The underrated greatness of "Lock Up The Wolves"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charger View Post
    Well if we're being honest here Magica is the only DIO album where I enjoy every single song. It is the most consistent album...all others have atleast one weak song on them...The Last In Line and Sacred Heart have several.
    I don't like Magica at all none of it, I disagree with you on Last In Line and Sacred Heart.

Funny how people's tastes are.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Yes very true...well partly anyways...DIO's Dream Evil tour was still hugely successful with Megadeth and Savatage opening.

The late 80s saw the beginning of the decline of traditional 70s heavy metal acts....they gave way to the likes of Iron Maiden and Metallica...and ofcourse later the scourge of music that was grunge ruined everything metal.
      Judas Priest, Scorpions, Motörhead, AC/DC & Kiss were all relevant & still going strong in the late 80's. Who else besides Deep Purple & Sabbath are you referring to as the traditional metal acts from the 70's?

Also, by 82/83/84 Maiden were one of (if not the biggest) metal bands on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post

Also, by 82/83/84 Maiden were one of (if not the biggest) metal bands on the planet.
        Maiden is still one of the biggest Metal bands today.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
          Maiden is still one of the biggest Metal bands today.
          Yep sure are.

Comment

Judas Priest, Scorpions, Motörhead, AC/DC & Kiss were all relevant & still going strong in the late 80's. Who else besides Deep Purple & Sabbath are you referring to as the traditional metal acts from the 70's?

Well Priest was already on a decline by the late 80s...Turbo tour was probably one of their biggest but it also was the beginning of the decline...

Motörhead never really was that big to begin with (sadly) so they never lost as much anyways. Haven't really followed AC/DC or Kiss that much to say.

Comment

Well Priest was already on a decline by the late 80s...Turbo tour was probably one of their biggest but it also was the beginning of the decline...

Motörhead never really was that big to begin with (sadly) so they never lost as much anyways. Haven't really followed AC/DC or Kiss that much to say.
              Priest's decline coincided with the decline of metal in general in the early/mid 90's and of coarse Halford leaving didn't help.

Comment

Priest's decline coincided with the decline of metal in general in the early/mid 90's and of coarse Halford leaving didn't help.
                HALFORD is best with Priest.

Comment

I absolutely love Lock Up The Wolves and I find it to be Ronnie's most underrated album. I admire the risk that Ronnie took writing and performing a stripped-down blues metal album, especially one by a band that was completely recast. If there's one criticism of the album I can think of it would be that Jens Johannson's performance was wasted as he is an exceptional keyboard player and he barely has any presence on this album. It's too bad that he broke up this band and never bothered to reunite with them.

Check out the great FM recording of a 1990 show called Live in Dallas 1990.

Comment

There is also a short making-of clip featuring the band in the studio.

Comment

^^^^^ Those were cool Petoria, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X