Bob Daisley's Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charger View Post
    And about No More Tears, I really like that album, but it surely does have some very cheesy and downright bad lyrics, no one can really deny that. But some of them do work though as long as you don't even try to take them seriously. (Mama I'm Coming home being probably the worst one of them all, and Zombie Stomp, which is a great song though)

Another thread that someone's trying to bring up the idiotic Ozzy vs Dio argument again...come on... Why try and try to stir shit up? Is it really THAT fun? I for one don't really understand it....especially when it has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the topic what so ever.
    No, I felt that the comment about Momma would benefit from some relative perspective to be a fair critique.

Its totally relevent:

Thread about Daisley's book
    Evolves to a thread about Daisley
    Evolves to a discussion about Ozzy and Daisley
    Evolves to a discussion of lyrics
    Evolves to a discussion of Ozzy's lyrics
    Evolves to a critique of Ozzy's (Lemmy's) lyrics
    Reminder that other people wrote silly lyrics too

Just a natural progression and I think the comment was fair. I purposely tried to think of a Tony Martin song with silly lyrics, as well, but nothing came to mind. Not trying to start an Ozzy / Lemmy / Dio war Charger; just a factual discussion. Momma's lyrics are pretty benign compared to Eating's lyrics. Dio wrote some great stuff too, and I get that. The commonality is that neither Ozzy, nor Dio, were members of Black Sabbath when the above noted song lyrics were written. You said that NMT had some "cheesy lyrics" and "nobody can really deny that". You invited the discussion by making such a bold statement. IMHO, cheesy is very relative, as illustrated.
    Last edited by Now in Darkness; 07-22-2013, 10:34 AM.
    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

And about No More Tears, I really like that album, but it surely does have some very cheesy and downright bad lyrics, no one can really deny that. But some of them do work though as long as you don't even try to take them seriously. (Mama I'm Coming home being probably the worst one of them all, and Zombie Stomp, which is a great song though)
      I deny it. Sorry, but I think Mama is a finely crafted tune all the way through. Lemmy is quite a wordsmith himself. Perhaps you've never been married or in love?

Zombie Stomp certainly doesn't blow me away, but it's a great play on words. Several lines to read between.

If we're talking bad, cheesy lyrics...check out a lot of The Ultimate Sin. Crafted mostly by none other than...Bob Daisley himself.
      Last edited by hipster doofus; 07-22-2013, 09:04 AM.
      ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
        No, I felt that the comment about Momma would benefit from some relative perspective to be a fair critique.

Its totally relevent:

Thread about Daisley's book
        Evolves to a thread about Daisley
        Evolves to a discussion about Ozzy and Daisley
        Evolves to a discussion of lyrics
        Evolves to a discussion of Ozzy's lyrics
        Evolves to a critique of Ozzy's (Lemmy's) lyrics
        Reminder that other people wrote silly lyrics too

Just a natural progression and I think the comment was fair. I purposely tried to think of a Tony Martin song with silly lyrics, as well, but nothing came to mind. Not trying to start an Ozzy / Lemmy / Dio war Charger; just a factual discussion. Momma's lyrics are pretty benign compared to Eating's lyrics. Dio wrote some great stuff too, and I get that. The commonality is that neither Ozzy, nor Dio, were members of Black Sabbath when the above noted song lyrics were written.
        Oh come on...seriously? This is how you try to justify trying to derail yet another thread with a mindless Ozzy vs Dio war....silly silly stuff.

I for one am starting to get really sick and tired of these couple of people constantly trying to stir shit up with this stuff....it's just stupid, and I would have thought that atleast wizards would have been beyond this kind of stupidity...you think Gandalf would condone this...I think not!

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
        I deny it. Sorry, but I think Mama is a finely crafted tune all the way through. Lemmy is quite a wordsmith himself. Perhaps you've never been married or in love?

Zombie Stomp certainly doesn't blow me away, but it's a great play on words. Several lines to read between.

If we're talking bad, cheesy lyrics...check out a lot of The Ultimate Sin. Crafted mostly by none other than...Bob Daisley himself.

You're not too wrong about that...Ultimate Sin does have some silly lyrics indeed. Never been a big fan of that album anyways.

Lemmy is quite the word smith indeed...I've enjoyed his stuff a lot lately...as long as you don't try to take all of them too seriously.

And to add, no I have not been married nor in love...rather impossible for someone like me, but that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with this topic.

I still hate Mama I'm Coming Home...sorry.

Comment

I would have thought that atleast wizards would have been beyond this kind of stupidity...you think Gandalf would condone this...I think not!
          Good one Charger. Absolutely brilliant. Love it!!!!!!.

It's hard to argue with such impassioned logic. You win.
          Last edited by Now in Darkness; 07-22-2013, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Oh come on...seriously? This is how you try to justify trying to derail yet another thread with a mindless Ozzy vs Dio war....silly silly stuff.

