Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill Ward: Solo Career and Discography

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bill Ward: Solo Career and Discography

    I've search the forum and can not find a dedicated thread about Bill's solo career. Obviously all of his stuff is long out of print but I've search the ends of the internet resources (as well as his official site) and discovered of quite the wealth of his material for listening enjoyment.

    Bill is one of the kindest musicians around; you can hear it in his voice and his lyrics. His solo stuff is vastly underrated.
    Black Sabbath:
    7/31/01, 8/17/04, 8/4/05, 8/6/13, 8/31/2016

    Heaven and Hell:
    5/12/07, 8/18/08, 8/21/09 (my last ever concert with Dad and Dio)

  • #2
    Indeed it is. I'd love to see some more of it.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

    "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

    Comment


    • #3
      I had some personal contact with Bill via mail (postal) back in the late 90's and he's a genuine, good guy. I agree that his solo stuff is incredibly underrated.

      ---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

      I've related this story before so I'll keep it brief:

      In 1990 when I discoved "Ward One" in a record shop, I wrote a letter to the record company to see if there were other albums by Bill, and if so, to get a catalog. To my surprise I got a return letter, not from anyone at the label, but from Bill himself. From there we carried on a personal correspondence, writing/receiving 4-5 letters a year, whenever Bill had time to write. He always took the time to answer my questions and share some of his anecdotes from over the years.

      In 1992, I was in a very bad car accident in which one of my friends was killed and I was seriously injured. In my continued correspondence with Bill, I wrote him about the details of the accident and my recovery, etc. The very next reply that I got from Bill was not a letter, but he actually took the time to speak into a recorder for 35-40 minutes and sent me a cassette on which he was very supportive and related several stories about his "mates" who had died over the years. It was a very uplifting part of my recovery and to this day one is of my most prized possessions.

      That's the kind of guy that Bill Ward is....
      Good Beer is the perfect blend of Art & Science.

      Comment


      • #4
        I remember having a Hard And Heavy VHS which had Ozzy post nearly killing Sharon, and an interview with Bill and the film clip to BOMBERS.

        That song just blew me away, I ended up recording it with a Dictaphone because I had no idea how to get the album (in Australia)...I went off that for years!

        Along The Way is an absolutely brilliant record, I think its right up there with anything Ozzy or Tony ever did and its one of my favourite records period.

        As for the rest of Bill's work, sadly all Ive managed to hear is a clip of The Dark Half Hour-which I think is fantastic too!

        Ive never been able to get a copy of when the bough breaks...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by metalgod View Post
          Bill is one of the kindest musicians around; you can hear it in his voice and his lyrics. His solo stuff is vastly underrated.
          Yes Bill is a pure gentleman, you can hear it in his voice and see it in his face, he is best with Sabbath though.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MRM45 View Post
            I had some personal contact with Bill via mail (postal) back in the late 90's and he's a genuine, good guy. I agree that his solo stuff is incredibly underrated.

            ---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

            I've related this story before so I'll keep it brief:

            In 1990 when I discoved "Ward One" in a record shop, I wrote a letter to the record company to see if there were other albums by Bill, and if so, to get a catalog. To my surprise I got a return letter, not from anyone at the label, but from Bill himself. From there we carried on a personal correspondence, writing/receiving 4-5 letters a year, whenever Bill had time to write. He always took the time to answer my questions and share some of his anecdotes from over the years.

            In 1992, I was in a very bad car accident in which one of my friends was killed and I was seriously injured. In my continued correspondence with Bill, I wrote him about the details of the accident and my recovery, etc. The very next reply that I got from Bill was not a letter, but he actually took the time to speak into a recorder for 35-40 minutes and sent me a cassette on which he was very supportive and related several stories about his "mates" who had died over the years. It was a very uplifting part of my recovery and to this day one is of my most prized possessions.

            That's the kind of guy that Bill Ward is....
            Thank-you for sharing that! What a great guy he must be to have done that for you. Only the most genuine of people would have taken the time, or showed that level of compassion. Great story.
            Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MRM45 View Post
              I had some personal contact with Bill via mail (postal) back in the late 90's and he's a genuine, good guy. I agree that his solo stuff is incredibly underrated.

              ---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

              I've related this story before so I'll keep it brief:

              In 1990 when I discoved "Ward One" in a record shop, I wrote a letter to the record company to see if there were other albums by Bill, and if so, to get a catalog. To my surprise I got a return letter, not from anyone at the label, but from Bill himself. From there we carried on a personal correspondence, writing/receiving 4-5 letters a year, whenever Bill had time to write. He always took the time to answer my questions and share some of his anecdotes from over the years.

              In 1992, I was in a very bad car accident in which one of my friends was killed and I was seriously injured. In my continued correspondence with Bill, I wrote him about the details of the accident and my recovery, etc. The very next reply that I got from Bill was not a letter, but he actually took the time to speak into a recorder for 35-40 minutes and sent me a cassette on which he was very supportive and related several stories about his "mates" who had died over the years. It was a very uplifting part of my recovery and to this day one is of my most prized possessions.

              That's the kind of guy that Bill Ward is....
              Can't get anymore genuine than that, I'm glad you have recovered from your injuries and are better, Bill Ward a true gentleman.

              Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
              Thank-you for sharing that! What a great guy he must be to have done that for you. Only the most genuine of people would have taken the time, or showed that level of compassion. Great story.
              That is why we love Bill Ward, and miss him. No one could ever replace him, fill in for him, but never replace him.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

              Comment


              • #8
                I hope bill does release accountable beasts and beyond Aston someday.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
                  I hope bill does release accountable beasts and beyond Aston someday.
                  I think Beyond Aston is pretty much shelved, but there's still hopes for Accountable Beasts i guess. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the BA-material pops up on AB either, kinda like Beach Boys' Smile/Smiley Smile...
                  95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                  Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X