Any of you Motorhead fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you Motorhead fans?

Sorry I know this isnt Sabbath related at all but Im sure some of you are into Motorhead as well if you like Sabbath.
    Im just getting into them now and want to start getting their records
    Which ones do you most reccomend? :D
    Thanks

Start off with Ace Of Spades. Then Bomber or Overkill, No Sleep Till Hammersmith(Live) Also there is Sacrifice , Overnight Sensation, Snake Bite Love, Inferno, Rock and Roll. They have 21 studio albums and those are some of the best. They are also one of the bets live bands ever, I've seen them 5 times and hope to see them again soon.
    Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

I echo NS thoughts. Can't go wrong with those choices and I'd also add 1916(1991) and Bastards(1993) to that list. Whats considered the classic lineup of Motörhead was Lemmy, Fast Eddie Clarke and Phil Taylor that played on the first 5 studio albums as well as the live album No Sleep 'til Hammersmith from 77 to 82, so thats a good starting point. Great Band.

Comment

I only ever really bothered with the ones Jack The Stripper mentioned, though March Or Die was the first I ever got (contains the one with Ozzy and Slash as well as Hellraiser)

I would recommend No Sleep...as the one to get, or Bomber/Golden Years EP (my favourite)

edit: seen em live in 07 supporting Motley Crue-kicked fucking ass but the rest of the crowd didn't give a fuck sadly...Lemmy asked if they had the right place even)

Comment

I got one of their hits CDs and called it a day. For the most part I really only like Ace Of Spades
          People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time.

Comment

Another Perfect Day is a dark horse, but I really enjoy it.

Comment

Aftershock has got me into them,
              You got blues, rock n roll, straight up rock on there.
              Lemmy is one of the best frank/no bullshit lyricists too!
              Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                I LOVE that album. I could have listed that and Bastards but I can overwhelm somebody with all the Motorhead love I feel.
                Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
                  edit: seen em live in 07 supporting Motley Crue-kicked fucking ass but the rest of the crowd didn't give a fuck sadly...Lemmy asked if they had the right place even)
                  I saw them on that tour as well. They blew Mötley Crüe away. Motörhead can make the shittiest sounding venues sound grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Never Satisfied View Post
                    I LOVE that album. I could have listed that and Bastards but I can overwhelm somebody with all the Motorhead love I feel.
                    Love for Motorhead is never overwhelming!

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                      I love this album too with the fantastic Robbo
                      Also , Love the "No Remorse" compilation with the 4 new tracks at the time . The sound of Snaggletooth was incredible .

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
                        I saw them on that tour as well. They blew Mötley Crüe away. Motörhead can make the shittiest sounding venues sound grand.
                        My ears hurt within 20 minutes of Motorhead playing, I've seen some big shows and never had that anywhere else hehe.

Sweet Revenge is a monster of a song, and the live Stone Dead Forever on the Golden Years EP is pure magic.

Comment

I love Motorhead, just ordered the No Remorse-Deluxe Edition CD.

I have the leather edition LP, since I was 16, that was a long time ago.

I seen them in concert like 3 or 4 times, once I was so close I could grab Lemmy's leg, I was screaming his name out, and he looked at me and tipped his head in recognition, that was awesome.
                          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

OMG that mustve been freaking awesome OzzyIsDio! haha i havent seen them yet because of course I just became a fan but hopefully they will have a North American tour next year :D and thanks everyone for the suggestions, I will look for them!

Comment

Originally posted by SabbathGirl92 View Post
                              OMG that mustve been freaking awesome OzzyIsDio! haha i havent seen them yet because of course I just became a fan but hopefully they will have a North American tour next year :D and thanks everyone for the suggestions, I will look for them!
                              SabbathGirl, it's bands like Sabbath and Motorhead that will stand the test of time.
                              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                              X