Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Day Of Errors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Day Of Errors

    Any news of any more gigs or a album?

  • #2
    I'd like to know if they're going to release a final package or something, like a live album and DVD, it's near the end and nothing has been announced.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
      I'd like to know if they're going to release a final package or something, like a live album and DVD, it's near the end and nothing has been announced.
      Shouldn't they release an album before even thinking about live stuff? Although (like so many other Bill related projects) I doubt anything will come out of this one either...the man just can't get anything done for what ever reason.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Charger View Post
        Shouldn't they release an album before even thinking about live stuff? Although (like so many other Bill related projects) I doubt anything will come out of this one either...the man just can't get anything done for what ever reason.
        You'd think so, but I have a feeling this project has already bitten the dust.

        Anyhow, It seems OID might have been reffering to Sabbath. Maybe he misinterpreted the thread.

        Comment


        • #5
          I heard they had some error with the drum machine.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
            You'd think so, but I have a feeling this project has already bitten the dust..
            It's a shame, To present the band to everyone, put out some videos and give everyone a taste and then seemingly, piss all the momentum away with inactivity. I think you're right Jack.
            I was so looking forward to "Beyond Aston" coming out as well after "Accountable Beasts", and that hasn't happened. As time goes by and Bill's almost in his 70's, I guess he won't be getting any quicker.
            We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
              You'd think so, but I have a feeling this project has already bitten the dust.

              Anyhow, It seems OID might have been reffering to Sabbath. Maybe he misinterpreted the thread.
              That's correct Jack, I made an error. I haven't forgotten you brother, will be responding, so damn busy.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Axe fiend View Post
                It's a shame, To present the band to everyone, put out some videos and give everyone a taste and then seemingly, piss all the momentum away with inactivity. I think you're right Jack.
                I was so looking forward to "Beyond Aston" coming out as well after "Accountable Beasts", and that hasn't happened. As time goes by and Bill's almost in his 70's, I guess he won't be getting any quicker.
                Yep, Bill definitely marches to the beat of his own drum these days The only consistent thing he's done and kept up with music related in recent years has been his Rock 50 radio show.

                Whatever makes him happy though I suppose.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Maybe the 2 guys that are in the band will try to push him to get a album released at some point. The whole Beyond Aston idea is dead.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Bill apparently played a Day of Errors track on his radio broadcast. I don't know if it was a studio, or live track, however.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                      Bill apparently played a Day of Errors track on his radio broadcast. I don't know if it was a studio, or live track, however.
                      I wish I had heard the song.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
                        I wish I had heard the song.
                        Do his broadcasts get archived at all? It might still be possible to hear it.

                        Scratch that: Three songs from the playlist aren't streamable, because they're not on Spotify. One of those is the Day of Errors track, apparently titled 'It Is Achieved'.
                        Last edited by SweetSymptom; 03-07-2017, 11:36 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Just announced a few dates for December on the West Coast.

                          https://www.dayoferrors.com/


                          More details from Bill's Facebook page here:

                          Day of Errors Set To Hit The Road For A String Of West Coast Dates This December

                          (Los Angeles, CA) Day of Errors will hit the road for seven dates along the west coast, kicking off in Eugene, OR on December 7, 2017. The band features Grammy Award winning, Hall of Fame inductee, Bill Ward on drums, guitarist Joe Amodea, and new member Dewey Bragg on vocals. Full list of dates below.

                          Day of Errors is currently writing and recording a few new tracks that they hope to share live for the first time on the tour. Supporting Day of Errors across all seven dates, will be Portland based band, Witch Mountain.

                          Bragg, the newest member of Day of Errors, replaces vocalist/bassist Nick Diltz who was in Day of Errors since 2015. Ward and Diltz made an amicable decision to part ways. Says Ward of Diltz. “We wish to thank him for his great musicianship and hope to remain friends in the future.”

                          Thursday, December 7 – Eugene, OR – WOW Hall
                          Friday, December 8 – Seattle, WA – High Dive
                          Saturday, December 9 – Portland, OR – Dante’s
                          Tuesday, December 12 – San Francisco, CA – Great American Music Hall
                          Wednesday, December 13 – Santa Cruz, CA – The Catalyst
                          Thursday, December 14 – Ventura, CA – The Garage
                          Friday, December 15 – San Diego, CA – The Casbah

                          Day of Errors was formed in 2015 by the founding father of heavy metal drumming, Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, and Grammy winner, Bill Ward. The band, which was started as Ward says “in the desire to have my drumming spirit continue to live” also features guitarist Joe Amodea (The Mighty Pragmatics, Alekhine's Gun, and Warrior Soul), and Dewey Bragg (Kill Devil Hill and Pissing Razors) on vocals.

                          Last year Ward discussed exactly what fans can expect from the group, by exclaiming, “We play loud, hard, with overtures of gut-kickin heavy, heavy parts.”


                          Personally I'd prefer it if they released an album, or better still if Bill would complete Beyond Aston.
                          My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post

                            Personally I'd prefer it if they released an album, or better still if Bill would complete Beyond Aston.
                            Me too, or even better: get a better band and tour Accountable Beasts.

                            I think it's great he's actually doing something, but i'm not stoked about what i've heard from DoE...

                            Btw, i think in a way Beyond Aston and Accountable Beasts to a degree merged together. Atleast Straws and First Day Out was originally announced to be on BA, and who knows what titles might've been changed?
                            Anyone noticed the link to a clip of the tune The Dark Half Hour on this site?

                            http://www.billward.com/sounds/Bill%...alf%20Hour.mp3

                            https://www.black-sabbath.com/discog...d/beyondaston/
                            95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                            Til árs ok friđar ok forn siđr

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                              Btw, i think in a way Beyond Aston and Accountable Beasts to a degree merged together. Atleast Straws and First Day Out was originally announced to be on BA, and who knows what titles might've been changed?
                              According to Joe's Discography page for Bill's Beyond Aston, Ashes was supposed to be on BA along with a song called Woodshop. I found a live recording of Woodshop awhile back and part of that song was put into Ashes on AB

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X