Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zakk Wylde - Book Of Shadows 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Zakk Wylde - Book Of Shadows 2

    In April Zakk Wylde is releasing BOOK OF SHADOWS 2. This is the 20th anniversary of the original. I frickin loved that CD and truly think it might be Zakk's best album. So I am pretty excited for this new release. Here is the new single. Sounds good. I really prefer when Zakk sings with clean vocals like this.

    also go to http://www.bookofshadows2.com and you can pre-order the CD signed by Zakk and get a Poster for $9.99. The CD will cost more than that in stores. I went ahead and ordered mine. Shipping was $3.95

    What do you all think? I dig it!

    www.downtrendmetal.com

  • #2
    Its a great deal no matter how you cut it. Thanks for posting!

    Comment


    • #3
      There is no denying that Zakk is a suberb guitarist but an entire album of acoustic solo stuff isn't really what rocks my boat...never cared much for the first Book Of Shadows and I seriously doubt I'll be bying this one either...

      Comment


      • #4
        Pre-ordered mine. Love Zakk's lighter side, Book Of Shadows & Hangover Music Vol. VI are up there with my favourite work Zakk's done. $9.99 for a signed cd & poster is a pretty sweet deal.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
          $9.99 for a signed cd & poster is a pretty sweet deal.
          That is a really great deal.
          Last edited by Thelemech; 02-25-2016, 01:25 PM.
          Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Charger View Post
            There is no denying that Zakk is a suberb guitarist but an entire album of acoustic solo stuff isn't really what rocks my boat...never cared much for the first Book Of Shadows and I seriously doubt I'll be bying this one either...

            Thats too bad. You're missing out on some well written music

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by OIM View Post
              Thats too bad. You're missing out on some well written music
              Yeah, when Zakk sits down and takes his time he can really write some beautiful music. And like Ozzy, he has a bone for the ballads. I think the problem with some of the BLS albums is that at times it seems like Zakk just throws them together.

              I fully expect BOS2 to be a solid release. Imagine if Zakk would write this kind of acoustic album with Ozzy! That could be some amazing stuff!!

              I'm glad to see some of you guys picking up on the autographed CD/ Poster pack. Amazing Deal!!
              www.downtrendmetal.com

              Comment


              • #8
                That sounds like the Zakk of old.

                I dig it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                  Imagine if Zakk would write this kind of acoustic album with Ozzy!
                  I absolutely, for the life of me, cannot figure out why this hasn't happened. They both have an incredible knack for ballads and melody. They would need nothing else but the 2 of them and a producer. Zakk would drop everything to do it with him in a heartbeat. Honestly, the fact that this hasn't happened is a sin.
                  ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Naming the album BOS 2...I'm not sure about hyping your own work up that way. That's putting way too much expectation, to people who remember the original BOS at least. This song isn't too bad but I need to hear some more to really decide to see if I'll like it. He was my biggest hero at one point but I've grown a bit tired of his playing and singing style for the past several years.

                    To me, Pride & Glory and BOS were his best efforts.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      That's a really good song.

                      It's got a rockin guitar solo and good dynamics too.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                        I absolutely, for the life of me, cannot figure out why this hasn't happened. They both have an incredible knack for ballads and melody. They would need nothing else but the 2 of them and a producer. Zakk would drop everything to do it with him in a heartbeat. Honestly, the fact that this hasn't happened is a sin.
                        It would be a SMASH!! I'm like you, I just don't understand why they haven't done this. They both have studios at their house. It would be painless. And something very different for Ozzy in the twilight of his career. Kind of like Johnny Cash did.

                        Originally posted by motorchang View Post
                        To me, Pride & Glory and BOS were his best efforts.
                        I agree 100%. I love Zakk but for the most part everything he releases sounds the same to my these days. That's why I am looking forward to this album. I hope it truly steps back to his style from that time period in the early 90's.
                        www.downtrendmetal.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I've been enjoying some Book Of Shadows today. I thought I would share this rare music video in case some of you haven't seen it before

                          www.downtrendmetal.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                            I agree 100%. I love Zakk but for the most part everything he releases sounds the same to my these days. That's why I am looking forward to this album. I hope it truly steps back to his style from that time period in the early 90's.
                            Yeah the sameness is what drove me off in the recent years. But he still has had managed to threw a good slow track or two in every BLS albums so far so hopefully he has packed a ton of them this time. There was a time when all I wanted to do on my guitar was play solos like him. But nowadays his leads mostly consists of about a couple out of 5 'pentatonic hardcore' patterns he throws in every song with some occasional bending that buys time until he decides which one of those patterns he'll use next. Listen to his lead on 'Harvester of pain' from P&G album for example, he didn't have to rely on any of those fast licks and still played an amazingly tasteful, emotional solo. Would love to hear more along those lines.
                            Last edited by motorchang; 02-28-2016, 07:43 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by motorchang View Post
                              Yeah the sameness is what drove me off in the recent years. But he still has had managed to threw a good slow track or two in every BLS albums so far so hopefully he has packed a ton of them this time. There was a time when all I wanted to do on my guitar was play solos like him. But nowadays his leads mostly consists of about a couple out of 5 'pentatonic hardcore' patterns he throws in every song with some occasional bending that buys time until he decides which one of those patterns he'll use next. Listen to his lead on 'Harvester of pain' from P&G album for example, he didn't have to rely on any of those fast licks and still played an amazingly tasteful, emotional solo. Would love to hear more along those lines.
                              I agree 100% with everything you said. It seems like these days Zakk has passed on tastefulness to instead be flashy. Make no mistake he is inhumanly fast and clean even on an acoustic. P&G was out of this world. Cry Me A River was always the standout track to me. Speaking of tasteful solos. That's near the top of my list.
                              www.downtrendmetal.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X