Yet Another New Singer for Jake E Lee's Red Dragon Cartel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another New Singer for Jake E Lee's Red Dragon Cartel

RED DRAGON CARTEL, the band led by former OZZY OSBOURNE and BADLANDS guitarist Jake E. Lee, has tapped singer Chas West (pictured; Jason Bonham, LYNCH MOB, 3 LEGGED DOGG) to front the group for its next round of tour dates, which kicks off this Friday, May 1 in Portland, Oregon.

RED DRAGON CARTEL's most recent vocalist, Michael Beck, played his last show with the band on April 26 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Beck made headlines earlier in the month when he inexplicably sang the lyrics to Osbourne's "Now You See It (Now You Don't)" while the rest of RED DRAGON CARTEL played "The Ultimate Sin" at their first show together in Miami, Florida.

RED DRAGON CARTEL in March announced the departure of singer Darren James Smith and addition of Beck.

Let's hope Jake gets it right this time. That last dude Michael Beck was a bad decision.
    www.downtrendmetal.com

I saw this Axeman. I really wish Jake and Ozzy would bury the hatchet and write a new record and tour again. Outside of Sabbath, I believe that would be Ozzy's best move for his fans.
    Religion won't save me
    The damage is done
    The future has ended
    Before it's begun
    - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
      I saw this Axeman. I really wish Jake and Ozzy would bury the hatchet and write a new record and tour again. Outside of Sabbath, I believe that would be Ozzy's best move for his fans.
      Since we are dreaming I wish Bob Daisley, Tommy Aldridge and Don Airey were brought back for it too...one last great Ozzy album

I didn't like Beck at all, I hope this guy pans out better for Jake.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
        Since we are dreaming I wish Bob Daisley, Tommy Aldridge and Don Airey were brought back for it too...one last great Ozzy album

I didn't like Beck at all, I hope this guy pans out better for Jake.
        I was going to say this exact thing but I know Bob and Ozzy working together is unfortunately impossible. That would actually be the BATM lineup and that would be amazing to have together again.
        Religion won't save me
        The damage is done
        The future has ended
        Before it's begun
        - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

All I know is Im glad the guy on the album is out of the band. I didn't hear enough of the fill in guy to make an opinion. And despite my lack of enthusiasm for the RDC album I do hope Jake continues to work on music.
          The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

I think just about any Ozzy fan would love to hear a new album with Jake at this point. To be honest it seems like Jake and Ozzy have unfinished business together. Ozzy mentions in his book that he unfairly fired Jake on some bad information he received. And that he felt bad about that. Sharon reached out to Jake in 2004 about the open guitar spot in the band later filled by Joe Holmes. Ozzy has been playing a touch more Jake era stuff in his solo sets the past few years (shot in the dark and killer of giants).

All the while Jakes struggles to find a quality singer and frotman.

Ozzy's last 2 solo albums and the Red Dragon Cartel album were all produced by Kevin Churko.

A reunion of the two would make solid positive for Ozz's solo career.

A reunion with Bob would be amazing but.... Not gonna happen.
            www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
              I think just about any Ozzy fan would love to hear a new album with Jake at this point. To be honest it seems like Jake and Ozzy have unfinished business together. Ozzy mentions in his book that he unfairly fired Jake on some bad information he received. And that he felt bad about that. Sharon reached out to Jake in 2004 about the open guitar spot in the band later filled by Joe Holmes. Ozzy has been playing a touch more Jake era stuff in his solo sets the past few years (shot in the dark and killer of giants).

All the while Jakes struggles to find a quality singer and frotman.

Ozzy's last 2 solo albums and the Red Dragon Cartel album were all produced by Kevin Churko.

A reunion of the two would make solid positive for Ozz's solo career.

A reunion with Bob would be amazing but.... Not gonna happen.
              Absolutely, it's great to see the Jake era get a little love.

I know it's pretty much impossible for them to work together again now but Bob and Ozzy really was a magical combo- it's a lose lose.

Comment

Here is RDC with Chaz West. He is certainly better than the last cat. You can tell he is still a touch green to the songs.. but I think once he settles in he could be really good for them.

www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

No one will ever replace Ray Gillen!!

www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Axe, I agree, it would be great to have Jake work on another Ozzy album. Then add Bob on bass and that Bill Ward guy on drums. This would be an awesome lineup! Most likely impossible, but it makes a great dream lineup.

Comment

I much prefer this new guy's voice...I missed the addition and departure of Beck so I can't comment on him but West, like DJ Smith needs to do something about his choice of trousers.

Comment

This seems like the pretty normal growing pains for a band, except they have the misfortune of already being in the spotlight so it comes off poorly.

Jake will find the right singer eventually. This new guy might be it:

Comment

Wow!! Looks like Chas West has certainly settled in. Listen to this.

I think Jake has found his man.

www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

A sure fire sign that a band is clicking and having fun is when they start dropping new songs into the set list.

This is the first time I have known of Jake and the guys playing WASTED from the new RDC album.

www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Working...
                              X