Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Daisley's Book

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bob Daisley's Book

    Just received this email this morning and wanted to share it here, for those interested. As an FYI, total cost for a signed copy is $55.81 USD.

    Many thanks for registering your interest in buying a signed copy (at no
    extra charge) of Bob Daisley's autobiography. We're very pleased to tell
    you that you can now purchase your copy.

    Bob has done everything that he can to ensure that we, the fans, get an
    excellent quality book at an affordable price. It costs £18.99p + postage
    & packing. Should you wish to buy more than one copy, please contact
    webmaster@bobdaisley.com.

    It measures 11" x 7.5" (280 x 190 mm) and is an inch thick, there are over
    460 photographs, mostly colour, the majority of which were taken by Bob
    and have remained in his personal archives until now.

    This is a limited offer, Bob will be in the UK during the first week of
    August to sign copies of his book, so if you'd like to buy your signed
    copy please do so at:

    http://www.bobdaisley.com/for-facts-...der-now/signed

    This offer will close on the 28th of July and orders received after that
    date will not be eligible for a signed copy.

    The Book will be dispatched during August.

    There will be another link on the website and Facebook very soon but that
    should NOT be used if you want to purchase a signed copy.

    Thanks

    Bob Daisley's Webmaster

  • #2
    Ugh I just mentioned in another thread that I've been waiting for this for a long time. Way too much $ for me though.

    Comment


    • #3
      Just read this post from Bob:

      Originally posted by Bob Daisley
      Hi everyone,
      At last, my autobiography 'For Facts Sake' is ready to roll. It covers my whole life and my fifty-year career in music, and features everyone that I've ever worked with - Chicken Shack, Mungo Jerry, Widowmaker, Rainbow, The Blizzard of Ozz, Uriah Heep, Ozzy (and Sharon) Osbourne, Gary Moore, Black Sabbath, the notorious Don Arden, and too many others to mention here. The stories reveal some interesting and, until now, unknown facts about many of these artists and characters, and with more than 460 photos throughout the text, it provides a pictorial view of my journey.
      I'll be at The Vintage Guitar Emporium (Fat Rick's) on Saturday the 10th of August from 2pm until 4pm for an in-store book signing, I hope to see many of you there. My ol' pal Lee Kerslake will be there to meet and greet as well, so come on down!
      Oh come on Brian, let's go to the signing...
      Cheers,
      Bob Daisley.

      I'm sure this will be very interesting...and the price ain't too bad either...well don't know how much the postage is though.

      Comment


      • #4
        Im not a fan if the front cover. "Black Sabbath" is listed on top of all the bands he's played in.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
          Im not a fan if the front cover. "Black Sabbath" is listed on top of all the bands he's played in.
          I'm assuming the cover was designed by the same 11 year old that did his website.
          ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

          Comment


          • #6
            I have NO DOUBT that there is a lot of truth to what Bob says, but what kills me is when people act like everything he says is gold. Pisses me off. I'm a firm BELIEVER that if you have 2 sides to a story the truth is somewhere in the middle. I have no doubt about how massive an impact Bob had on Ozzy's solo career. But what kills me is that he doesn't give Ozzy ANY of the credit. He doesn't even really give Randy Rhoads much credit. To hear Bob tell the story he did it all. Bob is jealous. No More Tears is the first Ozzy album that Bob played bass on but didn't write lyrics for. He later said that No More Tears had "cheesy lyrics" Dude never wants to give credit where it is due. No More Tears was a smash!!

            Now, Bob has a CD's loaded with songs and demo ideas recorded with Randy Rhoads. He holds them hostage claiming that Sharon doesn't want to pay him enough for them. I have a good source on the subject that told me the price Bob is asking for these CD's is WAY out of the possible range. Again, there is two sides to every story.

            I heard is book price was insane. How much is it?
            www.downtrendmetal.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
              I have NO DOUBT that there is a lot of truth to what Bob says, but what kills me is when people act like everything he says is gold. Pisses me off. I'm a firm BELIEVER that if you have 2 sides to a story the truth is somewhere in the middle. I have no doubt about how massive an impact Bob had on Ozzy's solo career. But what kills me is that he doesn't give Ozzy ANY of the credit. He doesn't even really give Randy Rhoads much credit. To hear Bob tell the story he did it all. Bob is jealous. No More Tears is the first Ozzy album that Bob played bass on but didn't write lyrics for. He later said that No More Tears had "cheesy lyrics" Dude never wants to give credit where it is due. No More Tears was a smash!!
              A bit ironic in the sense that I find No More Tears to have some of the brightest moments in Ozzy's career not only musically, but lyrically.

