What DIO album should I get next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What DIO album should I get next?

So, I only own two DIO albums, Holy Diver and Strange Highways.

I would like to get two more this month, one old one and one more recent. Any tips?

Well no DIO fan should ever be forced to live their lives without two albums THE LAST IN LINE and MAGICA...

Comment

Definitely "The Last In Line", I'm not a fan of "Magica" but I suspect I'm in the minority.
      My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

Yep definitely The Last In Line. The first 4 albums are must owns. Any others from the rest of the Dio studio discography is consistent enough to be called great imo.

Comment

Get "Master of the Moon" before you get "Magica"

I think it's a lot more accessible.

"Magica" is kind of hit-and-miss and a little "WTF?" for someone who is just looking to rock.

Comment

Old: Last in Line
            New: Master of the Moon
            Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

Dream Evil

Magica
              Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Originally posted by thelemech View Post
                dream evil

magica
                y e s ! ! !
                Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Originally posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
                  Definitely "The Last In Line", I'm not a fan of "Magica" but I suspect I'm in the minority.
                  You're not alone. I didn't care for Magica either.

Comment

Whenever I see "should" paired with wasting money on recordings I shudder.

Ha ha, ok that trolling behavior out of the way, Kerry Livgren _ Seeds of Change and The Butterfly Ball. Dio and Roger Glover made a good pair
                    You bought and sold me with your lying words.
                    Phil, your head's all full of lice!

Comment

Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
                      Get "Master of the Moon" before you get "Magica"

I think it's a lot more accessible.

"Magica" is kind of hit-and-miss and a little "WTF?" for someone who is just looking to rock.
                      This was good advice. I loved Master of The Moon, probably up there with TDYK in being the best post-80s Dio record imo.

Killing The Dragon felt a little lacking to me. Been getting to know Magica the last few days and it's a grower, but I definitely prefer MOTM.

Comment

Magica is my least liked Dio album, Killing The Dragon is a great album, Master Of the Moon I like.
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                        X