Bob Daisley's Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
    They lost in the LA courts first on merits. then the California Supreme court on merits, then they unsuccessfully tried to take it to the supreme court. I don't remember anything about statute of limitations however even if thats the case, they still tried knowing that (unless Saul Goodman was their lawyer) and it didn't work out.
    From the Ninth Circuit's opinion:

"Whether or not an open book account was ever created, Daisley and Kerslake knew after settlement of the United Kingdom litigation in 1986 that they were not receiving royalties. They were told in July 1986 by Sharon Osbourne (who they knew spoke for the relevant entities) that the UK litigation and Daisley's buy-out agreement settled the matter, that they were not entitled to record royalties, and that they were not being paid and never would be. This was confirmed after a call to Osbourne's English accountant in August 1991. So, no later than August 1991, at the outside, Daisley and Kerslake were aware that the royalties to which they believed they were entitled had dried up and that payment had been refused. That is when their claim accrued (assuming an open book account existed), and the statute of limitations began to run. See Cusano v. Klein, 264 F.3d 936, 947-48 (9th Cir.2001); R.N.C., Inc. v. Tsegeletos, 231 Cal.App.3d 967, 972-73, 283 Cal.Rptr. 48 (1991). This is true notwithstanding Daisley and Kerslake's contention that an open book account never closes as long as debts are accumulating, for otherwise the period of limitations would never expire. As this action was not filed until 1998, the open book account claim is barred, see Cal.Civ.Proc.Code § 337, unless fraudulent concealment tolled the statute of limitations.

It did not. The 1983 Monowise-Jet Agreement may have changed who owned the albums, but this cannot matter because Daisley and Kerslake failed to sue anyone-Osbourne, Jet or Monowise-in a timely fashion."

In fairness, the appeals court's opinion goes on to say that the lower court did talk about the merits of the case in it's decision against Daisley and Kerslake, but it's a little unclear what, if anything, was decided. Daisley and Kerslake appear to have complained that they weren't given a chance to address Ozzy's, and the other defendants', arguments, but I have never seen the lower court's decision, so I can't speak to what it actually says. You're right that Bob has no redress.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people."
    "Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?"
    "You must be or you wouldn't have come here."

Comment

Originally posted by The Rules Mob View Post
      Bob has to get some credit for the success of Blizzard and Diary, no?
      Absolutely!
      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by The Rules Mob View Post
        Bob has to get some credit for the success of Blizzard and Diary, no?
        Certainly. Those albums were a part of a perfect storm. He was as vital as everyone else involved.
        ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
          Absolutely!
          Two of the greatest albums ever released by any artist.
          "But I don't want to go among mad people."
          "Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
          "How do you know I'm mad?"
          "You must be or you wouldn't have come here."

Comment

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
            Without doubt in the history of Ozzy Osbourne Bob Daisley is the most under-rated charector. He came along at a crucial point and helped guide the career of my hero..
            As I stated above!
            www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Those albums were an excellent TEAM effort

Comment

I think Daisley's been consistent with his claims throughout the years: the riffs were mostly Randy's, Ozzy wrote the vocal melodies, Daisley wrote almost all of the lyrics and contributed to writing middle eights, working out song structures and arrangements etc. I don't think he's trying to take all the credit. He gives plenty of credit to Randy. As for Ozzy, it's the same arrangement as with Sabbath - he comes up with the vocal melody and, save for a phrase here and there, the bassist writes the lyrics.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

I wonder if this book will be available on Amazon at any point. I'd be interested if the price was reasonable. Apart from the Ozzy stuff, I'd be interested in the Rainbow years and his brief involvement with Sabbath.
                https://soundcloud.com/deadloss-2

Comment

The guy contradicts itself so much on as Facebook and website it's not funny. He goes on about how we didn't get anything from those first two albums and a then someone posted comments on his website about how disgusting it was that he hadn't received anything from those Albums. His reply was “ I’ve always received song writing royalties for those albums”. So that goes against a lot of what he's been saying and he had a got into Jack E Lee about what he said his contribution was towards the Bark At the Moon album.
                  Not to mention Ozzy said that he kept coming back into the environment and asking for money for things that he had already been paid for and this is backed up in an interview from around the Black rain tour when Zakk was asked about this agreement with Ozzy, Zakk said something like well I'm not like other members who come back and asked for money and trying to screw them over for things they’ve already been paid for in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by under the sun View Post
                    The guy contradicts itself so much on as Facebook and website it's not funny. He goes on about how we didn't get anything from those first two albums and a then someone posted comments on his website about how disgusting it was that he hadn't received anything from those Albums. His reply was “ I’ve always received song writing royalties for those albums”. So that goes against a lot of what he's been saying and he had a got into Jack E Lee about what he said his contribution was towards the Bark At the Moon album.
                    Not to mention Ozzy said that he kept coming back into the environment and asking for money for things that he had already been paid for and this is backed up in an interview from around the Black rain tour when Zakk was asked about this agreement with Ozzy, Zakk said something like well I'm not like other members who come back and asked for money and trying to screw them over for things they’ve already been paid for in the past.
                    Songwriting royalties and performance royalties are separate things.
                    https://soundcloud.com/deadloss-2

Comment

Its a little bit on the higher side, but not too much for a fan though..
                      BacklinksVault

Comment

It REALLY irks me that he has BLACK SABBATH in big letters first and foremost. According to this site, he was around for approximately a month. That is truly obnoxious. Can't knock him for his accomplishments, but the guy is a grade A dork.
                        Last edited by hipster doofus; 07-29-2013, 04:14 PM.
                        ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                          It REALLY irks me that he has BLACK SABBATH in big letters first and foremost. According to this site, he was around for approximately a month. That is truly obnoxious. Can't knock him for his accomplishments, but the guy is a grade A dork.

Just as I suspected. Says here Ozzy didn't write shit. He "lucked" his way to one of the greatest 40 years in music history. what... Randy Rhoads didn't play guitar on Diary of a Madman? Bob did! Wow, who knew.... I'm glad I read this book.

FOR THE RECORD I HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK!! I'VE HEARD ENOUGH CRYING. I don't deny for a second the value of Bob to Ozzy's career but I'm over it. I got over it the day a year or so ago that I read in an interview him TRYING to suggest he was the reason for Randy Rhoads success.
                          www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Looks like the signing offer has been extended through August 9th. I may get this one after seeing the 3-part Australian Guitar Magazine interview on YT and after reading Rudy Sarzo's book "Off the Rails". The YT interview was pretty good, and I didn't think Bob came off *that* pretentious or such. Having played in bands creating & performing original music for years, I have experienced a lot of what he's talking about in regards to creating music; some people can write and some cannot, including various elements of a song, while they can shine at other aspects of the creative process. So to hear him describe how Ozzy and Randy couldn't write good lyrics, especially when they worked on them together, doesn't surprise me at all. When you consider the "worldclass" (Bob's terminology) vocal melodies and guitar work that Oz and Randy created, it's not that huge of a deal. Sounds like Rudy and Bob had some pretty common experiences even though they were involved with the Ozzy band at different times.
                            www.soundclick.com/mrmoon

Comment

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                              Hmmm, I have no beef with the lyrics of Momma I'm Coming Home. Compared to the silliness of songs like Eating the Cannibals, they seem pretty reasonable.
                              I love both of the above mentioned songs.
                              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                              ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

I love both of the above mentioned songs.
                                If it was eating the cannabis i might have enjoyed it

Comment

Working...
                                X