X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Albrecht View Post
    The autobiography is anticipated to be released in 2020, as far as I know. Does anyone know the exact dates? I think I saw an interview or something where Wendy Dio mentioned the cooperation with the British journalist.
    Originally posted by maestro View Post
    I hope so I’m looking forward to reading it. So many years in the business.
    There is also suppose to be a documentary about Ronnie and his music career, but no news on it yet, when the book comes out I'll be buying it for sure.

Leave a comment:

• maestro
    replied
    Originally posted by Albrecht View Post
    The autobiography is anticipated to be released in 2020, as far as I know. Does anyone know the exact dates? I think I saw an interview or something where Wendy Dio mentioned the cooperation with the British journalist.
    I hope so Iím looking forward to reading it. So many years in the business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• maestro
    replied
    Originally posted by Never Satisfied View Post
    Oh I was too. I went to his memorial in LA, was really devastated by his death. Never has the passing of someone I never knew personally affected me like that. I was hoping the book would be published not too long after his passing to commemorate his life while we all were still mourning his passing. It's been Years now.
    I took it hard too. I remember when it happened and the day before there were rumours of his passing. And Wendy said it was bullshit. I was relieved. The next day my sister calls me and said the singer of Black Sabbath is dead. I knew right away. I was in utter shock. I took the day off work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Albrecht
    replied
    "I will definitely allow lyrics to stir the imagination of people the way they like it to work. I never use themes to writemyessay on vocal lessons. I like to remain untrained and keep my essence and individuality." - Ronnie James Dio
    Last edited by Albrecht; 01-09-2020, 05:08 AM. Reason: typos

Leave a comment:

• Never Satisfied
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    I have a strong felling you are right N.S., and I have been looking forward to a book on Ronnie for the longest.
    Oh I was too. I went to his memorial in LA, was really devastated by his death. Never has the passing of someone I never knew personally affected me like that. I was hoping the book would be published not too long after his passing to commemorate his life while we all were still mourning his passing. It's been Years now.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    I'd say it's safe to say it wont be a reality, ever.
    I have a strong felling you are right N.S., and I have been looking forward to a book on Ronnie for the longest.

Leave a comment:

• Josef_K
    replied
    I really hope you're wrong... but I guess it's quite possible you're not :(

Leave a comment:

• Never Satisfied
    replied
    Originally posted by Jansa72 View Post
    Looks like this book won't be reality this year. Maybe somebody, a professional writer, is re-writing the whole thing...

Leave a comment:

• Jansa72
    replied
    Looks like this book won't be reality this year. Maybe somebody, a professional writer, is re-writing the whole thing...

Leave a comment:

• hipster doofus
    replied
    Originally posted by deranged View Post
    Still waiting....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Also 3 years ago I signed up for an autographed copy of Bob Daisley's book.Still waiting....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Table of Contents:

Pg. 1-300: Ozzy Lawsuit

Pg. 300-325: Other Music Stuff

Leave a comment:

• deranged
    replied
    Still waiting....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Also 3 years ago I signed up for an autographed copy of Bob Daisley's book.Still waiting....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
    Actually, there is a book called 'Light Beyond The Black' by author Martin Popoff that covers his solo years that was released in 2005 I believe. Popoff is arguably one of the best hard rock journalists out there currently. If his books on Sabbath and Rush are any indication, I'm sure the Dio book would be worth checking out as well.
    Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    Martin Popoff wrote one, I'm sure it was called 'A Light in the Black'.
    Oh, I was beaten to it.
    Thank you both Gentlemen, I will check that out and if it is available I will buy it, I have a bunch of books on my favorite bands and singers, but not one of the Great, Late, Ronnie James Dio.

Leave a comment:

• SweetSymptom
    replied
    I'm surprised there has never been a book released, about Ronnie James Dio, it would be an interesting read.
    Martin Popoff wrote one, I'm sure it was called 'A Light in the Black'.
    Oh, I was beaten to it.

Leave a comment:

• A Sabbath Historian
    replied
    I'm surprised there has never been a book released, about Ronnie James Dio, it would be an interesting read.
    Actually, there is a book called 'Light Beyond The Black' by author Martin Popoff that covers his solo years that was released in 2005 I believe. Popoff is arguably one of the best hard rock journalists out there currently. If his books on Sabbath and Rush are any indication, I'm sure the Dio book would be worth checking out as well.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    Yes, RJD was true to his beliefs, he definitly would not "sell out"... I think that's ultimatly what endeared his fans to him, he was the real deal... I remember he said Rainbow In The Dark the song was too "commercial" sounding to him... I love the song but respect his opinion... I think for RJD, leaving Rainbow, where he had to contend with an insecure domineering personality in Blackmore, to play with BS, where the members, are just regular down to Earth guys.. good guys... even Ozzy is beloved because he's just a fan on stage singing with the band, that's what he's always reminded me of... just a regular Johnny Joe... actually wished Dio had done a few ballads with BS like Rainbow Eyes, which is one of my favorite songs, it's so beautiful, alot of people don't realize what a genuinly beautiful voice he had...
    My two favorite singers of all time is Ozzy Osbourne and Ronnie James Dio, I regret it so much not being able to see Ronnie with Sabbath, no one expected he would leave us so soon, I thought I would eventually get to see him, either with Sabbath or if he did anything solo. But very unfortunately I didn't.

God rest his soul and may he R.I.P.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X