Advice on Ozzy remastered cd's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Ozzy remastered cd's

I want to started buying all of Ozzy's solo albums, is it worth me buying the 1995 remasters, or any versions before the 1995 releases.....I have read a lot of bad reviews for the 2002 remasters, can someone give me some advice please.

Originally posted by DE72 View Post
    I want to started buying all of Ozzy's solo albums, is it worth me buying the 1995 remasters, or any versions before the 1995 releases.....I have read a lot of bad reviews for the 2002 remasters, can someone give me some advice please.
    I think the 2002 remasters've got the best sound (speaking Blizzard and Diary only now), and captures the sound of Lee Kerslake and Bob Daisley the best...

95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

I have seen many good reviews of Blizzard Of Ozz Expanded Edition (2011) and Diary Of A Madman Legacy Edition (2011)

Comment

I have seen many good reviews of Blizzard Of Ozz Expanded Edition (2011) and Diary Of A Madman Legacy Edition (2011)
        DE72 go with the 2011 Editions!! They are hands down the best and Blizzard has a couple nice bonus tracks. Also Diary Of a Madman has a 2nd disc called OZZY LIVE and its SMOKIN' HOT!!

Billy the Underdog was just pulling your leg about the 2002 editions. The reason is that Ozzy and Sharon decided to COMPLETLY ERASE the original bass and drum tracks and replace them with Ozzy's current (at the time) band mates. It sounds AWFUL.

But the original Bass and Drum tracks were restored in the 2011 Editions!
        Last edited by axeman_12656; 07-18-2013, 09:00 AM.
        www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
          Billy the Underdog was just pulling your leg about the 2002 editions. The reason is that Ozzy and Sharon decided to COMPLETLY ERASE the original bass and drum tracks and replace them with Ozzy's current (at the time) band mates. It sounds AWFUL.
          Yeah, i was.

That was probably the biggest rape of one owns legacy, and rock legacy in general, there ever was. The musical equivalent of what Steven Spielberg and George Lucas is doing with their classic films. No, actually even worse than that...
          95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

Thank You both for your answers.....with the other Ozzy cd's, especially Bark at the Moon, should I buy the 1995 remaster, I read that the newer version has also been changed?

Comment

Thank You both for your answers.....with the other Ozzy cd's, especially Bark at the Moon, should I buy the 1995 remaster, I read that the newer version has also been changed?
              For the other albums I prefer the 2002 versions. There are a few spots on Bark At The Moon where they used alternates solos and stuff. But nothing drastic. Other than Bark (and of course Blizzard and Diary) the rest are as released. And they have nice bonus tracks on them. Go for the 2002's and then the 2011 Blizzard and Diary and you will be set.

Quick note though,

The Ulitmate Sin was not remastered in 2002. The 95 Re-issue is the newest version of that album.
              www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Thank You axeman_12656, I will check this cd's out.....I was originally going by this info:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/syl...R3I7F5RRKDLJPB

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                  Yeah, i was.

That was probably the biggest rape of one owns legacy, and rock legacy in general, there ever was. The musical equivalent of what Steven Spielberg and George Lucas is doing with their classic films. No, actually even worse than that...
                  I'm a fan boy, but even I was like WTF? And when they first came out people didn't know. So.. I got in the car opened the case and slid the CD in and.... 12 seconds later was like "what the hell is wrong with this?"

I still can't believe they did that. Ozzy said in his book he was against it from the start. But He still let it happend. He could have flat out said NO.
                  www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

As far as Bark at the Moon, definitely get the 95 version as the 02 was a remix and was totally different. Do download the bonus tracks songs from that version though, Spiders in the Night and One up the B Side are definitely worth having
                    Originally Posted by Monster Boy

Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

Comment

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                      Ozzy said in his book he was against it from the start.
                      Yeah, and i'm prone to believe him. My impression of him've always been that he do have alot of integrity, and understanding of what makes classics classics (though he can't see the brilliance of NSD!), but we know he's got a large team around him pushing him around (and i'm not only talking Sharon here, though most will blame her, and probably quasi-rightly so), but as you say; He still let it happen. A damn shame...

Comment

Yeah, and i'm prone to believe him. My impression of him've always been that he do have alot of integrity, and understanding of what makes classics classics (though he can't see the brilliance of NSD!), but we know he's got a large team around him pushing him around (and i'm not only talking Sharon here, though most will blame her, and probably quasi-rightly so), but as you say; He still let it happen. A damn shame...
                        Good post!! My thoughts exactly.
                        www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

I'm going to buy the 2011 remasters of Blizzard and Diary, Bark at the Moon is going to be the 1995 version, and the rest is going to be the 2002 versions.....I've just joined Spotify, and was able to listen to the different versions, and decide what releases I will buy
                          Thanks for everyone's views.

Comment

For one moment I thought you wuz serious.. then saw the little face and sprayed beer all over my monitor laughing!

You owe me a new monitor! :p

I think the 2002 remasters've got the best sound (speaking Blizzard and Diary only now), and captures the sound of Lee Kerslake and Bob Daisley the best...

Comment

I need to get The Ultimate Sin to complete my collection. I am having trouble finding it even at record stores. I guess I will have to go on Ebay but I really don't like purchasing from there.

Comment

Working...
                              X