              I'm almost a little embarrassed for him, truthfully. Between the horrid cover and the self publication, it's going to be tough to find the appropriate crowd to actually care about it. I read that it's roughly $50 after shipping. A bit steep if that's accurate. I'm interested in knowing the ratio of life story to Ozzy lawsuit. I imagine 3/4 of it is anti-Sharon/Ozzy propaganda. I guess you can't blame him for some of it.

              It's just interesting that after all the talk of this book for so long, it's barely even going to scrape the surface of the music market. I love how it says "BLACK SABBATH" first and foremost. I mean really...in his 60+ years on earth, how much time actually involved Black Sabbath? A few months?

              But you gotta push sales somehow, right?
              Last edited by hipster doofus; 07-21-2013, 09:07 PM.
              ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                I
                I heard is book price was insane. How much is it?
                18.99£ about the same ammount that any book costs...Around here anyways. The postage on the otherhand is insane. For outside UK European delivery costs 11£ and to the US 17£. So the book price surely is not the problem...

                Then on the other topic.
                Naturally there always are two sides to every story...and Bob was seriously mistreated by Ozzy and Sharon so I'm sure he still holds a grudge and has a lot of right to do so. I wouldn't take everything he has to say as god's only truth, but I'm sure it will be an entertaining read.

                And about No More Tears, I really like that album, but it surely does have some very cheesy and downright bad lyrics, no one can really deny that. But some of them do work though as long as you don't even try to take them seriously. (Mama I'm Coming home being probably the worst one of them all, and Zombie Stomp, which is a great song though)

                The book cover though is absolutely horrible...one of the worst covers I've ever seen! Good lord! And I do wonder why Black Sabbath is there first since they're not even alphabetical...strange.
                Nothing wrong with self publication though.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ironically, i've always though Daisley did best in Mungo Jerry. There was a "Woodstockish" festival in Norway in '73 called Ragnarock, having becomed somewhat of a local legend it's been released on DVD, and Mungo Jerry & Daisley is absolutely ace on that one.



                  And ofcourse, he had a great lock-in with Lee Kerslake. I honestly don't understand what Ozzy was thinking, rather wanting to have the mediocre (in comparison) Aldridge & Sarzo when he had that great pair already...
                  95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                  Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                      And ofcourse, he had a great lock-in with Lee Kerslake. I honestly don't understand what Ozzy was thinking, rather wanting to have the mediocre (in comparison) Aldridge & Sarzo when he had that great pair already...
                      Probably Aldridge and Sarzo were more inclined to be/happier to be sidemen, or didn't voice their own opinions enough to be seen as complainers.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                        Ironically, i've always though Daisley did best in Mungo Jerry. There was a "Woodstockish" festival in Norway in '73 called Ragnarock, having becomed somewhat of a local legend it's been released on DVD, and Mungo Jerry & Daisley is absolutely ace on that one.



                        And ofcourse, he had a great lock-in with Lee Kerslake. I honestly don't understand what Ozzy was thinking, rather wanting to have the mediocre (in comparison) Aldridge & Sarzo when he had that great pair already...
                        lol !!!!! Bob Daisley played a Jacques Dutronc 's cover on stage !!!! The original version is so often played on radio , here .
                        thanx for the info , Billy

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                          I love how it says "BLACK SABBATH" first and foremost. I mean really...in his 60+ years on earth, how much time actually involved Black Sabbath? A few months?

                          But you gotta push sales somehow, right?
                          I guess trying to take all the credit for Ozzy's solo career wasn't enough. But at the end of the day id be surprised if he sells 1000 copies of it. Kind of like that living loud cd.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hmmm, I have no beef with the lyrics of Momma I'm Coming Home. Compared to the silliness of songs like Eating the Cannibals, they seem pretty reasonable.
                            Last edited by Now in Darkness; 07-22-2013, 08:20 AM.
                            Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                              Hmmm, I have no beef with the lyrics of Momma I'm Coming Home. Compared to the silliness of songs like Eating the Cannibals, they seem pretty reasonable.
                              Another thread that someone's trying to bring up the idiotic Ozzy vs Dio argument again...come on... Why try and try to stir shit up? Is it really THAT fun? I for one don't really understand it....especially when it has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the topic what so ever.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X