it should have been anyway...
          Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 06-21-2013, 06:26 AM.
          "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
          R. Blackmore

Comment

No no... I love Dio with Sabbath... I probably confused you and some others with my teasing in the "13" vs TDYK thread, but I think H&H & Mob Rules are as good a sanything the original Sabs did, and I like Dehumanizer and TDYK too... I was extremely sad when Ozzy left in '79... but news that Dio was joining, was actually very interesting and exciting to me, "what would it sound like..?", because I was a big RJD fan... so when the album H&H came out, it floored me! I couldn't believe how good it sounded, where NSD was so tired sounding, at that point in the band's career, H&H was a huge injection of energy, Iommi's playing was as good as it would or could get, it was amazing... the album was absolutly awsome... and then Mob Rules followed and the rest is history, I was sad when Dio left... I thought that really was the final nail in the coffin... it should have been anyway...
            We learn something new every time WC, another thing I like about Ronnie James Dio, is that he refused to go commercial, the only album he released that sounded commercial but was still good, was the Sacred Heart album, but I still enjoy listening to that album.

Comment

Yes, RJD was true to his beliefs, he definitly would not "sell out"... I think that's ultimatly what endeared his fans to him, he was the real deal... I remember he said Rainbow In The Dark the song was too "commercial" sounding to him... I love the song but respect his opinion... I think for RJD, leaving Rainbow, where he had to contend with an insecure domineering personality in Blackmore, to play with BS, where the members, are just regular down to Earth guys.. good guys... even Ozzy is beloved because he's just a fan on stage singing with the band, that's what he's always reminded me of... just a regular Johnny Joe... actually wished Dio had done a few ballads with BS like Rainbow Eyes, which is one of my favorite songs, it's so beautiful, alot of people don't realize what a genuinly beautiful voice he had...
              R. Blackmore

Comment

Yes, RJD was true to his beliefs, he definitly would not "sell out"... I think that's ultimatly what endeared his fans to him, he was the real deal... I remember he said Rainbow In The Dark the song was too "commercial" sounding to him... I love the song but respect his opinion... I think for RJD, leaving Rainbow, where he had to contend with an insecure domineering personality in Blackmore, to play with BS, where the members, are just regular down to Earth guys.. good guys... even Ozzy is beloved because he's just a fan on stage singing with the band, that's what he's always reminded me of... just a regular Johnny Joe... actually wished Dio had done a few ballads with BS like Rainbow Eyes, which is one of my favorite songs, it's so beautiful, alot of people don't realize what a genuinly beautiful voice he had...
                My two favorite singers of all time is Ozzy Osbourne and Ronnie James Dio, I regret it so much not being able to see Ronnie with Sabbath, no one expected he would leave us so soon, I thought I would eventually get to see him, either with Sabbath or if he did anything solo. But very unfortunately I didn't.

God rest his soul and may he R.I.P.

Comment

I'm surprised there has never been a book released, about Ronnie James Dio, it would be an interesting read.
                  Actually, there is a book called 'Light Beyond The Black' by author Martin Popoff that covers his solo years that was released in 2005 I believe. Popoff is arguably one of the best hard rock journalists out there currently. If his books on Sabbath and Rush are any indication, I'm sure the Dio book would be worth checking out as well.

Comment

I'm surprised there has never been a book released, about Ronnie James Dio, it would be an interesting read.
                    Martin Popoff wrote one, I'm sure it was called 'A Light in the Black'.
                    Oh, I was beaten to it.

Comment

Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
                      Actually, there is a book called 'Light Beyond The Black' by author Martin Popoff that covers his solo years that was released in 2005 I believe. Popoff is arguably one of the best hard rock journalists out there currently. If his books on Sabbath and Rush are any indication, I'm sure the Dio book would be worth checking out as well.
                      Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                      Martin Popoff wrote one, I'm sure it was called 'A Light in the Black'.
                      Oh, I was beaten to it.
                      Thank you both Gentlemen, I will check that out and if it is available I will buy it, I have a bunch of books on my favorite bands and singers, but not one of the Great, Late, Ronnie James Dio.

Comment

Still waiting....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Also 3 years ago I signed up for an autographed copy of Bob Daisley's book.Still waiting....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by deranged View Post
                          Still waiting....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Also 3 years ago I signed up for an autographed copy of Bob Daisley's book.Still waiting....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                          Table of Contents:

Pg. 1-300: Ozzy Lawsuit

Pg. 300-325: Other Music Stuff
                          ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Looks like this book won't be reality this year. Maybe somebody, a professional writer, is re-writing the whole thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Jansa72 View Post
                              Looks like this book won't be reality this year. Maybe somebody, a professional writer, is re-writing the whole thing...
                              I'd say it's safe to say it wont be a reality, ever.
                              Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Originally posted by Never Satisfied View Post
                                I'd say it's safe to say it wont be a reality, ever.
                                I really hope you're wrong... but I guess it's quite possible you're not :(
                                "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
                                -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
                                - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
                                http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

Working...
                                X