I for one am starting to get really sick and tired of these couple of people constantly trying to stir shit up with this stuff....
            Maybe he threw out the bait, but who got hooked? ;-)
            95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
            Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Good one Charger. Absolutely brilliant. Love it!!!!!!.

It's hard to argue with such impassioned logic. You win.
              Hahah! Bringing out the wizard card never fails!

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
              Maybe he threw out the bait, but who got hooked? ;-)
              Yup...my turn this time. No wonder my left cheek is feeling sore, it has a lure stuck in it!

Comment

Hahah! Bringing out the wizard card never fails!
                In all seriousness Charger, we are both somewhat sympathetic to Ozzy and Dio, respectively, and we share a common ground with Martin. I don't seek to start a war. I just seek to balance the scales when I think it is time to do so. You are a good Black Sabbath fan, and I value your contributions here, even though I don't always agree. In most cases you are well reasoned and make valid arguments. There often is no right or wrong, just a middle ground that needs to be hashed out from polarized positions, from time to time.

I'm still laughing at the Gandalf comment. I have failed the LOTR fellowship.
                Last edited by Now in Darkness; 07-22-2013, 11:06 AM.

Comment

And to add, no I have not been married nor in love...rather impossible for someone like me, but that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with this topic.
                  True, but songs with such a sentiment are generally appreciated more by people when it relates to them. Only reason I brought it up. No hard feelings.
                  ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Without doubt in the history of Ozzy Osbourne Bob Daisley is the most under-rated charector. He came along at a crucial point and helped guide the career of my hero. But it's always sour grapes with that dude. Rest assured that he has made his share of $ with Ozzy. That is why he kept coming back.
                    www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

In all seriousness Charger, we are both somewhat sympathetic to Ozzy and Dio, respectively, and we share a common ground with Martin. I don't seek to start a war. I just seek to balance the scales when I think it is time to do so. You are a good Black Sabbath fan, and I value your contributions here, even though I don't always agree. In most cases you are well reasoned and make valid arguments. There often is no right or wrong, just a middle ground that needs to be hashed out from polarized positions, from time to time.

I'm still laughing at the Gandalf comment. I have failed the LOTR fellowship.
                      I do agree...I'm just getting bit tired about the Ozzy vs Dio crap and it seems that today your post was the one that tipped the scale so to speak....There has just been so much of that here lately and it quite often derails reasonable conversation.

Most of the time I find your postings very reasonable, interesting and good read as well eventhough we might not always see eye to eye.

Thanks and surely no hard feelings from my end. Glad you found my Gandalf comment as hilarious as it was meant!

Comment

I do agree...I'm just getting bit tired about the Ozzy vs Dio crap and it seems that today your post was the one that tipped the scale so to speak....There has just been so much of that here lately and it quite often derails reasonable conversation.

Most of the time I find your postings very reasonable, interesting and good read as well eventhough we might not always see eye to eye.

Thanks and surely no hard feelings from my end. Glad you found my Gandalf comment as hilarious as it was meant!
                        No hard feelings at all bud.

Comment

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                          Rest assured that he has made his share of $ with Ozzy. That is why he kept coming back.
                          Yeah, that's the part that always got me. Despite his being "screwed over" and the following lawsuits, he continued to be employed by the Osbournes for another decade and 4 more albums. I actually went back and forth with Bob himself on his message board about 10 years ago. It still never made sense to me. I kind of looked at it as a "What else is he gonna do?" thing. Regardless of his grudges, they're still the biggest projects he's ever been involved in and ever will be involved in.

Comment

His case went all the way to the supreme court (they refused to look at it). Time to move on Bob

Comment

Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                              His case went all the way to the supreme court (they refused to look at it). Time to move on Bob
                              Technically true, but somewhat misleading in how you're presenting it. Bob, and Lee's, lawsuit was dismissed on statute of limitations grounds, meaning it was filed too late. The Supreme Court isn't, barring some remarkable related issues, reviewing a statute of limitations case. Bob lost, but the merits of his case were never reached.

Some harsh words for Bob in this thread. That's odd. If Blizzard and Diary had been busts, Ozzy may very well have become Paul Di'Anno. Bob has to get some credit for the success of Blizzard and Diary, no?
                              "But I don't want to go among mad people."
                              "Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
                              "How do you know I'm mad?"
                              "You must be or you wouldn't have come here."

Comment

Originally posted by The Rules Mob View Post

Technically true, but somewhat misleading in how you're presenting it. Bob, and Lee's, lawsuit was dismissed on statute of limitations grounds, meaning it was filed too late. The Supreme Court isn't, barring some remarkable related issues, reviewing a statute of limitations case. Bob lost, but the merits of his case were never reached.
                                They lost in the LA courts first on merits. then the California Supreme court on merits, then they unsuccessfully tried to take it to the supreme court. I don't remember anything about statute of limitations however even if thats the case, they still tried knowing that (unless Saul Goodman was their lawyer) and it didn't work out.

Comment

Working...
                                X