Jon Lord has passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Lord has passed away

Jon Lord passed away today, as a big fan of all the work he has done really this is very depressing new RIP Jon Lord

( for those who do not know Jon was best know as the organ player for Deep purple)
    One day when your end is near
    I'll be laughing at your fear
    When you're gone there'll be no one
    Who'll be fucking up my fun No one!

Rest in peace, Jon Lord, Master of the Hammond.

Glad i got to see you live with DP. We will forever remember your great legacy!!!
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til rs ok friar ok forn sir

Comment

This is really sad...

Jon was without a doubt one of THE greatest keyboard players in the world.

Another legend taken away too soon...

Rock in peace now Jon...you will be deeply missed.

Comment

very sad new
        RIP Jon Lord

Comment

R.I.P. Jon - you rocked hard as anybody - you will be sorely missed.
          Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Jorn Lord has passed away

http://jonlord.org/

It is with deep sadness we announce the passing of Jon Lord, who suffered a fatal pulmonary embolism today, Monday 16th July at the London Clinic, after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. Jon was surrounded by his loving family.

Jon Lord, the legendary keyboard player with Deep Purple co-wrote many of the bands legendary songs including Smoke On The Water and played with many bands and musicians throughout his career.

Best known for his Orchestral work Concerto for Group & Orchestra first performed at Royal Albert Hall with Deep Purple and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra in 1969 and conducted by the renowned Malcolm Arnold, a feat repeated in 1999 when it was again performed at the Royal Albert Hall by the London Symphony Orchestra and Deep Purple.

Jons solo work was universally acclaimed when he eventually retired from Deep Purple in 2002.

Jon passes from Darkness to Light.

Jon Lord 9 June 1941 16 July 2012.

May he rest in peace and help Tony Iommi in fighting cancer...

Freakin' cancer...
            Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
            Premonition of a shattered world thats gonna die.
            In the age of reason, how do we survive?
            The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Just heard this, how terribly sad. Rest In Peace Jon. Thank you for sharing your gift with the world. I'm personally going to listen to Rat Bat Blue, Space Trucking and Perfect Strangers to celebrate his legacy.
              The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
              The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
              As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
              We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Comment

Totally gutted :(

Comment

This came as a shock. There were basically no news of his treatments lately, all we knew that his treatments were going on. Jon Lord's musical prowess and sonic excellence within Deep Purple alone is, without doubt and debate, timeless and priceless. The whole world of heavy rock would be dismal without his towering influence. We lost a true musical icon, but surely his spirit will live on in his musical records and in our memories.

I got to see him once with Deep Purple, back in 1996 at the Nummirock Midsummer Festival here in Finland. There's no-one like him.

JON LORD was and will always be

THE MASTER OF THE HEAVY SOUNDING HAMMOND ORGAN

and

ONE OF THE GREATEST KEYBOARD MUSICIANS OF ALL TIME

---

Play these in his honour and memory, so you'll remember as to why he was the greatest of them all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfAWReBmxEs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7bIGIk_2DQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo39UfbosZs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMT-Uyxy5pg
                  "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Another great one gone. Time to get 'In Rock' out.

RIP, Jon.
                    >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                    SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                    YR CPTIN SPEKING
                    YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

I just saw this in the news...another sad day for the rock/metal scene...cancer sure has taken a lot from us rock fans lately...

For me Jon Lord will always be the greatest keyboard player ever, and one massively talented songwriter and arranger. He defined excellence as far as playing the keyboards/piano came. As a massive Purple fan it pains me to realize that Lord's signature Hammond sound will never be heard live again, and even the theoretical possibilities of seeing a true Deep Purple live are now gone. The sound he created with Blackmore and Paice was one of a kind.

R.I.P. Hammond Lord, you will be greatly missed

"The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                      "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                      "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

At a loss. I just bought two of his recent albums last week and wondered what the latest was on his treatments. He was the whole reason I took up the keyboards long ago. I can still see him rocking that big old Hammond to and fro onstage.

I know he posted a website update not terribly long ago, did it ever come out that his type of cancer was pancreatic? It was none of our business, but I'll bet the messages of love and support would have been even greater had we known he had a type of cancer with such a poor survival rate. I was actually hoping maybe he had turned the corner by now and was looking to get back to playing again. Ronnie opened up for him many times in the Elf days, I guess he's taking that role again as we lose yet another immensely talented musician. Rest in Peace, sir.
                        Damian
                        Super Moderator
                        Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

I just found out about this. RIP Mr Lord. The world will miss you.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up E5150. Merged the threads here. Both locations technically apply, but given the work Jon did recently with Tony, and his long history with Deep Purple, its hard not to consider him "related" to Black Sabbath.
                            Damian
                            Super Moderator
                            Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

When I heard about Deep Purple maybe five years ago or so, I was fascinated at something I wasn't used to, how prominent the keyboards could be in a rock band. I had just practiced the piano aimlessly, obviously bored and thinking about quitting it all. Jon Lord made me want to play the organ in a rock band. Today my life is more or less all about music, and I am 100% sure that life doesn't work in the way that if I hadn't found music I would have found something else. Jon Lord is in many ways the sole reason my life means so much to me. If I had ever got to meet him in person, I would never have been able to thank him enough for that, so who am I kidding... I'm just going to stop trying.
                              "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
                              -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
                              - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
                              http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

Working...
                              X